Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Friendship Beyond Death

SofiaKarin
    SofiaKarin

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-10-29

Friendship Beyond Death Empty Friendship Beyond Death

Post  SofiaKarin Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Though working with many spiritual practices daily for years, and "traveling" between the worlds, or if you will, to expanded parts of consciousness as an important part of this, I have said for a long time that "I don't talk to dead people." It is a bit funny for me to observe, that even though everything from elves, to stones are ok for me to communicate with there has been something about communicating with the dead where I had a resistance. I think part of that is that has been a bit of a suspicion of how the idea of death has been used by religions, and later often simplified by the New Age after life literature and huge interest in near death experiences.

Then I stumbled over this great book, that is so as understated, direct and open-minded as Rita's world (by a Frank DeMarco) that I could relax about the whole thing. What I really like about this book is that the whole premise is the friendship built up between Frank, and Rita. A respectful friendship, centered around their common interest in spirituality and philosophy in life, that simply doesn't end when Rita dies, but rather expands. From where she is on the other side, Rita has access to knowledge about existence that is far beyond ordinary knowledge. Through daily conversations Frank and Rita covers areas such as 'The nature of time,' 'Unlived potential' and 'Good and evil'.

The idea of a friendship that simply continues after death, and sweet conversations that simply continues, really struck a cord in me. That is just how I want it to be. I'm re-examining my own prejudice about the concept of death, and how we can communicate with those on the other side. Who knows, maybe I'll see if I can talk to my grandmother who passed many years ago next?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Friendship Beyond Death Empty Re: Friendship Beyond Death

Post  Violet Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:02 am

Hi SofiaKarin and welcome, it's good how a book can change the way we think.   A lot of people struggle with the 'dead' bit, I know a very long time ago it took me a while to get my head round it. Only the physical body dies, I really hope you make contact with your grandmother but im fairly certain if you talk to her she will hear you even if it seems there is no response.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SofiaKarin
    SofiaKarin

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-10-29

Post  SofiaKarin Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:54 pm

Violet,

I think we are in a very good time now to feel a great sense of closeness to many of our loved ones on the other side, and who comes through may be just as much up to them as it is to us ;)

Which is why I really liked the book I mentioned. It takes nothing for granted, but rather seems to mean that firendships - or as I see it any important relationship - is not all that different than when we live. We want to give it energy from both sides it just works :). 

Traditionally it is said that the time around Halloween/Alvablot/Day of the Dead ... is a great time to talk to and honor our loved ones who passed over. "The veils between the worlds are thing." You can feel it in the air :)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm