Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Twin Flames and Losing Your True Self

caligirl4ever
    Just joined

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2016-06-18

Twin Flames and Losing Your True Self Empty Twin Flames and Losing Your True Self

Post  caligirl4ever Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:08 am

I recently had a relationship with my twin flame, which was probably the most wonderful experience I've ever had. However it ended after a short while and we are no longer speaking.

During the time I was with him, it really made me realize who I am as a person and made me be the best version of myself. After our separation, I was devastated at first, but I had a feeling it was only temporary. The thought that we may reunite, even if only as friends, kept me moving forward. I decided to spend this time pursuing my interests and develop who I am as a person. I really felt so happy and was growing as a person. However there's a big problem.

The thing is, he was always part of me being my true self and I can't seem to separate myself from him in that sense. For instance I started developing new interests but the thing is some of them were things he was interested in too. Recently something happened that made me lose hope in any reunion, I became very depressed and can no longer pursue any of those interests because it reminds me of him and is painful. And even when I try to, I just don't have the passion I did before. And also I miss those times with him because I was so happy and free back then, and knowing that may never happen again is heartbreaking. The thought of losing him is painful, but it's even more painful that I lost myself. I am really lost on what to do and how to feel whole again.
    absinthe
    absinthe

Female
    Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2016-08-09

Twin Flames and Losing Your True Self Empty Re: Twin Flames and Losing Your True Self

Post  absinthe Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm wary of this twin flame idea. There's no doubt that someone can meet the love of their life and form a totally fulfilling relationship
    and they could label themselves as twin flames. If, as people do, they change and don't keep in sync then it will be painful for
    a long time for the one left aside. It sometimes seems like circumstances that cause the drift. One of the flames lives a long way
    away from the other or has to move elsewhere to work, and they revert to their former life-style. The idea of reuniting does keep
    the one deserted dangerously on a hook - one of the more evil aspects of the belief.  

Despairing as it sounds, it happens and the only thing the deserted person can do, flame or not, is try to stay positive. Find ways to free
    themselves. It isn't going to be at all easy but small steps like admitting it's probably over and you are free to do something else is
    a start. Gradually re-enter the world of people and absorb the freedom, all over a period of time that may be weeks or months. 

Twin flame seems to be a label that's become popular of late but with it seems to come with a warning of pain and frustration. 

I hope you can recover quickly - my sympathies with you as I know what it feels like to lose someone you were once very close to.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Twin Flames and Losing Your True Self Empty Re: Twin Flames and Losing Your True Self

Post  Blueanchor Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Absinthe has said all that I wished to say in response here.

Sometimes loving someone that is no longer in our life enables us to come to understand what it is to love unconditionally.
    Next

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2017-01-24

Post  Next Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:19 pm

My twin flame is internal. I used to mistake physically embodied people for him.
    Saoirse Walker
    Saoirse Walker
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2018-04-08

Post  Saoirse Walker Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:38 pm

There's relief when there's healing for the pain. If you can face the pain and the truths about how you feel, and why you feel, then sometimes it dissipates and you can go back to life with more peace. The trick is to be loving and not judging, to make good discoveries about yourself to know yourself better. Many people advocate taking a critical look and weed out ego etc. Yet if you look for ego or fault leading to it, it cuts off your ability to speak to yourself purely from a place of being. Your emotions are trying to tell you something about you for your well-being and not to find fault. Any realizations about ego or faults come later after you've healed and are ready to take new steps with new knowledge.

Maybe you are losing interest in pieces of your life because part of you believes what you'll learn from it to be higher than the value of these pieces of your life. Part of you might be saying "Hey this person feels like a piece of you and I'm not going to let you have pieces of yourself back until you acknowledge it." It's ok to acknowledge that someone is dramatically important to your life. Then if you're separated you'll know what you're missing and what you are hoping to provide for yourself. It could be something as simple as needing to make more true and compatible connections as friendships so that you have that in your life always. It's good to have many special connections. It won't make him less unique to you.

I don't know if that helps. I'm speaking from my own recent experience and don't know if any of it applies to you, but I hope it helps. I know that the man in my life was extra important and special because there were no others who I could truly connect to. I'm now working on building more and more of these connections, knowing it won't make him any less special, but I won't need him in the same way, or hurt with the same level of loss and pain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm