Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

hi im new like to make friends ^_^

Mythoscio
    Mythoscio

Number of posts : 33
    Job/hobbies : Meditation, spirituality, writing, reading, drawing, singing, dancing, blogging & poetry
    Registration date : 2016-10-17

hi im new like to make friends ^_^ Empty hi im new like to make friends ^_^

Post  Mythoscio Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:33 am

HI everyone!

My name is Soul I just found this site ^_^
    I'm a very spiritual person and have an apreciation for all spiritual (non-spiritual) and well all cultures and all things! I am influced by a variety of spiritualities, psychological/scientific theroies all which narrow down to unity, love, spiritual growth and the persuit of dreams & the aspirations of spirit!

I been exploring spiritual things for quite a bulk of my life- and have decidated my life in the persuits and envolvement with spirit!

I'd love to communicate with others on a similar path, share information, experiences, and friendship :)

The majority of my study is esoteric, hermetic, alchemical, and shamanic,

But besides that, I am a lover of nature and life, kindness, respect, joy happiness, dreams, play and dedication to the spirit of all being is vital to me!

If you'd like to know anything else let me know ^_^
    I'd also love to get to know some others here, tell me about yourself and what your persuits and interests are or anything else you would like to share if you'd like!

Much love,
    Namaste!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

hi im new like to make friends ^_^ Empty Re: hi im new like to make friends ^_^

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:21 am

:welcome: :si:  Soul!

I am pleased that you found this forum since you sound very interesting.  You write a very good introduction to yourself and I am sure you will find much here to interact with.

Since you say you would like to learn about us, i.e. members here, I will say a little about myself.  I have been on the spiritual path all my adult life (since my hippy days of self exploration).  I am now retired although I call myself a full time person!

I had a huge transformation in my 30s from having a fatalistic mindset (whereby I felt "this is how it is" i.e. nothing can be done/victim mentality) to overcoming the resistance to believing we have the freewill to change ourselves....I became receptive to that possibly and have never looked back!  I now have a positive mindset hardwired into me.

I used to be a buddhist (from the Mahayana school of thought) but found non attachment too deadening.  My best quality is my compassion (which Buddhism excels in promoting).  I have been called a lightworker and what I do best is helping others with emotional issues.  (I have qualified skills that relate to this gift also). 

My current mentor is Eckhart Tolle and he rightly deserves his fame for his bestseller The Power Of Now which has helped so many overcome their emotional issues. (Oprah Winfrey must take credit for bringing him into the attention of the media and thereby making his teachings available to a much wider public than just those who are spiritually inclined).

My current interests are increasingly developing my intuition and staying more heart centered.  I share your values!  I also think it is beneficial to develop a sense of humour since this often helps put things into perspective, i.e. has a balancing effect and a feelgood factor.  I used to do stand up comedy.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Welcome to this forum. You may want to give my forum a look as well.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:Welcome to this forum. You may want to give my forum a look as well.
    Ha...neat advertising plus there! 

Care to share something about yourself since Soul is asking us about this?  It would be nice to know and further act as a good advert for you maybe!
    hi im new like to make friends ^_^ Wink
    Mythoscio
    Mythoscio

Job/hobbies : Meditation, spirituality, writing, reading, drawing, singing, dancing, blogging & poetry

hi im new like to make friends ^_^ Empty @ameliorate

Post  Mythoscio Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Wow thank you very much for your reply it's great to meet you!
    xD yeah laugher is so vital, it's the best medicine amirite?
    haha x)

Anyway, I find it really interesting you were into Mahayana Budhism and I SO GET what you mean by "deadening" ... It is actually a very common theme I see in other religions and practices etc, about having to disattatch from this reality (desires etc) and somehow transfer into pure conciousness or something like that? lol! they say "body is lesser, spirit is greater, you must give up the body and become pure spirit" things similar to that... It's interesting concepts, but I've gotten very depressed over this.. For awhile I felt sad and numb, like I was trapped here, like love, happiness and joy were all just a sham and I had to distance myself from reality, emotions, connectiveness, and any form of pleasure here. But the experience did really help me give another look at myself and see reality in another way.

Maybe there is a fine line though, of being receptive and open to the growth and other expeiriences of spirit, while giving it also the freedom to apreciate and love when and where ever it is... Just holdin kinda loosely to it instead of a death grip. lol!

Maybe some day that is the destiny of spirit, but it is dificult to stay loving this place when you are trying so hard to "get out of here"? lol, what do you think bout all of it?

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Mythoscio wrote:Wow thank you very much for your reply it's great to meet you!
    haha x)

Anyway, I find it really interesting you were into Mahayana Budhism and I SO GET what you mean by "deadening" ... It is actually a very common theme I see in other religions and practices etc, about having to disattatch from this reality (desires etc) and somehow transfer into pure conciousness or something like that? lol! they say "body is lesser, spirit is greater, you must give up the body and become pure spirit" things similar to that... It's interesting concepts, but I've gotten very depressed over this.. For awhile I felt sad and numb, like I was trapped here, like love, happiness and joy were all just a sham and I had to distance myself from reality, emotions, connectiveness, and any form of pleasure here. But the experience did really help me give another look at myself and see reality in another way.

Maybe there is a fine line though, of being receptive and open to the growth and other expeiriences of spirit, while giving it also the freedom to apreciate and love when and where ever it is... Just holdin kinda loosely to it instead of a death grip. lol!

Maybe some day that is the destiny of spirit, but it is dificult to stay loving this place when you are trying so hard to "get out of here"? lol, what do you think bout all of it?

Wow you have been on quite a spiritual journey!  So were you a buddhist once too?  I have to say it gave me a useful tool i.e. the ability to detach myself from my emotions....like watching myself from above.  I got into Mahayana Buddhism because I excelled in unrequited love which, you can imagine, can be very painful.  So learning how to detach myself is a very useful tool! I did not yearn to be the person's lover (I never felt worthy) but I was very attached to having to see the person!  (It was an exquisite, mysterious secret of mine). 

I am still not sure whether I took the non attachment too far, i.e. more than what it was intended for but it got to the stage where I questioned why I wanted to phone a friend - seeing it as a weakness.  Ridiculous!  It did leave me feeling like I was watching life play out from the wings.  I had peace, serenity but at a price.  I did a painting of how I felt at the time....all of life was in colour and I was watching, from the wings, calm but all grey.  Eventually I chose to dive back into life! 
    hi im new like to make friends ^_^ Color

Yes to feel love without attachment is quite an art...giving without strings - not wanting something to be more than what it offers.   I feel we are supposed to be here for the human experience so I am in no rush to be pure spirit.  We are here for a reason and learning how to live harmoniously is a long lesson.

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:27 pm

I do like the spirit of this thread - it's so good to have people summarise their journeys. I've spoken to Ame for over a year and didn't know all this.

I find my journey difficult to define because I haven't followed particular ways. Nature has always been a friend to me and one of the wisest guides in all things spiritual. I work psychically with energies to show me the way and help me to understand our deeper existence. This comes in the form of connecting to nature and souls of animals, plants, minerals and people from different perspectives.

I am just me and am influenced more by the life I've lived and the lessons learned and wisdom that have come from that.
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:47 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Soul
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Knight of Albion wrote:A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Soul
    Aww come on and share something about yourself! It would be so nice.  hi im new like to make friends ^_^ Color
    Mythoscio
    Mythoscio

Post  Mythoscio Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:13 am

ameliorate wrote:
    haha x)

Wow you have been on quite a spiritual journey!  So were you a buddhist once too?  I have to say it gave me a useful tool i.e. the ability to detach myself from my emotions....like watching myself from above.  I got into Mahayana Buddhism because I excelled in unrequited love which, you can imagine, can be very painful.  So learning how to detach myself is a very useful tool! I did not yearn to be the person's lover (I never felt worthy) but I was very attached to having to see the person!  (It was an exquisite, mysterious secret of mine). 

I am still not sure whether I took the non attachment too far, i.e. more than what it was intended for but it got to the stage where I questioned why I wanted to phone a friend - seeing it as a weakness.  Ridiculous!  It did leave me feeling like I was watching life play out from the wings.  I had peace, serenity but at a price.  I did a painting of how I felt at the time....all of life was in colour and I was watching, from the wings, calm but all grey.  Eventually I chose to dive back into life! 

Yes to feel love without attachment is quite an art...giving without strings - not wanting something to be more than what it offers.   I feel we are supposed to be here for the human experience so I am in no rush to be pure spirit.  We are here for a reason and learning how to live harmoniously is a long lesson.

Beautiful reply, thank you kindly!

Ya it's been one crazy adventure, part of me is still always going to thirst for spirit to be all spirit can be.

but I can't help but think, IF spirit CAN become and go to this other dimension, why not go back and forth? How come its a all or nothing deal? if it has nothing to even do with the body, why does the body need to physcial die? it's very confusing stuff. Lol. and, isn't that a huge gamble to take? what if i kill myself but oops turns out all that was fraud you just wasted your life. lool.

I've never been comissioned to any religious organization, but I do glean insight from every avalible source of spirit.

I wonder, if I've done it so many times, as Buddha, Christ, etc, how'd I end up back here, and why am I here again? Shouldn't I be able to go back and forth between the worlds? Maybe I can.. Lol!

This world is beautiful though, it offers much wonder. And ya, without all the diversity and colors, it is all just grey.. I don't know, all the worlds offer something wonderous.. Even the "non-worlds" or what have you. LOL!

Much love,
    Namaste!

Mythoscio
    Mythoscio

Post  Mythoscio Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:23 am

Blueanchor wrote:I do like the spirit of this thread - it's so good to have people summarise their journeys. I've spoken to Ame for over a year and didn't know all this.

I find my journey difficult to define because I haven't followed particular ways. Nature has always been a friend to me and one of the wisest guides in all things spiritual. I work psychically with energies to show me the way and help me to understand our deeper existence. This comes in the form of connecting to nature and souls of animals, plants, minerals and people from different perspectives.

I am just me and am influenced more by the life I've lived and the lessons learned and wisdom that have come from that.

ty very much! and thanks for your lovely reply!<3

wow that's so incredible I really resonate with this, spirit (life experiences etc) & nature are incredible teachers,
    and a lot of times I think the road less traveled is very wise.

I really apreciate this diversity! So where are you at now with your spirituality? what are your current goals & aspirations if you'd like to discuss it, anyway, cheers!

Much Love<3

Last edited by Mythoscio on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mythoscio
    Mythoscio

Post  Mythoscio Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:26 am

Knight of Albion wrote:A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Soul

Thank you very much I feel very welcomed ^_^ I love your picture btw! (555 posts ahaha! I love sacred geometry and number sequences like this for me atleast signify good stuff) Would you like to share any of the spiritual sort of things about yourself?

Namaste & much love!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:40 am

Mythoscio wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    haha x)

I am still not sure whether I took the non attachment and eliminating desires too far, i.e. more than what it was intended for but it got to the stage where I questioned why I wanted to phone a friend - seeing it as a weakness.  Ridiculous!  It did leave me feeling like I was watching life play out from the wings.  I had peace, serenity but at a price.  I did a painting of how I felt at the time....all of life was in colour and I was watching, from the wings, calm but all grey.  Eventually I chose to dive back into life! 

Beautiful reply, thank you kindly!

Ya it's been one crazy adventure, part of me is still always going to thirst for spirit to be all spirit can be.

but I can't help but think, IF spirit CAN become and go to this other dimension, why not go back and forth? How come its a all or nothing deal? if it has nothing to even do with the body, why does the body need to physcial die? it's very confusing stuff. Lol. and, isn't that a huge gamble to take? what if i kill myself but oops turns out all that was fraud you just wasted your life. lool.

I've never been comissioned to any religious organization, but I do glean insight from every avalible source of spirit.

I wonder, if I've done it so many times, as Buddha, Christ, etc, how'd I end up back here, and why am I here again? Shouldn't I be able to go back and forth between the worlds? Maybe I can.. Lol!

This world is beautiful though, it offers much wonder. And ya, without all the diversity and colors, it is all just grey.. I don't know, all the worlds offer something wonderous.. Even the "non-worlds" or what have you. LOL!

Much love,
    Namaste!

(I have highlighted the parts I am offering feedback on).

Spirit can go 'back and forth' i.e. with out of body experiences (OBE) and astral projection (AP).  I am sure you must have heard of them.

Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy.  I am not drawn to orthodox religion.  These days I have stopped reading books and attending spiritual talks. (I did that quite extensively for about a decade).  I prefer to go more on my intuition, mindfulness and focusing on developing love/the heart.

Good to see you interacting here.  No doubt you will find many threads to interest you.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Mythoscio wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:I do like the spirit of this thread - it's so good to have people summarise their journeys. I've spoken to Ame for over a year and didn't know all this.

wow that's so incredible I really resonate with this, spirit (life experiences etc) & nature are incredible teachers,

I really apreciate this diversity! So where are you at now with your spirituality? what are your current goals & aspirations if you'd like to discuss it, anyway, cheers!

Much Love<3

I'm just living this part of my life. I've never had goals or aspirations spiritually because I was shown a long time ago, that although there are different vibrations that resonate with different dimensions, there is no ladder to climb to a more aspirational place. So I seek to understand what life and spirit are showing me through the life I live, rather than to get some place else. 

This has worked well for me, and my life constantly changes and takes me to new places (and new people) to explore and learn through.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    Mythoscio wrote:

Much Love<3

I'm just living this part of my life. I've never had goals or aspirations spiritually because I was shown a long time ago, that although there are different vibrations that resonate with different dimensions, there is no ladder to climb to a more aspirational place. So I seek to understand what life and spirit are showing me through the life I live, rather than to get some place else. 

This has worked well for me, and my life constantly changes and takes me to new places (and new people) to explore and learn through.
    I am curious to know what you mean by the bit I have highlighted here.  'No ladder' would indicate that there is no hierarchy and the word 'aspirational' is just about desiring something greatly.  Spirituality is obviously not competitive but I do see that there are various levels of intensity. 

It is one thing to contact our soul/spirit, as can be achieved by being with nature or meditating but that may be for a very short time.  Becoming more spiritualised would involve being MORE in spirit, i.e. as a way of living rather than living through our ego, which is more the norm.   How a tibetan monk lives - totally attuned to their spirit 24/7 - has a greater intensity and higher state of consciousness (I feel) than how we live, i.e. having to participate in worldly matters that constantly challenge our intent to remain spiritualised.  It is harder to always stay centred in our spirit in the western world, I feel, although being mindful is conducive to helping maintain this equilibrium.  Coming from a place of spirit, rather than ego, can be a goal for those who want this i.e. "the ladder".

Discuss?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:03 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    Mythoscio wrote:

Much Love<3

I am curious to know what you mean by the bit I have highlighted here.  'No ladder' would indicate that there is no hierarchy and the word 'aspirational' is just about desiring something greatly.  Spirituality is obviously not competitive but I do see that there are various levels of intensity. 

It is one thing to contact our soul/spirit, as can be achieved by being with nature or meditating but that may be for a very short time.  Becoming more spiritualised would involve being MORE in spirit, i.e. as a way of living rather than living through our ego, which is more the norm.   How a tibetan monk lives - totally attuned to their spirit 24/7 - has a greater intensity and higher state of consciousness (I feel) than how we live, i.e. having to participate in worldly matters that constantly challenge our intent to remain spiritualised.  It is harder to always stay centred in our spirit in the western world, I feel, although being mindful is conducive to helping maintain this equilibrium.  Coming from a place of spirit, rather than ego, can be a goal for those who want this i.e. "the ladder".

Discuss?
    Yes, what I mean by no ladder is that there is no hierarchy. Aspiration is a useful device for riding on hope into the unknown and enjoying what is eventually found there. Aspiration is only negative when expectation (or a static belief in an aspirational goal) is involved. Aspiration is the vehicle to aid a journey, rather than a destination... and this is how I mean the bolded phrase.

Intensity is a comparative perception. If you live on land, then the intensity of deep sea diving is so great that land dwellers have to move back to the surface slowly. Alternatively, if you were a deep dwelling animal, then the intensity of the surface waters and land would be great. Intensity is perceived when we move out of our perceived normal, whatever that may be. It isn't a one way ladder.

And so, from the human understanding of self, the spiritual experience can be pretty intense. And in the same way, the spirits understanding of human can be equally intense. I am equally human and spirit and if you can picture a line between them, then my perception works from both sides of that line. Yet, I would say that I'm more comfortable in spirit than I am with human experiences. 

I don't see a monk in a monastery as being more or less spiritualise than a person living and working in a capitalist society. The monk is no more or less advanced spiritually, he (why so many he's? are women able to become Tibetan monks?), he is living a life that provides him with opportunity to learn his lessons. Living amongst our society is something that I find pretty intense. But it provides me the experiences I need.

In a previous life, I lived as a monk, a Christian monk, and I found great peace in the monastery. But towards the end of that spiritualised life, I realised what God was, and in that realisation, I saw humanity in a new light, and that life and realisation I found from it, has come back to me in this life and helped me to understand the life I live now.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:I'm just living this part of my life. I've never had goals or aspirations spiritually because I was shown a long time ago, that although there are different vibrations that resonate with different dimensions, there is no ladder to climb to a more aspirational place. So I seek to understand what life and spirit are showing me through the life I live, rather than to get some place else. 

Discuss?
    Yes, what I mean by no ladder is that there is no hierarchy. Aspiration is a useful device for riding on hope into the unknown and enjoying what is eventually found there. Aspiration is only negative when expectation (or a static belief in an aspirational goal) is involved. Aspiration is the vehicle to aid a journey, rather than a destination... and this is how I mean the bolded phrase.

Intensity is a comparative perception. If you live on land, then the intensity of deep sea diving is so great that land dwellers have to move back to the surface slowly. Alternatively, if you were a deep dwelling animal, then the intensity of the surface waters and land would be great. Intensity is perceived when we move out of our perceived normal, whatever that may be. It isn't a one way ladder.

And so, from the human understanding of self, the spiritual experience can be pretty intense. And in the same way, the spirits understanding of human can be equally intense. I am equally human and spirit and if you can picture a line between them, then my perception works from both sides of that line. Yet, I would say that I'm more comfortable in spirit than I am with human experiences. 

I don't see a monk in a monastery as being more or less spiritualise than a person living and working in a capitalist society. The monk is no more or less advanced spiritually, he (why so many he's? are women able to become Tibetan monks?), he is living a life that provides him with opportunity to learn his lessons. Living amongst our society is something that I find pretty intense. But it provides me the experiences I need.

In a previous life, I lived as a monk, a Christian monk, and I found great peace in the monastery. But towards the end of that spiritualised life, I realised what God was, and in that realisation, I saw humanity in a new light, and that life and realisation I found from it, has come back to me in this life and helped me to understand the life I live now.
    Thanks for your reply - I particularly like your last paragraph!

Re. the monk and ourselves in society (I only said he because there are more male monks than female ones, that's all).  What I meant by monks being more spiritualised was related to the level of spiritual attainment/higher state of consciousness.  I do believe in spiritual purity - I can FEEL it when someone is coming from a pure space e.g. of love and I am sure you must have experienced this too. Whilst we can all get into that zone at times, my point is that the monks are on that plane predominantly.  Living in our society most certainly provides us with lessons but also we are subject to being tainted by a predominance of low levels of energy.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 pm

You were right to say he, I was just highlighting that there are more male than female monks - the reasons for this are worth considering.

I do feel that purity, but I feel it when I walk with trees or mountains or seas. When I'm in pure places, it flows through me. It's not me that's pure, it's the energies of a space. Similarly, the monk hasn't attained anything spiritually, he is living in a pure space.

Similarly, the monk wouldn't lose any spiritual attainment if he were to walk down the mountain and spend time working in the city. He is still the same monk, it is only the energies around him that change.

We need purity to clear our connections and heal or clear the energies we live in, and then we return to the crowd and take that energy with us and when it feels time to renew, then intuition will naturally lead us out into the wildernesses again.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Blueanchor wrote:You were right to say he, I was just highlighting that there are more male than female monks - the reasons for this are worth considering.

I do feel that purity, but I feel it when I walk with trees or mountains or seas. When I'm in pure places, it flows through me. It's not me that's pure, it's the energies of a space. Similarly, the monk hasn't attained anything spiritually, he is living in a pure space.

Similarly, the monk wouldn't lose any spiritual attainment if he were to walk down the mountain and spend time working in the city. He is still the same monk, it is only the energies around him that change.

We need purity to clear our connections and heal or clear the energies we live in, and then we return to the crowd and take that energy with us and when it feels time to renew, then intuition will naturally lead us out into the wildernesses again.
    I find it a bit sad that you say the purity is not in you but in the energies of a space.  Yes there is pure energy in that space, e.g. nature but also it resonates with our soul, I feel. How else could we attune to it?

When I am in nature and still for a while - where there is nothing but the sounds of nature - my ego dissolves and I become one with that vibration.  There is no separation.

When I am in love, that purity within me is at its strongest, imbuing life with a kind of blessed sacredness.  It's when I feel most beautiful (inside/spiritually).  So here I would have to disagree with you when you say that it's not you that is pure.  By the grace of certain vibrations, we are influenced, affected and transformed - are we not our feelings?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:45 am

No ego, no separation, one... and yet perceiving the energy of space to be outside and the energy of what? yourself? to be inside

In my experience, energies flow through brick walls and bodies and dimensions, it is influenced by all that it touches, but it is one, not belonging.

Lol, don't be sad for me, it's not such a bad place to be.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:46 am

Blueanchor wrote:No ego, no separation, one... and yet perceiving the energy of space to be outside and the energy of what? yourself? to be inside

In my experience, energies flow through brick walls and bodies and dimensions, it is influenced by all that it touches, but it is one, not belonging.

Lol, don't be sad for me, it's not such a bad place to be.
    The notion of energy belonging to self is not something I have spent much time pondering, except when it is obvious i.e. owning how we interact with others.

To be infused and transformed with love does not mean I own the source of love but that I have the spark of love within me that is capable of being ignited, i.e. am part of the package.  This is my belief - that we have the spark of divinity within us but are not ourselves God (though some think they are!  In which case, God just got dumbed down...BIG time!!)

My key point though was about spiritual purity and I feel it IS something that can be more attained to a greater degree, i.e. not just dipped into but to be there constantly.  This is my current focus.

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Belief is personal to each individual and chosen because it's helpful usually.

I do believe that if you live up a mountain in a spiritually focussed community, working on the land and mediating for many hours, then you would feel pure. However, I don't believe that a monk is more or less advanced, I believe the monk is living a lifestyle that would bring about that feeling in most people.

But what good is a saint in a heaven or a monk that lives too far away for most people to ever reach out to.

There is a unique beauty in walking through a society that raises genuine challenges. It's hard to be pure in integrity and love here, but perhaps that is the test. But spirit is essentially pure.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Belief is personal to each individual and chosen because it's helpful usually.

I do believe that if you live up a mountain in a spiritually focussed community, working on the land and mediating for many hours, then you would feel pure. However, I don't believe that a monk is more or less advanced, I believe the monk is living a lifestyle that would bring about that feeling in most people.

But what good is a saint in a heaven or a monk that lives too far away for most people to ever reach out to.

There is a unique beauty in walking through a society that raises genuine challenges. It's hard to be pure in integrity and love here, but perhaps that is the test. But spirit is essentially pure.
    Whilst I agree with you that living a spiritually focused lifestyle is conducive to bringing about spiritual purity, nevertheless, since the monks have attained this (BECAUSE of their lifestyle and environment), then they have become advanced.  However, I see what you are saying - that we all have the capacity to achieve this in such a situation, which I was not disputing.   Perhaps you misunderstood me, i.e. I wasn't suggesting the monks were already advanced separately from their environment and spiritual practises  - obviously these are very significant factors in bringing out this purity.

I was pleased you ended by saying that 'spirit is essentially pure' because previously you said that 'it isn't me that's pure' - maybe you meant ego?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:21 pm

When I'm in spirit, there is no my spirit and another spirit, there is just spirit. When I'm with trees, I'm trees, when I'm on a mountain, I'm rock, earth and everything that makes the mountain, when I'm in a storm, I'm a storm and the earth and air.

I look out through the windows of my eyes and know that I'm separate, but as energy I feel one beyond any perception of me.

It's not easy to explain, but those experiences that I attempt to explain (poorly maybe) are what I mean.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Blueanchor wrote:When I'm in spirit, there is no my spirit and another spirit, there is just spirit. When I'm with trees, I'm trees, when I'm on a mountain, I'm rock, earth and everything that makes the mountain, when I'm in a storm, I'm a storm and the earth and air.

I look out through the windows of my eyes and know that I'm separate, but as energy I feel one beyond any perception of me.

It's not easy to explain, but those experiences that I attempt to explain (poorly maybe) are what I mean.
    Yes I do understand what you mean about dissolving of self and becoming that which is around you.

It is an interesting way of perceiving what belongs to self and what doesn't since it is common to suppose that our spirit lives on after death i.e. that was once connected to this body....

Is your belief that, after death, nothing of our energy remains but we become part of the larger picture/one consciousness?  If so, I guess you don't believe in reincarnation then?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am