Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Squatchit
sparkly
Aliunas
Lovinthejourney
nova_spirit
1antique
Soaring Bird
Violet
12 posters

What do you use your pendulum for?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What do you use your pendulum for? Empty What do you use your pendulum for?

Post  Violet Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:55 am

Do you use it to ask it questions, or to communicate with spirit, to find things like lost items or even people?
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

What do you use your pendulum for? Empty Sometimes

Post  Soaring Bird Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:59 am

I ask questions when I feel I need some guidance or confirmation on a decision Im making. Then, on the odd occasion I have used it when spirit has come to me for quicker communication as I cant hear spirit.
    Hugs x What do you use your pendulum for? 531481
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

What do you use your pendulum for? Empty Re: What do you use your pendulum for?

Post  1antique Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:47 am

Up until recently, I used my pendulum to ask questions. But, since spirit doesn't seem to want to co-operate for some reason, it is resting in a drawer in the living room.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

What do you use your pendulum for? Empty Sometimes

Post  Soaring Bird Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am

Oh dear!! I dont use mines often but I always have it on my Alter ready.
    Hugs What do you use your pendulum for? 531481
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:25 am

1antique wrote:Up until recently, I used my pendulum to ask questions. But, since spirit doesn't seem to want to co-operate for some reason, it is resting in a drawer in the living room.

Have you tried cleansing it?
    nova_spirit
    nova_spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  nova_spirit Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

I have used the Pendulum for a variety of reasons.

The first time I was ever introduced to a pendulum was when one of my friends showed me how to use a pendulum to show how many children I had in my future and what gender they would be. So far, it is not wrong! Nor has it been wrong to anyone one I have tried it on.

After learning to use the pendulum I have used it to help answer questions that have been on my mind at that time. Now I use it to help confirm I'm in contact and hearing what is coming to me.

I have learned that I cannot use the pendulum in trying to predict things. Because for me, when I try to play games like choosing a color of card or suite of card it just refuses to answer. I have used it to try and help others find objects or myself but I'm not very good at asking specific questions apparently. I can ask, is it in a closet? It could say yes, but then I wasn't specific as to which closet! Or even if its a closet in my own house! Oh well.. practice makes perfect What do you use your pendulum for? 28115
    Lovinthejourney
    Lovinthejourney

Female
    Number of posts : 63

Post  Lovinthejourney Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 pm

I find my pendulum very useful! I ask a wide variety of questions for myself and for others. Plus it's great for finding lost items around the house. (my husband likes to misplace things)
    Aliunas
    Aliunas

Female
    Number of posts : 34

Post  Aliunas Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Yes, I use a pendulum for finding things as well.

But I also use it to discern truth, such as information I am reading online about spiritual things or if someone claims something and I can't discern it's truth or not.
    nova_spirit
    nova_spirit

Female

Post  nova_spirit Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Aliunas wrote:Yes, I use a pendulum for finding things as well.

But I also use it to discern truth, such as information I am reading online about spiritual things or if someone claims something and I can't discern it's truth or not.

I have done this as well! What do you use your pendulum for? 28115
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 pm

so can a pendulum be any weighted string? if you use it to discern truth, what is your control? wouldn't you be discerning whether you feel you can trust, say, me? :hugz:
    nova_spirit
    nova_spirit

Female

Post  nova_spirit Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm

So if you are desperate for answers you can use a paperclip on the end of a string. Seriously!

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. Is it how can you tell if its telling the truth? Well.. for me, I ask control questions to make sure I'm 'plugged in' so to say into the universal conscience. Control questions are questions you know the answers to. You can always ask a control question at any time during the session of using a pendulum. Although a few times, I have asked questions where the answer just seemed to far out there where I end up asking, "Is this just my vivid imagination?" or "Am I making this up?" If I'm clearly connected, the answer is "no" not my imagination. Sometimes is a matter of trust.

If I'm pretty even headed and not filled with anxiety or wanting certain answers, then the answers are usually always correct. There have been a few times where my emotions interfere and I get an incorrect answer.

When you are feeling like this ---> What do you use your pendulum for? 671114 Probably not a good time to be asking questions to the pendulum What do you use your pendulum for? 28115

Last edited by nova_spirit on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell to save my life sometimes!)
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 pm

hi nova, my point is that will you not be getting an answer to how you feel[b]about me, say, rather than how i am? :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
    Squatchit
    Squatchit

Female
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time

Post  Squatchit Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 am

sparkly wrote:hi nova, my point is that will you not be getting an answer to how you feel[b]about me, say, rather than how i am?

Hiya sparkly What do you use your pendulum for? 348985

This is how I understand the pendulum to work. It's your subconscious that gives you the answer. Therefore, it will always answer correctly those questions you know the answers to. Because it's actually you doing the answering. What do you use your pendulum for? 28115

So if I ask it if you are a genuine person, the answer is based on how I perceive you, rather than the truth.

What has been puzzling me just these last few days is why those who believe they are connecting to spirit or some divine pool of knowledge still use the pendulum by holding onto it. Why not remove any potential personal obstacle/filter by placing a pencil or ruler onto a table with most of it hanging off. Balance it vertically with a heavy object. Then dangle the pendulum onto the pencil. Wait until it is still, and then ask questions.

Doesn't that make more sense?

If anyone who does use it for spirit communication/divine knowledge, maybe you could share why you hold it (if indeed you do) - is there a reason it needs physical contact?

Love Squatch
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 am

thanks very much for all your insights squatch!

i think i will take your advice! and give it a go! yes, there was some stuff on sf about pendulums and lizzies and different people with different finding and i figured since it is a yes /no thing, one of them is wrong!!!! :hugz: :urwelcome: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles: :peace: :peace: :peace:

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
    nova_spirit
    nova_spirit

Female

Post  nova_spirit Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I have actually tried to use the pendulum without touching it and just dangling. Doesn't work for me. Just sits there and unless I have some telekinetic ability, I'm sorely lacking in skill.

I'm not sure I can say that the pendulum always answers what I want to hear or know. Sometimes I ask wanting a certain answer and it answers the opposite way. I can be disappointed with the answers most definitely, but often the answer the pendulum gives is the right answer. And how can I have any opinion when I do session with the pendulum for someone I don't know? I don't have a developed opinion of them and usually they are pretty astounded at how accurate it is. Especially if they give me a control question like if they have any kids or not and I have no idea and the pendulum can accurately tell them, how many and what their genders are.

So if the pendulum is giving the answers from your own subconscious how is it, it can answer questions for other people I don't know?
    Aliunas
    Aliunas

Female
    Number of posts : 34

Post  Aliunas Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 pm

The subconscious theory makes a lot of sense. I find my arm to twitch when using a pendulum, and makes the pendulum give me an answer. I would not doubt this is the revealing of an answer that was already bouncing around in your head. Come to think of it I only use a pendulum for reassurance on things, and the subconscious mind probably isn't as dull witted as our surface one. What do you use your pendulum for? 768708 BUT we could receive messages through our subconscious mind through spirit. So I honestly don't know.

But I also think holding a pendulum gives us connection to spirit which is important. All though everything is connected, most definitely- I suppose we are more susceptible to receiving the messages... Or something xD
    Squatchit
    Squatchit

Female
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time

Post  Squatchit Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

nova_spirit wrote:I have actually tried to use the pendulum without touching it and just dangling. Doesn't work for me. Just sits there

Hiya nova and all

That's actually what I thought would happen, based on my beliefs and expectations of the pendulum.

As for not answering what you want to hear, we often *know* what's good for us even if we don't acknowledge it. What do you use your pendulum for? 28115

nova wrote:And how can I have any opinion when I do session with the pendulum for someone I don't know?

This is why I am questioning my belief. How can this be?

Perhaps when tuning into the 'great pool of knowledge', we need to be "connected" more than purely our minds. Our minds often deceive us and so we need other senses to comfort and satisfy us?

Although I'm more open than ever, I'm still very dubious as to why the pendulum doesn't move without our physical touch. I still think we play a huge part in it - too much for my liking.

Love Squatch
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:22 pm

thanks nova, i will try it squatch's way and your way! why not ! eh?

:ghug: :hugz: :ghug: :ghug: :hugz: :ghug: :ghug: :hugz: :ghug: :ghug: :hugz: :ghug:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:38 am

I hadn't thought of using it without touching it, i'll give that a whirl sometime.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 am

Ive not tried that either. That will be interesting!
    Big Hugs
    Soaring Bird What do you use your pendulum for? 531481
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Emma
    Emma

Female
    Number of posts : 83
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post  Emma Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 pm

I use my pendulum for yes and no questions and answers but what a friend taught me is get some paper, put yes to the bottom and top, no to the right and left and in a circle write the alphabet and this way when spirit comes through the pendulum they can swing to a specific letter and spell out words.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Emma wrote:I use my pendulum for yes and no questions and answers but what a friend taught me is get some paper, put yes to the bottom and top, no to the right and left and in a circle write the alphabet and this way when spirit comes through the pendulum they can swing to a specific letter and spell out words.

In this thread
    https://spiritualinspiration.forumotion.net/divination-discussions-f69/are-ouija-boards-bad-evil-t2294.htm

Post number 5 I make mention of doing such a thing as normally pendulums are very limited in the questions you can ask. Being just yes, no, or maybe, and indifferent.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 am

Hello

HMMMM more like what DID I use mine for. I recently found it in a box of long forgotten goodies I have. Go back to me teen and early post teen year. NOT used in any a possitive way but kept as a memory that I never want to see that place again. I knew that I kept if all but til I moved into this house I be in now did I have the courage to know I could open the box.

I know that it was me that made the "tools" there work in the negative vibrations but I be wary on using them now for good. Might just dig a nice hole in the back yard and seal it for the future. Bless it with Light and say bye to it.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:04 am

I use my pendulum for yes and no questions and answers but what a friend taught me is get some paper, put yes to the bottom and top, no to the right and left and in a circle write the alphabet and this way when spirit comes through the pendulum they can swing to a specific letter and spell out words.

Isn't this basically a homemade ouija board, many who don't like ouija boards use this method with a pendulum imo there's little difference. What do you use your pendulum for? 15910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:03 am