Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

were going to hit the moon tomorrow...on purpose

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

were going to hit the moon tomorrow...on purpose Empty were going to hit the moon tomorrow...on purpose

Post  Carolyn Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 pm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091008-nasa-moon-bombing-lcross-water-crash.html

Evidently NASA is trying to find ways to save money for future lunar settlement, by finding a water source on the moon. water could be used for drinking, also to make breathable air, and for hydrogen to fuel spaceships, and using a lunar resource would be much cheaper than transporting water from Earth to the moon. The website below is the place to watch it if you dont have a good telescope handy or you cannot get to an observatory in time to see it. It will be at 7:30 am ET, 6:30 am CT, 5:30 am MT, 4:30 am PT.

NASA WebTV
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

were going to hit the moon tomorrow...on purpose Empty Re: were going to hit the moon tomorrow...on purpose

Post  Violet Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks for posting this czardoust :love:
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

were going to hit the moon tomorrow...on purpose Empty Re: were going to hit the moon tomorrow...on purpose

Post  innerlight Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 am

I guess using up all the resources on one planet wasn't enough. Man wants to expand, and see how much more they can destroy in the process.

I wonder who the genius was? I got it. We can crash into the moon. That's just brilliant, let's go ahead an do it.

Let alone the millions of dollars it will cost to do this project.

Mankind.. What does it think some days?
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.

Post  Carolyn Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 am

what bothers me is what it will do to Earth. Our tides depend on the moons gravity pulling against Earths own gravity. If that is pushed out of kilter even 1x 10 -8 percent, it will affect how high our tides grow, among other things.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female

Post  Carolyn Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:09 pm

I couldn't go to sleep last night. Stayed up. You know how you get a burst of energy when things are about to change? Nothing drastic, just a gentle nudge... I went outside at about 2 am because I thought I was going to go to sleep soon after. And said good night to the moon. I told it that it was so beautiful. That I was sorry for what we were going to do to it in a few hours. "We are going to change you." I said sadly. And then I was given a picture of me being a much older woman, maybe 30 years from now, looking up at the moon at the lunar settlement. So I kind of understood that what we were about to do in a few minutes (its 6:03 now) would not be the worst scar... I locked the moon into my memory and blew it a kiss. I wonder...if in 1969, this is how some people felt before we landed there the first time and left our footprints.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 am

czardoust wrote:what bothers me is what it will do to Earth. Our tides depend on the moons gravity pulling against Earths own gravity. If that is pushed out of kilter even 1x 10 -8 percent, it will affect how high our tides grow, among other things.

That side of things never even crossed my mind :eek: that's quite scary
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:02 am

I wonder...if in 1969, this is how some people felt before we landed there the first time and left our footprints.

It really makes you wonder doesn't it, I bet many of them were really scared
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 am

Who are we to say that we can use the moon for our scientific pursuits? The moon is not ours, just like the earth is not ours.

Our greed for power, and control, never seems to stop.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 am