Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Knight of Albion
SpiritVoices
skye
ZombieChaser
kazandlee
mia
innerlight
Violet
12 posters

Does Dying Hurt?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Does Dying Hurt? Empty Does Dying Hurt?

Post  Violet Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:31 pm

I've heard that actual death is painless regardless of your physical condition, even if you are in great pain at the point of death the act of dying does not hurt. What are your thoughts on this?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Does Dying Hurt? Empty Re: Does Dying Hurt?

Post  innerlight Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:33 pm

The act of death itself.. Crossing over. Or the way the person dies?

I would say it depends on how you died, but the death itself, you crossing into spirit would probably not hurt.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:38 pm

The act of death itself.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:35 am

No death does not hurt.
    I have been thinking about death a lot lately.
    I know prior to death one becomes calm, death doesn't come suddenly, one is dying, inbetween worlds for hours, sometimes days.
    So one gets used to it.
    Those who pass over suddenly, unexpectedly, need counselling on the other side.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 am

Yes it must be quite a shock to be here one minute and there the next.
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Does Dying Hurt? Empty Death

Post  kazandlee Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:42 am

I Suppose Violet that thats the only way it can be put, one minute were here, the next were not, then we go home.

Lee

www.eastridingparanormal.com

Violet wrote:Yes it must be quite a shock to be here one minute and there the next.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:53 am

Violet wrote:The act of death itself.

Physically, I would say no. As a spirit you wouldn't feel pain as you would in a normal life. Mentally, I'm sure it could be possible to have trauma. I suppose it's a matter of how fast, or soon you died. If you weren't prepared for it. It could be traumatic, and you try and come to terms with it. Let alone realizing you are leaving behind family/friends for a brief amount of time.

Last edited by innerlight on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post  ZombieChaser Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:24 pm

innerlight wrote:
    Violet wrote:The act of death itself.

Physically, I would say now. As a spirit you wouldn't feel pain as you would in a normal life. Mentally, I'm sure it could be possible to have trauma. I suppose it's a matter of how fast, or soon you died. If you weren't prepared for it. It could be traumatic, and you try and come to terms with it. Let alone realizing you are leaving behind family/friends for a brief amount of time.

It's been shown that the brain goes through a shutdown process more or less. It prepares you for the certain finality death itself. Even though the human mind can comprehend the thought of death itself it's a tough act to accept and even though we know it's a natural process it's not acceptable to us. Is there pain? Hard to say. Pain if any may last as long as the brain and nervous system continue to function after death itself who knows? The hearing will last for about an hour and a half and is the last sense to go. We essentially die from biological changes over time the fancy medical term is "Senescence".... Wiki puts it this way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senescence
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:50 am

Thanks ZombieChaser i'll read that fully later.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu May 08, 2014 1:02 am

Violet wrote:I've heard that actual death is painless regardless of your physical condition, even if you are in great pain at the point of death the act of dying does not hurt.  What are your thoughts on this?
    I was reading some literature the other week, I can't recall what it was. - Don't you just hate it when that happens.

It was about a grieving family. They couldn't reach a place of peace and their thoughts were adding to their grief. 
    They assumed their son - if memory serves me right - suffered before he passed. Apparently he died when his vehicle crashed and it exploded in to flames. They were informed either by himself or by spirit, that he was taken to the world of spirit, before the flames actually reached his body.

Having heard this for themselves, their grief lessened or stopped completely.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu May 08, 2014 6:55 am

Yes,I read the same as that,Skye. I did have some information very close your post that pain departs on the spirit leaving the body.

There is no wrenching of the spirit as it departs.
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 am

I always remember this beautiful quote, which aroused my interest in NDEs and life after death (I was only a very young man back then and death seemed so distant at that time I had never given it serious contemplation) ...

'Many of the patients have spoken of the peace they experienced; beautiful, indescribable peace - no pain, no anxiety. They tell us that all that matters is how much you have loved, how much you have cared and if you know these things then you cannot possibly be afraid of death'
    - Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.

The theme of peace and serenity is commomplace in NDEs.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 am

No death does not hurt.i have seen people be in awful pain only for that pain to go before they pass over,

Namaste
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu May 08, 2014 10:58 am

Joan and Native Spirit, I can only hope that people who may have concerns as to whether or not their loved ones continue to suffer pain after their deaths, find some encouragement in hearing that all pain and physical limitations die along with the physical body.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 am

Knight of Albion wrote:I always remember this beautiful quote, which aroused my interest in NDEs and life after death (I was only a very young man back then and death seemed so distant at that time I had never given it serious contemplation) ...

'Many of the patients have spoken of the peace they experienced; beautiful, indescribable peace - no pain, no anxiety. They tell us that all that matters is how much you have loved, how much you have cared and if you know these things then you cannot possibly be afraid of death'

I rarely tire of reading quotes like this, Knight of Albion, they are so inspirational for me. They seem to touch the very core of my being and as silly as this may sound, I feel somewhat home sick, but in a good way. One can only imagine, if people feel like this after experiencing an NDE, how wonderful it must be for those people who cross over into the afterlife.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu May 08, 2014 11:55 am

Knight of Albion wrote:I always remember this beautiful quote, which aroused my interest in NDEs and life after death (I was only a very young man back then and death seemed so distant at that time I had never given it serious contemplation) ...

Beautiful way of explaining death. I like it.......
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu May 08, 2014 12:06 pm

As I grow older this is the kind of subject I worry about....
    We start pondering on the facts of death. What happens and what is the process like?
    Like we all say.....'I wonder what physical death is like'.

My one memory is going to see my husband after being informed by the hospital that he had passed over at around 8am that morning.
    His bed had been curtained off but he lay there looking so peaceful....
    No pain shown on his face. All tubes had been removed,his hands were lying peacefully on the bed,just as if he was asleep.
    His legs were straight not thrashing about....

The doctor told me later that he had been joking with him and nursing staff. I know he was given an injection to help the pain but according to the doctor there was more to it than that....
    I have no fear now....

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 am

Hi Joanie is this the spiritualist husband? When you believe as we do death can become a little less fearful in fact i'm sure many embrace it once they know it is imminent and i'm quite sure people are prepared whether they realise it or not, from what I understand few people thrash about the body goes through several stages (unless you die suddenly) and for most its an easing out rather than something horrific.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat May 10, 2014 11:50 am

Violet wrote:Hi Joanie is this the spiritualist husband? When you believe as we do death can become a little less fearful in fact i'm sure many embrace it once they know it is imminent and i'm quite sure people are prepared whether they realise it or not, from what I understand few people thrash about the body goes through several stages (unless you die suddenly) and for most its an easing out rather than something horrific.

Yes,it is Violet. He always said he had no fear of death....just the pain that may go with it....
    This is what made me think when the doctor in the hospital said 'he was in pain but he never stopped joking with us'...I feel that Ken knew he was not going to recover from this episode of illness and finally let go.....

xxx
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Joanie is this the spiritualist husband? When you believe as we do death can become a little less fearful in fact i'm sure many embrace it once they know it is imminent and i'm quite sure people are prepared whether they realise it or not, from what I understand few people thrash about the body goes through several stages (unless you die suddenly) and for most its an easing out rather than something horrific.

I keep chickens and when they are about to die they really thrash about, it's how I know I have lost the fight for them. Some of my chucks are very old now, they stopped laying many years ago, my oldest chuck was 13 when she died in my arms, she was so weak and very quiet then thrash flap flap, it seems to be their way of fighting to stay alive and I calmed her by stroking her wings and said it was ok to go. I am glad that humans are not like that, the two people I have seen die both just seemed to deflate their lungs with one last exhalation and that was it, the end, nothing more.

I find myself wondering more about death and I think it is the pain of living that I fear the most, death will be either nothing more or something wonderful and as I am facing it more each day I do keep dwelling on those two extremes.
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:49 pm

'When I come to your world I am like a bird that is imprisoned within a cage and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space.
    What you call death is the opening of the cage and the release of the bird from its prison'

- Silver Birch
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:16 pm

Knight of Albion wrote:'When I come to your world I am like a bird that is imprisoned within a cage and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space.
    What you call death is the opening of the cage and the release of the bird from its prison'

- Silver Birch
    Silver Birch!    Apt description of freedom.
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:33 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Knight of Albion wrote:'When I come to your world I am like a bird that is imprisoned within a cage and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space.

- Silver Birch

I am not so sure, I studied Silver Birch in fact my mother linked in with him. I think that freedom can mean many things, a bird reared in captivity, in a beautiful cage with lots of room and toys and variety of foods is safer than out in the wild flying free, and knows no difference and may even fear being outside. It is all about experience, knowledge and upbringing. I am no NA so I do not find the teaching of SB that impressive, being a devout Christian I have different ideals, but I know many do follow him and it seems this forum does. But the sprituality of modern life means that a lot of those diatribes no longer have meaning. Moving with the times means that we learn differently and need to, to survive, rather then dwelling on what may have been wisdom but might have been faked.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:

- Silver Birch

I am not so sure, I studied Silver Birch in fact my mother linked in with him. I think that freedom can mean many things, a bird reared in captivity, in a beautiful cage with lots of room and toys and variety of foods is safer than out in the wild flying free, and knows no difference and may even fear being outside. It is all about experience, knowledge and upbringing. I am no NA so I do not find the teaching of SB that impressive, being a devout Christian I have different ideals, but I know many do follow him and it seems this forum does. But the sprituality of modern life means that a lot of those diatribes no longer have meaning. Moving with the times means that we learn differently and need to, to survive, rather then dwelling on what may have been wisdom but might have been faked.
    No one has ever linked in with Silver Birch except a medium of highest regard.
    Silver Birch stated that he would never have contact with any other medium and never has!
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:56 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:

- Silver Birch

No one has ever linked in with Silver Birch except a medium of highest regard.
    Silver Birch stated that he would never have contact with any other medium and never has!
    Agreed!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am