Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
shayn
kazandlee
radiclol
Violet
8 posters

Healthy hair?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Healthy hair? Empty Healthy hair?

Post  Violet Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:35 am

I try to take care of my hair and don't use hair dryers straighteners or anything like that, I do dye it but not very often, it's very fine I was wondering if there was anything herbal I could take to keep it in good condition from the inside rather than from the outside (I use a good shampoo & conditioner but not daily,) thanks Healthy hair? 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Healthy hair? Empty Re: Healthy hair?

Post  radiclol Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:51 pm

hair is a weird obsession of mine, i take biotin daily along with a hair multivitamin and my normal multivitamin (overload?), i agree using heat is really damaging if you abuse it, but it's also good.

if you have a blow drier then once a week you should definitely deep condition it, if you can't be bothered to pay for them mix an egg and olive oil and apply it to your hair, then put a warm towel on your head/plastic cap, then it'll penetrate your hair.

other things for thin hair are erm.. vitamin e, nettle

by the way i'd suggest checking your shampoo for 'sodium [l] sulphate' as it's been proven that can cause thinning hair in women.
    x
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Healthy hair? Empty Hair

Post  kazandlee Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:03 pm

Well, All i know about hair, is, its expensive to maintain, well, my Wifes is, lol.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:45 am

Thanks guys Healthy hair? 809779 Healthy hair? 21581

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:09 pm

funny as it may sounds, good nutrition makes good hair. the hair is very often a mirror of the over all condition of the body. 
    wyldeflower
    wyldeflower

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Job/hobbies : photography,gardening,herbs
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post  wyldeflower Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Nettles are the answer they are fab for the hair sometimes you can buy nettle shampoo if you look around or drink nettles as tea and make a infusion for hair.
    Eating nettles or drinking the tea makes your hair brighter, thicker and shinier, and makes your skin clearer and healthierógood for eczema and other skin conditions. Commercial hair- and skin care products in health food stores often list stinging nettle as an ingredient. Nettles have cleansing and antiseptic properties, so the tea is also good in facial steams and rinses.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks Wyldeflower we have some nettle tea in i'll try that :flo:

radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm

i agree with the nettle post! my shampoo has nettle in it as it stumulates blood flow or something so the nutrients get to the hair follicles.
    soulstories
    soulstories

Female
    Number of posts : 19
    Job/hobbies : Reflexologist, Foot Reader, Divination Junkie
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post  soulstories Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 am

Violet,
    I use a lot of essential oils and natural products on my hair and skin care and I agree with the suggestions of the other posters (olive oil, vit. e and nettle are great!). Here are two books I really like that have terrific natural recipes for hair and skin care: Rosemary Gladstar's Herbs for Natural Beauty and Beautiful Face, Beautiful Body by Jaqulene Harper-Roth.
    ~soulstories~
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 am

Thanks for that soulstories Healthy hair? 821538

Lovinthejourney
    Lovinthejourney

Female
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lovinthejourney Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

I started using a natural peppermint shampoo from Origins about 6 months ago. It didn't take long for me to realize that it almost COMPLETELY stopped my hair loss. Amazing product!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks for all your hints and tips it's appreciated and I will be trying them Healthy hair? 21581

Gr33nLuv
    Gr33nLuv

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Gr33nLuv Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:02 pm

I always forget, I DO need a list & labels as to why I have what I do have.

I know in another post you mention, you don't particularly like Lavendar, it can be good for stimulation to the hair follicles along with peppermint oil.

A lot of people claim to different types of oils for the hair as well. Such as olive oil, coconut oil, & many other types of oils. I like grape seed oil. I put it on my ends. & Also use rose oil.

I like Aloe Gel, either applying it in the shower, & let it sit for a minute or two. Or apply it to wet hair, & place a cap (shower or plastic bag) for a half an hour. & rinse out.

Mayo, raw eggs, or really well blended avocado, with the cap as well. I used to use mayo, with a plastic bag, & add heat, & than wash it out when I had platinum blonde hair. Helped with the strength, often making it super shiny.

He shu wo is said to help keep the hair color longer, as the Chinese use this. It is also good for joints. I buy it in it's whole dried form, & powder it, & use it in smoothies & such.

You might also try bone broth. I also find green juices to help my hair health too.

Getting enough protein in one's diet, minerals, & fat, can really help the hair stay stronger, shinier, thicker, & drinking water daily.  I used to eat a raw vegan diet, & although my hair grew like a weed, it stayed very thin, as I got only 20-50g of protein/day yet ate a ton of calories. Very little to no fat, & pretty null on minerals. People on a HCLF (high carb low fat) say that if you get enough calories, but not a good balance of your macro's - everything will work itself out. Well, maybe for a gifted few.  I do like to get at least 100grams of protein/day & I find it really helps me. I know everyone is different. & lots of vegetables!

For a good 6.5 years I used only water & other natural means on my hair, when washing, but have moved back into shampoo's again, & am experimenting with more so natural products. The water is very drying here. Vinegar, I still like to use as a good conditioner.

Oh also, okra is really nice too. I boil them, until it turns into a syrupy mess, & than strain it, & place into my hair, letting it sit for 20 mins or more, & than wash it out. Makes it super soft, & supple. If you don't like the smell of okra, just put in a couple drops of your favorite oil.

Using cold water after your shower, also helps close the pores of the shaft in your hair, helping with stronger, shinier locks as well.

If you're not getting enough Vitamin D, that can also help. I find it helps regrow my eyebrows in about 3 weeks time. Hence why some say cod liver oil. I've been trying a Vegan vitamin D, but for myself it does not seem to be having the same effect as the D3 oil (which is from sheep's skin) yug. but it works.

Some people also claim that organ meats are very beneficial to stronger, fast growing, thicker supple locks. Such as grain, hormone free Liver.

Sorry! for such long posts. I just really love natural means, & because I did sooo much damage over the years to my hair, well, hair has been an interest of mine since I was a kid!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 am