Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Earthealer
Carolyn
Freak
innerlight
Soaring Bird
radiclol
skydivine
Violet
12 posters

Why Native American Indians?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Why Native American Indians? Empty Why Native American Indians?

Post  Violet Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Why do you think so many people have or believe they have Native American Indians as spirit guides? Do you think it is because they are very spiritual people anyway (the Indians I mean there)?

Someone once said to me that they believed that our spirit guides appear to us in the way we would 'like' them to, to me this suggests that our 'type' of guide may depend on our personality, or does it just mean they come in the way we 'choose' to appear more approachable/believable or acceptable to us, would we not be interested in having a roadsweeper as a guide? They maybe exceptionally spiritual (a roadsweeper) but to some perhaps this wouldn't appear 'glamorous' enough what are your thoughts on this?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skydivine
    skydivine

Female
    Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2009-02-22

Why Native American Indians? Empty Re: Why Native American Indians?

Post  skydivine Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:25 am

Hi Violet :love:
    I think that many people feel this way because The Native Americans have long known and honoured many of The Fundamental Truths of our collective existence. These Native Truths are steadily being re-discovered by many individuals through various forms of information available today. Alot of the spiritual books in our time include the same Truthful messages that The Native Peoples have passed down from generation to generation.

Native cultures are based on mutual respect, understanding and compassion, and a reverent love for Planet Earth. I'm not surprised at all that many people feel that their 'guide' is of Native origin. The Native Truths dwell deeply in the hearts of us all. I do feel that The Native Peoples remain very active in reminding us of this, and regularly share their guidance with us from the other side.

Hugs for you xo....

Wind of Grace :peace:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 pm

A great post Wind of grace :grin: that makes a lot of sense

radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 am

can anyone relate to this, i've read readings for other people online and it seems as if every person giving the reading tells the person they have a 'red indian' guide and it kind of puts me off.. like there are millions of people that have died why would they just be native americans?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:20 am

Hi radiclol
    I know what you mean, and the number of people who have 'Chief Sitting Bull' (for example) as their guide is phenomenal, he must be one busy spirit :grin: But I can understand why many have guides who appear as indians, perhaps people are more comfortable with the thought of an indian for the reasons Wind Of Grace mentioned, perhaps some won't accept anything other than an indian

Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Why Native American Indians? Empty Spirit Guides

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:28 am

Hi All,
    I believe we all have many various guides who come and go as required. Not requested but required. For example one of my guides is\was Thundercloud, he came into my life when I needed a lot of strength in different ways. He tends to be the strong one of my guides. There is one who is not of human form at all but he? seems to be very meek, wise and full of understanding. Maybe he is the compassionate one. There was one other, I believe, at my time of opening as described on the site (My Diary) he was a fisherman, but he was the one that in a friendly but gruff manner invited me to fly. After opening he was gone, and so were the reoccurring dreams.
    As for why Native American Indians, if our subconscious chooses our spiritual guides then Wind Of Grace may be correct. She is certainly right about the Native Truths and the Native Ways. But, Do we choose our Guides?
    Yeah, why not binmen for guides, I have googled and read Books looking for not so much my guide Thundercloud but myself, Soaring Bird. And although I have from meditations etc gathered various information regards sites, locations etc that I had never even heard of or knew they existed but manged to confirm through Google and Books I have never found myself. Does this mean I did not exist. Not at all but it does mean that I was of no historic importance, similar to a binman of today.
    Bearing in mind what Wind of Change said also, maybe there is some kind of link, as in my view The Native American Indian way of life was more natural and peaceful before the wars.So is this why so many people relate to thier guides from then. I mean nobody yet that I know of has told me they have Hitler, Stalin or any other unsavioury character as a Guide. Wow! This is one to think about.
    Its going to take a while.
    Big Hugs xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:31 am

Another great post i'm following this one closely :asmile:

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817

Post  innerlight Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:16 am

Soaring Bird wrote: I mean nobody yet that I know of has told me they have Hitler, Stalin or any other unsavioury character as a Guide. Wow! This is one to think about.
    Its going to take a while.
    Big Hugs xx

The problem with openly admitting something like that would be that they would be condemned pretty much on the spot. And many would judge, and think that person was up to no good. Unsavory characters could be good guides. After all we can't learn about the wholeness that is good if we don't embrace the bad. However to fully embrace the bad it takes a person of pure spirit, and uncompromising love. Without that the bad would more than likely corrupt the individual, and send them spiraling out of control unable to rebound back.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi innerlight, good to hear from you again,
    Yeah your right, if someone did say Hitler was thier Guide they would be condemmed right away,so, maybe there is people out there with unsavioury characters but like you said, they maybe dont openly admit it through fear.
    Spiritually, and this could set a few people off, but spiritually what is bad? My beliefs are Assencion and experiencing many and all emotions on the way there through many lifetimes. This being the case means maybe before or maybe in a life to come then i have been or will be bad. Probably in Lifes gone past if you work on the thought that Assencion is a rising code as such.So somewhere before as a younger soul I have experienced the feeling of murder and the fear that comes with the aftermath.Morally that is bad but if this is one of the many steps to Assencion we have to take to get by. To grow as a soul. To wisdom and knowledge. Spiritually what is bad?
    I also agree with your comment, "to fully embrace the bad it takes a person of pure spirit, and uncompromising love." This again, for me, shows the different levels of Assencion we are all at. Some can forgive those who have murdered a relation whereas others cant forgive someone for name calling, and Im not just talking about kids. Adults too.
    Good Catching Up With You Again IL,
    Hugs Dude
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817

Post  innerlight Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi, SB, good to talk to you again. Hope you will be around more often now, and that things have calmed down for you.

I don't know how I feel about the ascension path, as it seems like a daunting process that may never see an end. I do agree with your thoughts on being one, and the other. If you murdered someone in one life you would then learn what it was like to be on the other side of the fence to fully experience the whole.
    Freak
    Freak

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am

Native American Spirituality is actually a form of Paganism, and from what I know is very popular. I think it's one of the few religions which has spiritual guides that aren't necessarily deities, much like Western African tradition. I actually bought a Beginner's Guide to Native American Spirituality that I haven't got round to reading yet but it does interest me.

The only reason I can guess why people always get told they have a Native American spiritual guide is because it's some sort of text book response for readers. I wouldn't place much stock in it personally. :scratch:
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I've noticed this too. I have read for people and given them a description of their guide and they would be confused and upset because they wanted to meet their "indian guide" when instead say, it was grandpa Jack or Mom. lol. On the other hand, my grandma was a red skinned indian lol.
    Earthealer
    Earthealer

Female
    Number of posts : 159
    Job/hobbies : unemployed, music, writing, reading, crystal collection, line dancing, singing
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post  Earthealer Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Not sure. I've always felt a connection to NA energies ever since I first picked up tarot, and that the stars too are connected to NA beliefs. So that kinda explains me as my spirit is able to communicate with star beings and energies. It is quite weird as my guide shows himself as native american but I think because it sits comfortably with me that I see him as such. think the form of spirit differs with the person though just my two cenths worth mind you :giggles:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 am

Septima wrote:Not sure. I've always felt a connection to NA energies ever since I first picked up tarot, and that the stars too are connected to NA beliefs. So that kinda explains me as my spirit is able to communicate with star beings and energies. It is quite weird as my guide shows himself as native american but I think because it sits comfortably with me that I see him as such. think the form of spirit differs with the person though just my two cenths worth mind you :giggles:

Spookily enough I was discussing this earlier today with someone, about the NA star thing. It's an interesting topic.

lilyangel
    lilyangel

Female
    Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-09-15

Post  lilyangel Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 pm

I have seen my native guide. He may be Canadian though. I asked a question one night while I was drifting off to sleep. I asked something regarding some medical test suggested for my son. I wasn't sure if doing it was a good idea. This native man, red skinned, wearing headress, knife on his waist said "No CT Scan!!!"He was very stern. He appeared in that dream/sleep state just before I drift off to sleep. His skin, his nose, all quite detailed.
    I think people tend to believe a Native more because they have a deeper connection to our planet. I would tend to believe a man dressed to honour the earth.
    By the way my youngest just came and asked me how to spell warrior......hmmmm
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi lilyangel, I seem to get stuff through just as i'm falling asleep too, did you get the answers you were looking for?

Funny how your son should just ask you that...

lilyangel
    lilyangel

Female

Post  lilyangel Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:20 am

My son did not get a CT scan. Honestly, it was a waste of time. You see he was vomiting at night, from newborn. He was terrified to be left alone in his room. I have been through 8 years of no sleep, nighttime vomit at least 3 times a week, he would have no recollection. I would shower him, clean up the puke, change bedsheets, and he would wonder why his bed and pyjamas were different in the morning. I went to so many doctors and they all found nothing wrong. I slept beside him. When he was 8 I smudged the house and his room especially. I told no one. That night he stopped vomiting. Then a few years later he started again. This time he was aware of his feelings and spoke about it. He told me someone did not want him in the room. He told me when I left the room, a presence would come in and try to scare him out. He said it paced up and down the hallway. He would end up crawling into bed with his little brother. Again his room epmty. I had our house blessed. He endured many invasive tests last year. All was clear, but he still feared something. The vomiting stopped again. Then one night his ceiling light caught fire, inside the ceiling. We blasted it with the extinguisher and ran out being chased by a toxic plume of smoke. The fire chief said it looked like it had smouldered and gone out at some time prior to the fire in the past. It took my son a few days before he realized maybe he was being warned all along, and all along he was afraid of this wiring that was going to burn. Had we been asleep, the roof would have collapsed and surely we would have burned alive. The toll these events have taken on me are undescribeable. I am tired, and always asking why?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:47 am

Ah I remember you posting about this a while ago, he sounds incredibly sensitive and it must have been so difficult living through all of that, i'm not surprised you're exhausted. Has it settled down?

lilyangel
    lilyangel

Female

Post  lilyangel Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 am

It has settled down. When I smudged, I realized I was dealing with something I knew nothing about. My online spiritual friends and strangers all helped and led me here too.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Smudging is good, i'm glad it's settled down.

dragonfly1
    dragonfly1

Female
    Number of posts : 20
    Job/hobbies : Expert at Leisure
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  dragonfly1 Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 am

Well I'm another one.... I had a scary dream and a knock came to my dream door I opened it and an Indian don't know what tribe stood there, he was naked all but for a leather lap across his groin, he had no hair on his body or head, he had an arrow bag on but no arrow, hew wasnt handsome and he had crooked teeth, he gave me some keys and said as he was walking away it will be interesting to see what happens and he smiled over his shoulder at me. I believed him to be one of my spirit guides, he was totally out of place in the dream i was having....and he wasn't the typical look of what you would expect a red indian to look like. Why Native American Indians? 371183 Why Native American Indians? 609912
    IsleWalker
    IsleWalker

Female
    Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-01-25

Why Native American Indians? Empty Welcome to the club!

Post  IsleWalker Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Dragonfly--

Welcome to the club--Now prepare to learn a lot more about Native American symbology than you knew before, and lots about animal totems, etc.

Crooked teeth and all, he's your guy! So--what are you going to do with those keys?
    dragonfly1
    dragonfly1

Female

Post  dragonfly1 Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:08 am

Hi Islewalker, I wish I knew what he meant, i'm assuming that it was to unlock something in my life.
    That was in 2004, and a lot has happened since then. But i'm not terribly good and unlocking the clues thrown my way, a bit of a slow learner unfortunately. Why Native American Indians? 635475 Why Native American Indians? 529620
    Time
    Time

Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Time Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm

I have a feeling that its becasue were on "their land". Natives, ( please dont say indians, some get REALLY offended, its like droppin the N---r bomb) were here 20 000 years before europeans ( aside from the flint people). There energies are probably here still. Not to mention the fact that there were 20 million of em on the continent before europeans showed up. And being that lots of us have native blood in us, even though we dont know, it makes sence as well.
    It might have something to do with all of the quartz in canada, and most of the states, quarts is an energy recorder.
    dragonfly1
    dragonfly1

Female

Post  dragonfly1 Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:18 am

Hey Time,
    I'm not in USA, so that idea doesn't work for mine, But it is a good theory non the less.
    Why Native American Indians? 21581

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 am