Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Golden Haloes

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Golden Haloes Empty Golden Haloes

Post  Violet Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 am

These are often seen around the heads (in old pictures) of religious figures, do you think these were actually a part of their aura or just added in to make them look more interesting or special.
    Have you ever seen a golden halo around someones head? And what would your interpretation of such a thing be whether you've seen one or not?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Golden Haloes Empty Re: Golden Haloes

Post  innerlight Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 am

I think those that have worked with energy, and auras have said that the halos were just the individuals aura. It's more interesting that those that knew nothing of auras or energy were able to supposedly capture such a phenomenon.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Violet wrote:These are often seen around the heads (in old pictures) of religious figures, do you think these were actually a part of their aura or just added in to make them look more interesting or special.
    Have you ever seen a golden halo around someones head? And what would your interpretation of such a thing be whether you've seen one or not?

I imagine the reason for halo's around religious figures is being purely symbolic to represent their alleged contact with the God power or force. It could be that when the halo's were painted, the intention was to show the 'church' as being the only ones whom could have contact with the divine source. People of the day, had no other choice but to believe this was indeed the case otherwise they would be classed as dammed.

I have seen a yellow/golden aura around some mediums when they have been demonstrating. This could be a combination of their own extended aura as well as the spiriitual energy of the spirit communicator.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 am

I thought about this some more and I wondered, because artists are usually very sensitive, they were actually seeing auras, though it makes sense that they were merely symbolic.

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:05 am

hi Violet
    i would go with skye on this one, as it is well known fact that middle ages painting is a symbolic one and actually each colour means something, sadly with age i keep forgetting such things, but i'm sure if you google around you will find it. there is very little if any random in middle ages paintings including the colours. yellow- golden halos meant to state the bond between the person in the photo and God. and very often the portrait is a fictional one and the artist never meat nor seen the real person. 
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Golden Haloes 21581 Thanks guys

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am