Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

sensitive

sprite

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

sensitive Empty sensitive

Post  sprite Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:37 am

Hi everyone. I have a question about sensitives and what are they
    really. How can one even know if they are themselves a sensor or
    sensitive?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

sensitive Empty Re: sensitive

Post  Violet Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:47 am

Mediums and empaths and such are often called sensitives, when used in this context I think it's just used as a collective word for people who are very in tune with their senses, rather than a person actually being a 'sensitive' that said though I think Empaths are actually referred to as 'sensitives'
    just my thoughts.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

I've taken this (below) from a thread I started elsewhere which attempted to define common forms of discernment - see what you think. The rest of the thread went on to define mediums and psychics...

"Sensitives"

A ‘sensitive’ is someone who is able to detect the presence of ‘unseen’ individuals in other dimensions of existence. The individuals detected may, or may not, have once lived on this earth. Sensitives may make contact with those they are detecting – speaking to and hearing - but if they don’t act as a ‘go-between’ they would not be termed mediums. Any guidance would be for the benefit of the sensitive."
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 am

Sensitive is a modern word for a medium and an empath. Although i'm not over keen on the word empath simply because some people may believe they possess special qualities that others don't, whereas I feel we all display empathy towards others on a daily basis.
    As for knowing if one has the ability to be a medium (sensitive) if we are wanting to help or serve others then there is no reason why we shouldn't investigate this further and see if we are interested enough to want to learn how to develop mediumship.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 am

skye wrote:Sensitive is a modern word for a medium and an empath. Although i'm not over keen on the word empath simply because some people may believe they possess special qualities that others don't, whereas I feel we all display empathy towards others on a daily basis.
    As for knowing if one has the ability to be a medium (sensitive) if we are wanting to help or serve others then there is no reason why we shouldn't investigate this further and see if we are interested enough to want to learn how to develop mediumship.

As I said earlier, a 'sensitive' may, or may not, also be a medium. First we'd need to define 'medium' though....and now 'empath' as well. But it's not helpful to define one in terms of the other - far better, I suggest, is to use stand-alone definitions.

I agree with your view of 'empath'. My feeling - and this may seem a tad harsh - is that some individuals are desperate to claim for themselves empathy as a special, personal, spiritual attribute. But this characteristics is to be found generally in 'normal', regular people....
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:10 pm

[quote="mac"]
    skye wrote:Sensitive is a modern word for a medium and an empath. Although i'm not over keen on the word empath simply because some people may believe they possess special qualities that others don't, whereas I feel we all display empathy towards others on a daily basis.
    To be honest mac, I don't think there's anything wrong with using the term 'medium' as imo it informs people that mediums act merely as an intermediary with discarnate beings and human beings. To differentiate 'medium' as being someone who works with psychic abilities only, 'spiritual medium' would probably be more helpful to those seeking a particular service.

I think the term 'sensitive' came about because mediums are known for being sensitive to the vibrations of the spirit world. Someone may have picked up on this and decided to call themselves a sensitive rather than a medium.

It doesn't bother me which term is used. What I feel is of more importance is the sensitive or medium should explain to the recipient before starting any sitting or reading what is expected to happen and how they work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:27 am