Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

that death smell

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

that death smell Empty that death smell

Post  Carolyn Sun May 30, 2010 12:55 am

Today I went to go visit my dying grandmother. She didn't wake up for me, and I didn't want to bother her while she slept because she is in so much pain at this point. But I did peek my head in her bedroom door to watch her breathe for a minute..... in doing so, I could barely breathe due to the smell in her room. I've smelt it before - when the father of a childhood friend died of lung cancer (grandma also has lung cancer, she is and always has been a non-smoker yet she is dying at 86 of lung cancer). I also smelt it when I was in the rescue squad, sometimes when we would go on calls at nursing homes to transport the dying to the hospital..... its in my nose forever. I told my daughter to remember the smell when she asked me about it today, asking what was that smell in grandmas room. Grandmas caretaker, my uncles wife, she doesn't seem to believe me when I say that grandma will "be going" in July. Its something that I know. Have known for about a year and a half, that she would go this summer. Its been hard seeing her progress from being fine back in winter of 2008, when I got the "knowing".... to this.....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

that death smell Empty Re: that death smell

Post  Violet Sun May 30, 2010 1:13 am

Hi Carolyn, sorry to hear your grandmother is so ill, please feel free to add her to our healing lists if you want to and if she's ok with it, as i'm sure it will ease her discomfort at least.
    I think a lot of illnesses probably have a distinctive smell, but the actual smell of death is unique imo.

Grandmas caretaker, my uncles wife, she doesn't seem to believe me when I say that grandma will "be going" in July. Its something that I know. Have known for about a year and a half, that she would go this summer.
    She may not want to accept/believe it.
    Its been hard seeing her progress from being fine back in winter of 2008, when I got the "knowing".... to this.....

It's always hard Carolyn that death smell 21581 our beliefs do help, but it doesn't stop it hurting.......pm me anytime if you want to talk, or talk to us in here, it can be difficult talking openly to family members when they are hurting too, my thoughts are with you allxxx

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.

Post  Carolyn Sun May 30, 2010 4:12 am

I would really like that for her, prayers for her pain and ease of passing. I made this a few months ago in preparation for what is to come.

that death smell Th_grammabetterversion
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sun May 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Hello

Me thoughts are with ye at this difficult time. One just has to remember that once passed all the pains and body sufferings too pass. One is whole again...and that loved one is never far from one's heart.

Foggy Day in the Country

Cottony rings surround the peaks,
    And misty scarves float over valleys-
    The clouds have descended from the sky
    Like angles from Heaven
    To hug the mountains with fairy arms
    I must remember; this beauty is always here,
    Even when I am far away in the city.

Joseph Emet

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun May 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Will do that for her Carolyn that death smell 46693 Unfortunately the video won't play for me it might be a glitch my end I will try again in a few minutes.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:42 am

Hi Carolyn, How is your grandmother? I managed to get in and see those photographs tonight, what a lovely thing to do for her and what a pretty lady!! that death smell 21581

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female

Post  Carolyn Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:20 pm

she hanging in there. That's all I can say.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:48 pm

And how are YOU Carolyn? that death smell 21581

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female

Post  Carolyn Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm ok. My kids are just wanting to see grandma (great grandma, but to them she is grandma). :) They are sadder than I am most days because shes the first relative of theirs to be going. Plus, grandma babysat for me until she was 80 yrs old that death smell 348985 so she helped raise them.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:21 pm

It's always hard for kids especially when their first loss is such a close one. Babysitting til she was 80! Wow! It's good though, because the kids will always remember her for that and the time they spent with her lots of memories for themthat death smell 21581

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Carolyn, how is your grandma that death smell 21581

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female

Post  Carolyn Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi Violet. Sorry I haven't been online much. I have been at Grandma's bedside and with my family, taking turns taking care of her in her home. She wants to die at home with no tubes. I want to thank everyone for their prayers for her smooth passage. She hasn't passed quite yet. She hasn't eaten in 10 days and hasn't had any water in 7 days, pretty much making up her own rules at this point because she isn't following the laws of physics or biology any more. She put out at least 1000 cc's of urine daily without water intake (we are thinking this may be her congestive heart failure and her body ridding itself of fluids). She has spoken a lot about her deceased husband, her mother, her father, the Light, and we have all asked her to go into the Light, to go with them to Heaven. We've told her thank you for raising us so well and that we love her and will not forget all the wonderful things she has done for us. Yet she hasn't let go yet. I don't know what she is waiting for. Only she does. that death smell 8224 Anyway, I will be spending the night at her house again, barring any sudden changes today (like she finally deciding its time to depart). Love, Carolyn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Carolyn, please don't worry or apologise for that that death smell 21581
    She must be incredibly strong your grandma, all that time without food and water, will keep up with the thoughts, I hope you are ok and it's good you've had this time to talk and thank her, take care of yourself too carolyn my thoughts are with you all. that death smell 577431

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm