Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
skye
Violet
6 posters

Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship? Empty Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship?

Post  Violet Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:37 am

Have you ever turned your back on it completely? If so what happened and what brought you back to it?

Perhaps you believe it is such a big part of who you are you couldn't give up even if you wanted to?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship? Empty Re: Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship?

Post  skye Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:58 am

The amount of times I have thought of giving up is beyond belief. Actually giving up is less frequent, infact I would say twice that I am aware of. It was so long ago that the cause was likely to have been through my own frustration combined with a lack of patience and understanding. I even vowed I would put it all behind me. I did for a time but it would seem spirit had other ideas. I suppose once the carrot is dangled in front of you it's hard to resist especially if you have already had a bite and enjoyed it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship? Empty Re: Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship?

Post  Violet Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm

was likely to have been through my own frustration combined with a lack of patience and understanding.

Got to admit this nearly caused me to give up too.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Hello

Well as a child and teen I would prey for it all to GO away from me. Having no base of understanding for it all. It never went it just grew stronger with me. Like it was meant to come forth. I understand that NOW I had a path to travel to get me where I am now. Without that I would not be me.

NOW yes there are times when I do say done but that feeling is fleeting. It comes from having a bad day is all or not sleeping much. Have I ever given it up.....no but I did for a time put it on the back burner so to speak when I had me kids. I lacked the time to work with it all. THUS I missed the issues with me elest Son. That he was seeing and hearing things for real.

I wonder if it is good to give it up ? We all have it just that some do not openly use it. Too can we GIVE it up totally....I wonder. I would not want to try to go there. I embrace whom I be now. Its a good balanced feeling.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:41 am

no but I did for a time put it on the back burner so to speak

I'm on the back burner just now with it all, it's really frustrating.

Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:45 pm

I never really started being one. I am not interested to talk to dead people. If someone asks me, where their past over friend, loved one is at this point, is s/he stuck, has s/he moved on, I have a look. Some times have worked with suicided people, but this is a different matter.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi Detlef,

surely that is mediumship? Have you ever 'given up' your mediumship? 229495

Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:11 am

Violet wrote:Hi Detlef,

surely that is mediumship?

A valid question, even so it was most likely meant in a rhetorical sense.
    I never connect with an entity in the non-physical earth realm; almost never. All my information I get comes from what I call my divine self.
    Even if I connect to an other entity, or being, I will do this via my divine self. With this I know I do not interfere, what I get is appropriate for me to know, and first and foremost, it keeps me save.
    When I work with suicided entities, I do this with the help of my friends. Anyone who has doubts whether angelic energy and/or entities exist, perhaps this is for you. There is nothing happening in this reality without the involvement of the angelic energy.
    If we decide we work with someone who suicided, in most cased it happens via projections, energy is gathered, in different forms, send out and my friends seam to form what ever is most affective. Getting reactions, recognition of some kind, and so on. Why do they need me?
    All in the name of non interference. First there has to be a request from someone close of the person, and the energy has to come from this reality.
    Not something I do all the time, since it is a lengthy process and strenuous.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 am

Interesting thread, Violet.

Too tell you the truth, About a year a ago I didn't know who I was, what I was doing etc. Until I came across mediumship, it felt right. I felt this is me. But the thing was, that it was so hard for me to do it. My ego still tells me "your hopeless give up" but the thing I do is, say to my ego. "you don't control me so take a sit down and don't speak unless its positive" I kinda sound crazy lol. Now because I've done that I've been able to carry on as usual. Besides the ego is one horrible voice.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:24 am

Auras wrote:Interesting thread, Violet.

Too tell you the truth, About a year a ago I didn't know who I was, what I was doing etc. Until I came across mediumship, it felt right. I felt this is me. But the thing was, that it was so hard for me to do it. My ego still tells me "your hopeless give up" but the thing I do is, say to my ego. "you don't control me so take a sit down and don't speak unless its positive" I kinda sound crazy lol. Now because I've done that I've been able to carry on as usual. Besides the ego is one horrible voice.
    Very positively said,Auras.     

I have tried several times to forget about the subject of Spiritualism after going through a 'nil' period of non hearing from the spirit world.
    Spirit decide otherwise and return to the fold....
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:52 am

Sometimes we need a break.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Hello

For some there is no "off" button if one is an Open Channel Medium its simply there, one can dull it with the drink but we well know that does other things to the body.  More its about finding that place of balance and of self acceptance and self confidence.  Its easy for others to beat one down for being different but when one can find one's firm footings in whom one is  then being open is not so bad.  We have to come to accept that we are all good and we are all bad on some levels of our beings. 

What I come to find does us the most harms is that we do not feel comfortable in our own skin, we feel like we need to molt or shed that part of us that others might see as being just a bit too out there.  Here is where the self confidence is so important as long as its not EGO driven. 

We control our abilities on the level that we do not have to let them rule us....but if Spirit wants attentions its attentions they will seek to find.   

Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:06 pm

I find that sometimes,Lynn.    The more I try to relax,the harder I find it.
    Unless I am settled with a book...I can lose myself in that.
    Or sometimes,I find myself nodding in the afternoon,then I hear them.

The weirdest message to ever come through was one afternoon.
    Short and sweet.    
    Perfectly relaxed, I heard a male voice say...'It is 3pm'!

I opened my eyes and looked at the clock.   As I watched...the pointer on the clock moved to 3pm.    
    I have never been able to understand the message they were giving me.

I feel spirit have such a sense of humour!

Thank you again,Lynn....
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Their is an on and off button for me, it take me like 2 seconds to turn it on or off really. Its knowing how to control your abilities. But when you're first starting to use your abilities you tend to notice that things start to happen when you're least expecting it, theirfore your channel is open, which it should be closed when you're not doing any spirit work.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:08 pm

I have times when I lose my interest in spiritualism.   Very much so,I am afraid to say.

When I lose my connection to them and hear nothing but silence when I 'speak' to them.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm