Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Preseli Bluestone

Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Preseli Bluestone Empty Preseli Bluestone

Post  Lightseeker Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:11 pm

An introduction to Preseli Bluestone.
    Preseli Bluestone BLUESTONE

Preseli Bluestone is a type of Dolerite found only in the Preseli Mountains of Pembrokeshire in Wales,Most come from a specific 3km slope on Carn Menyn, It is some 480 Million Years Old, It’s primary composition is that of Calcium Feldspar and Augite but also contains Pyrite and traces of Copper.

4500 years ago ,The Neolithic Peoples of what is now Britain transported 19 heavy pieces of Preseli Bluestone some 240 miles to the Wiltshire Salsbury Plain and if that feat was not in itself quiet awe inspiring a further 25 to 27 pieces were transported to the banks of the River Avon to the West of Stonehenge to form the recently discovered Bluestonehenge. The special significance of this particular type of stone to our Neolithic ancestors is now lost to us sadly.

Why go to the colossal effort and expense of moving four-tonne megaliths (240 miles) across land and sea from Preseli, a work of global engineering comparable only with the contemporary building of the Great Pyramid at Giza? And why then surround them so reverentially with 25-tonne sarsens?

A suggested answer is that the bluestone – dark blue when freshly cut and speckled with white Calcium Feldspar – was thought to have curative properties. In other words, Stonehenge may , amongst other things have been a “Lourdes” of these Isles.

Six years of excavation at Preseli have revealed settlements as old as 4000 years, before Stonehenge. Burials also suggest visitors from far afield. The hills are peppered with holy wells, most of them spilling over pieces of the dolerite bluestone placed at their mouths, some carrying carved decoration. The stone, unique to the Preseli area, was clearly special.

Holy wells and Springs have throughout history been regarded as curative, usually due to the Water containing trace elements of minerals such as chalk, sulphur or iron.

The many wells and Springs at Preseli appear to go back long before the bluestones arrived at Stonehenge. This suggests that the wells and their bluestones were already famed far and wide.

Some of the Enigma of Stonehenge begins to fall in place with this view. The crippled Amesbury archer and his son, who originated from the Alps and then Kent, perhaps in desperate search of a cure for the dental abscess and osteo arthritis he has now been shown to have suffered from.

Stonehenge’s reputation as a centre of healing must have been well known both locally and further afield, explaining to some degree it’s breath taking architecture,

Hence also the finds that were discovered from excavations two miles away at Durrington Walls. This revealed what was then a Neolithic City of some 300 houses,”the largest neolithic settlement in northern Europe”. Stonehenge was clearly a place of Pilgrimage comparable with Lourdes.

What it has yet to be solved conclusively is the most intriguing mystery of all. Why bring Stones all the way from South Wales ? The will to survive may be sufficient explanation for the appeal of the bluestones.

Medical science has found therapies in mud, herbs, roots, and vegetables. Is it possible there is something in Preseli Bluestone, when soaked in good clean water, that does indeed do you good? Certainly Springs were thought curative in as recent times as Victorian in the case of Buxton and most certainly with the Romans in the case of Bath.

When Preseli Bluestone is polished The grey inclusions of Calcium Feldspar along with the flecks of Pyrite are very similar in appearance to a clear Star Filled Night sky. This polished effect would be apparent to our ancestors when the stones were wet from rain.

The Bluestones formed a part of a Stone Circle of Larger Sarsen Sanstone Blocks, Once constructed the accoustics of this structure was excellent for conducting ritual sound, Most notably that of Drums, long since used in meditative and shamanic practices.

Preseli Bluestone contains a very powerful Earth Energy that has an anchoring effect on those who come into contact with it.

In more Modern times Preseli Bluestone has been used to induce states of deep calm.
    The properties associated with Preseli Bluestone are as follows;

Metaphysical attributes;

A deep connection with the distant past. Enhancement of Shamanic Journeying and Meditation when accompanied by sacred drums ( readily obtainable as CD recordings )
    Provides access to the realm of the Ancestors (Spirit World) , Helps with Astral travel and consciousness journeying to other dimensions.

Healing Uses;
    Relaxes and restores at the same time, Concentrated healing for Ear,Nose and Throat conditions, Very effective on Dental Abscesses and toothache.Cuts through Emotional entanglements providing for clarity of thought and then grounded contentment.

Preseli Bluestone is not normally available from High Street Crystal Shops but can be easily obtained on line.

Neville Surrell © 2010
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Preseli Bluestone Empty Re: Preseli Bluestone

Post  Violet Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi Lightseeker thank you for taking the time to post this and actually sharing it with us here, it is appreciated as well as very interesting. Preseli Bluestone 21581

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:09 am

Many thanks for your kind words Violet,
    This was my very first Published article on the Internet and I am now considering exploring other Crystals in a similar Fashion. With a view to creating further Articles.
    Best Wishes Neville Preseli Bluestone 21581
    Katiecat
    Katiecat

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : crystals, rocks, camping, drawing, music, reading, writing, cards, anything metaphysical
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

Post  Katiecat Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Wow! Nice article! Very interesting stone! A new one for me!!! Nothing like learning about a new crystal first thing in the morning! Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading/learning more!
    PEACE

Female
    Number of posts : 186
    Job/hobbies : MOTHER AND SPIRITUAL TRAVERLER
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Preseli Bluestone Empty Great

Post  PEACE Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:39 pm

Preseli Bluestone 15910 Hi lightseeker i just got my piece today and the first time i held it my hand heated up i held it in my dominant hand (left) have you any experiances with it as im going to meditate tonight with it once ive got my teenagers in bed.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Peace, i'd be interested to hear how it goesPreseli Bluestone 15910

PEACE

Female
    Number of posts : 186
    Job/hobbies : MOTHER AND SPIRITUAL TRAVERLER
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Preseli Bluestone Empty wow

Post  PEACE Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Well i meditated holding it and i felt an energy in my hand but the best bit was when the soles of my feet heated up and it was like my feet were vibrating and my ear was buzzing i took it to bed and had a wierd dream about saving people from zombies which was wierd but not scary so ill do it again tonight and let you all konw love and lightxxx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes please do keep us postedPreseli Bluestone 821538

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm