Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Karin
peaceandkarma
1antique
SpiritVoices
CW
jasdir
mac
innerlight
Violet
13 posters

How many gods are there?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How many gods are there? Empty How many gods are there?

Post  Violet Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:39 am

Are there really many different ones or is there just the one with many names and personas and powers?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

How many gods are there? Empty Re: How many gods are there?

Post  innerlight Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 am

Different entities that have experienced their divinity.. Showing those that are "regular" how to walk the path to experience their divinity.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:42 am

May I offer an alternative perspective?

Firstly I have to say that the words ‘god’ or ‘gods’ immediately cause problems because most folks will have preconceived, taught, learned images of them.

But let’s consider ‘gods’. Do we mean the ones charged with overseeing events in our physical world, our universe? The ones who we give names, or who themselves adopt names to allow more easy communication with ourselves?

Or do we mean a ‘god’, a logos, whose function was to create all that is in the world and universe we live in? A ‘god’ with which we can never communicate directly, only through intermediaries like those described above, intermediaries who in turn use other intermediaries until communication with us lowly incarnates can occur, albeit still with difficulty and uncertainty....

What of ‘divine’ and ‘divinity’. More words used by humankind to describe what they can scarcely imagine, let alone understand. Mostly meaningless....

How many of any of them? Well only one creator ‘god’ which may be a multiplicity of entities working as a whole as we might perceive the position.

How many ‘gods’? I don’t have a clue but almost certainly far more than we might guess from the names we’re familiar with. The names are just a way for us to deal with something outside of our comprehension, a way of individualising something which may be another multiplicity of entities all working as one, collectively, collaboratively.....

enough? How many gods are there? 451437
    jasdir

Male
    Number of posts : 122
    Job/hobbies : meditations
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

How many gods are there? Empty 95%.

Post  jasdir Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:51 am

95% of the wars which have been foughted on this earth till now is on the name of "Gods",
    There is also one more intresting thing that: Who on this earth till now have truely realized "God" or one "God" they never fought,
    Just think about ?
    Thanks.
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 am

How many ‘gods’? I don’t have a clue but almost
    certainly far more than we might guess from the names we’re familiar
    with. The names are just a way for us to deal with something outside of
    our comprehension, a way of individualising something which may be
    another multiplicity of entities all working as one, collectively,
    collaboratively.....

Wow!!!! that's enough to chew on for the rest of me life!! Thank you Mac.

Love to all..
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 pm

CW wrote:
    collaboratively.....

Wow!!!! that's enough to chew on for the rest of me life!! Thank you Mac.

Love to all..

my pleasure..... But this topic is from a long ways back!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:41 pm

mac wrote:May I offer an alternative perspective?

Firstly I have to say that the words ‘god’ or ‘gods’ immediately cause problems because most folks will have preconceived, taught, learned images of them.

But let’s consider ‘gods’. Do we mean the ones charged with overseeing events in our physical world, our universe? The ones who we give names, or who themselves adopt names to allow more easy communication with ourselves?

Or do we mean a ‘god’, a logos, whose function was to create all that is in the world and universe we live in? A ‘god’ with which we can never communicate directly, only through intermediaries like those described above, intermediaries who in turn use other intermediaries until communication with us lowly incarnates can occur, albeit still with difficulty and uncertainty....

What of ‘divine’ and ‘divinity’. More words used by humankind to describe what they can scarcely imagine, let alone understand. Mostly meaningless....

How many of any of them? Well only one creator ‘god’ which may be a multiplicity of entities working as a whole as we might perceive the position.

How many ‘gods’? I don’t have a clue but almost certainly far more than we might guess from the names we’re familiar with. The names are just a way for us to deal with something outside of our comprehension, a way of individualising something which may be another multiplicity of entities all working as one, collectively, collaboratively.....

Hi Mac!
    Nice to see you posting.
    Now the way you have described 'Gods' or 'God' is the way I have often thought.
    I am sure that one 'God' cannot rule the universe.I imagine a selection of Gods.or lesser beings to one supreme God,to aid and assist who ever needs help in our universe.
    How many gods are there? 182340
    Joanie x
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 pm

collaboratively.....

Hey, CW......

Could you please repeat that in a language that is understandable to all? How many gods are there? 368832
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm happy I stumbled across your post Mac better late than never.
    Sure 1antique, I believe God is all inclusive of all creation. Because we humans are created in the image of God we can be considered to be a multiplicative particle of God. How many Gods are there? In other words there are many Gods and we are included in the bunch. The names are just a label we attach to something to help us understand each other during communication. When in actuality we have not even scratched the surface of the "whole" concept.

Humans see life as separate from creation as we are cut off from our mother's umbilical cord during child birth. Separation is a illusion its all ..a
    collective, collaboration.....
    as this is my understanding of what was stated by Mac. The more I chew on it, I can think of so much more.

Love to all...
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 pm

CW wrote:I'm happy I stumbled across your post Mac better late than never.
    Sure 1antique, I believe God is all inclusive of all creation. Because we humans are created in the image of God we can be considered to be a multiplicative particle of God. How many Gods are there? In other words there are many Gods and we are included in the bunch. The names are just a label we attach to something to help us understand each other during communication. When in actuality we have not even scratched the surface of the "whole" concept.

Humans see life as separate from creation as we are cut off from our mother's umbilical cord during child birth. Separation is a illusion its all ..a
    as this is my understanding of what was stated by Mac. The more I chew on it, I can think of so much more.

Love to all...

That I can understand! As they say 'We are one with God,we are part of God'.
    Thank you.
    Joanie
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

jasdir wrote:95% of the wars which have been foughted on this earth till now is on the name of "Gods",
    There is also one more intresting thing that: Who on this earth till now have truely realized "God" or one "God" they never fought,
    Just think about ?
    Thanks.

If people thought that we are all part of God, then if I fought them they would be fighting God and if they fought me they are fighting God. So if people had a concept of fighting God is a sin or a crime and that we are all part of God, so to fight between ourselves is to strike God. Maybe will could all live in peace.
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

If people thought that we are all part of God, then if I fought them
    they would be fighting God and if they fought me they are fighting God.
    So if people had a concept of fighting God is a sin or a crime and that
    we are all part of God, so to fight between ourselves is to strike God.
    Maybe will could all live in peace.

ABSOLUTELY!! Moreover, if we all accept this as truth we would realize:

• To kill another person is the same as killing apart of yourself
    • To steal from another is the same as stealing from yourself
    • To deceive another person is the same as deceiving yourself.
    It only takes a spark to get a fire going. This is the true meaning of How many gods are there? 408815 for me. Each and everyone of us have something beautiful to contribute to life. Each and every one of our lives are needed to sustain the other. If you don't believe it, imagine removing someone you consider to be an intricate part of your life. From my perspective we all are intricate parts of each other.

Love to all..
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 pm

CW wrote:I'm happy I stumbled across your post Mac better late than never.

Love to all...

I have to differ - we're not created in the image of God because God does not have any image we can relate to..... That's just a prop for humankind which then completes the loop and in turn pictures God as a human form that resembles ourselves. Yet we're only in this form for a part of the journey we make out from the source - The Great Spirit - and its return to whence we began...... It neither resembles us nor we it. We are simply small parts of it experiencing discrete lives in different forms.

I think I've managed to begin to scratch the "surface of the "whole" concept" but my conception is mostly OK just for myself - others may develop their own conceptions. I never recommend books but 'Soul Trek' by Julie Gale is one I've found very helpful and it complements my earlier understanding based on Modern Spiritualism's general teachings.

Incidentally, unlike another similar sounding book, it has nothing whatever to do with regression and claimed past lives.
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Post  Karin Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:36 pm

I believe in "the field of love". That's God for me.

Life. Love. Some people say "Matrix".

And now I understand the sentence "I am the I am." (old testament). God is everything around us. Everything, that IS.

Karin
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:51 am

It's alright to differ Mac, this is what I believe makes us the unique multiples of God. As Karen state here
    I believe in "the field of love". That's God for me.
    Earth is our field, the image I was referring to is not the physical part of self. I'm talking about the spirit within the body. The part that allows us to love, be compassionate, be merciful toward each other. Even anger is an image we humans have that exemplifies GOD.
    I believe all these reflections are necessary even those that we consider to be not so good.

Love to all..
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Dear Joanie,

I am sure that one 'God' cannot rule the universe.

Isn't that interesting? I believe that God IS the universe. How many gods are there? 348985

Cause we all end in the same bright light, everyone of us has a "happy end".
    And so there aren't really bad things on earth. All things end in the same light. And time is also an illusion of mankind. So it isn't an important thing whether somebody dies with 100 years or after some months...

I read that God made the human to find out how all the different emotions are. To feel "anger" and "fear" mankind has to enjoy "luck" and "courage". That's what I can believe in. We are a part of the universe. Everyone of us carries a spark of God inside.

(And cause I'm a human I also feel despair if someone dies some months old. Or if I lose someone I love. Or if I'm ill... or...or... or... We all are humans. And when we pass over, we'll understand more)

Karin
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 pm

I've read some where that the goal of life is to be in love with everyone. This love for everyone is the same emotional love you share with a parter. This seems to be the state of being that Buddhist call enlightment and its also what Jesus preached. But being in love with everyone is hard to do, just look at the world we live in.
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 am

Dear Peaceandkarma,

a start for that state of paradise could be (or is certainly) loving yourself.

If everybody would practise self-love we could reach this

to be in love with everyone

Jesus said: Love your neighbour as yourself. And this "as yourself" I realized some years ago.

Self-love causes satisfaction. Satisfaction causes peace. Where peace is at home there is no place for war. And the good message is, that we all can do that. We don't have to wait for a rescue from the outside - we can begin inside of us.

(I am very philosophical this evening... How many gods are there? 809779 )

Karin
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:17 am

Are your Karin E?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:34 am

Mac

Don't you think it would be better (thinking of privacy) to use someone's last name in a PM, not in public? They may not wish for it to be known by everyone on the internet.
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:19 am

mac wrote:Are your Karin E?
    No. Who is Karin E? And what have I written for being asked this...?

Karin
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 pm

1antique wrote:Mac

Don't you think it would be better (thinking of privacy) to use someone's last name in a PM, not in public? They may not wish for it to be known by everyone on the internet.

I agree with you and had I believed for a moment she really was the one I asked about, I would have pm'ed her..... But, in actuality, who - other than me - would have been likely to know her on an English website anyway?

Not a serious concern about privacy I'm sure you'll now see and I don't routinely use personal names unless the writer already uses it. I'm well used to netiquette....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Karin wrote:
    mac wrote:Are your Karin E?
    No. Who is Karin E? And what have I written for being asked this...?

Karin

A friend..... I thought you might just have been her.
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Dear Mac,

How many gods are there? 809779

Karin, maybe a friend too. Let's wait!
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Karin wrote:Dear Mac,

How many gods are there? 809779

Karin, maybe a friend too. Let's wait!

Villeicht - warum nicht? How many gods are there? 621623

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm