Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Scarabs

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Scarabs Empty Scarabs

Post  Violet Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 am

I picked up a scarab with wings a while ago, then I looked for the scarab symbology:
    http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/2002/carl-teichrib/11scarab.htm

the scarab I have is very much like the one in the picture when you scroll down a bit.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Scarabs Empty Re: Scarabs

Post  feather Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 pm

We have 'Dung Beetles' here too. Scarabs? They really get into the cattle and horse poo and clean it up. Busy little beggers. And that is very helpful in mimimizing the bush flies that breed in the poo and drive us crazy during the wet season in Summer.

Some years, the flies are so thick that it is really uncomfortable to even go outside...they get in your eyes, nose, mouth if it is open, and swarm on your skin drinking the perspiration....harmless but annoying! Horses stand in pairs head to tail side by side...relying on their mate's tail to swish away the flies near their face ....

I don't know if the problem is self compounding...having a horse's bottom so close to a horse's face. But with tails eternally swishing it seems to work for them.
    Canopus
    Canopus

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2012-03-19

Post  Canopus Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 am

The scarab Totem animal signifies death and rebirth, the releasing of the old to embrace the new. Some talk about baggage from past lives emerging again to be resolved.
    The message of the dung beetle is that, as the female of the species lays it's eggs in the dung and new life springs forth from it when they hatch, so difficulties in our lives can be viewed as punishments.... or lessons. It's a choice we have. As the larvae feed off the dung, so we can learn from what we encounter in this life and grow spiritually.
    The winged Scarab was the symbol of the god Khepri. Khepri was seen as an aspect of the sun itself, in particular the
    sun at day break - when it "emerged" from the underworld. He was closely
    associated with Atum (the creator god), Nefertem (literally "young Atum" or "beautiful Atum") and Ra (who absorbed many of Atum's attributes). Khepri was the emerging sun,so the scarab showing up could signify a new period of enlightenment after delving deep in "dark" places...like the Spring after the Winter, or hapiness or wisdom coming after a period of tests in our lives.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Feather those flies sound awful!Scarabs 350287

Thanks for the info Canopus it's really helpful.Scarabs 28115

Canopus
    Canopus

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2012-03-19

Post  Canopus Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:34 am

Ok this made me google for the spiritual meaning and message of the Fly Totem Animal....and found this :
    Fly's wisdom:
    Survival
    Multifaceted vision
    Ability to change waste into valuable assets
    Transformation
    Adaptation to the harshest environments
    (the site had a lovely story about a hero fly lol but i'm not allowed to post external links yet, so later...)
    i guess every creature in Creation has a reason for being there and can teach us something, no matter if we don't like it...
    and NO i'll never research for the Cockroach totem animal :yuk: i simply hate them lol....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 am

THe fly one is interesting, are there any earwig onesScarabs 809779

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm