Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
innerlight
ZombieChaser
1antique
Violet
8 posters

Assisted Suicide by Loved Ones

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Assisted Suicide by Loved Ones Empty Assisted Suicide by Loved Ones

Post  Violet Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 am

What are your thoughts on this, should loved ones be prosecuted for helping their loved ones accross to the otherside, should they be punished or not or does it depend on the circumstances?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Assisted Suicide by Loved Ones Empty Re: Assisted Suicide by Loved Ones

Post  1antique Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:34 pm

OK....personal opinion here....

I feel that the relatives of a terminally ill person should do whatever necessary to help ease the person to the other side. If this includes assisting them in leaving the earthly body, then they should. It should never be something that is forced on the elderly, but something that is their wish.

The other side is so much more beautiful and peaceful, so why force them to remain here in pain?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 pm

I totally agree with you
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post  ZombieChaser Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:57 am

Suicide is wrong no matter how you slice it to me it's a cheap way out.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:07 am

It is abhorrant to a lot of people, but this refers more to cases of terminal illness and constant excrutiating pain.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:10 am

I think this starts to border into selfish reasons. People thinking they know what's best for someone else.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post  ZombieChaser Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:12 am

Its not up to us to be judge and jury in cases like this really.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm

I was pleased to see in the news this week that a lady who is terminally ill had some success, and that the laws on assisted suicide will now be clarified, she was worried that if her partner helped her on the plane or carried her bags etc so she could go to a clinic in Switzerland to die with dignity (legally) would be prosecuted for 'assisting' her, because apparantly carrying bags and helping people onto planes does count as 'assisting.'
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 pm

I personally believe suicide isn't the answer.
    We all have challenges in our lives and none of us know with any certainty what our soul chooses to experience. I have seen people begging to die when the pain has got so severe and my heart goes out to them.
    Would I want to kill myself should my health take a turn for the worse? I can't say one way or the other. I would hope my belief would keep me strong, but no one can ever tell.
    I have brought a number of people through who have committed suicide and their comunications were as loving as someone who passed without intervention. Having said that, I also believe in the law of karma comes into play.
    Although people judge only themselves and their own actions when they arrive in spirit, according to the teachings of Silver Birch he states "..If you force yourself to go into the next stage of life before your spirit is ready, then you will have to pay the price in the long adjustment that you will have to make....
    This suggests that personal responsibilty is always up to us.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:44 pm

my experience with people who have committed suicide is that they were all ready to go and they did the only thing they could (which was to take action themselves) so that they could go. Assisting in suicide is no different than putting an animal to sleep. Just as painful and difficult to choose to do for the person who must undergo the loss and just as much a blessing to the soul on the travel. Not a popular way of looking at that. But honest.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:22 pm

One thing we must remember is that, up until a few years ago, many of these people would not have lived as long as they have. It is our use of medicines and machines that force their bodies to remain alive long after the soul is ready to leave. Here in Oregon, doctor assisted suicide is legal for the terminally ill...after several counseling sessions to ensure the person is still of sound mind enough to make the choice.

I do not feel that anyone has a right to force a terminally ill person (or one that is totally brain dead) to remain in the physical. My mother's doctor tried to do that, even though she had a living will in place. We had to threaten a lawsuit against him if he did not order the removal of the feeding tubes keeping her alive. (she had a massive stroke and was brain dead with no chance of recovery). He preferred to keep her in a vegetative state than to let her go, even though the family had already told him otherwise.

Why do doctors feel that it is their right to force a person to stay alive through artificial means just because we have the technology to do it?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:47 pm

innerlight wrote:I think this starts to border into selfish reasons. People thinking they know what's best for someone else.

This was about the ill person's right to choose when they are going to die, not anyone else's decision, and whether or not anyone assisting them to do it should be prosecuted for helping them. :asmile:
    Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Assisted Suicide by Loved Ones Empty id choose to go and that would be my choice

Post  Aura Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:09 am

if i were ill i would want the choice to decide to go. im not being killed, im just being helped on to continue my life in a nicer place with all my family and loved ones there. so i know i would make such a choice rather than carry on here getting worse. that would be my choice x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:14 am

I would want the choice too.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 am

Violet wrote:What are your thoughts on this, should loved ones be prosecuted for helping their loved ones accross to the otherside, should they be punished or not or does it depend on the circumstances?

Another 'good' question Violet!

Prosecuted -NO!

BUT!

We are here to live out a lifetime that has been planned!

happiness--sadness--joy and suffering are all part of our lessons here on the earth plane!

It is my great dilemma--one that I hope I will not be tested on!

A 'loved one'--say my wife of 40 years??? She is suffering a 'terminal' illness--suffering!!!!

Do I act in 'Love' and end her suffering -knowing the real 'her' will move on into the spirit world? Or do I accept that these hours/days/months/years of suffering are a part of her journey!

I TRUTHFULLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO!!!!!

PPLLnL

Peter
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:33 am

Hello again

To finish--whatever my choice--I will answer for it when my turn comes!!

Peter
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:45 am

Hi Peter, it's a difficult one isn't it, I like to believe I would be able to do it but when it actually came to it....you just never know until you are in such a situation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:03 pm