Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Singing Bowls

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Singing Bowls Empty Singing Bowls

Post  Violet Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Has anyone ever used one of these or bells for cleansing?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    L'angel
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Singing Bowls Empty Re: Singing Bowls

Post  L'angel Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 am

Greetings V-

I do have a Tibetan singing bowl, I do love the sounds of it...but I do not use it as a tool. I have to concentrate too hard on making it sing that I could not use it as a tool (maybe in the future, if I practice it) LOL- not that talented!!!
    BTW- it is very pretty also-makes me feel calm!
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Hello

I have used a Quartz Crystal Bowl and a Tibbeten one. BOTH I will say were not for the possitive arts. THUS I no longer have the Quartz one it shattered when we moved. I know it was for good reason. The Tibbeten one is now ornamental in the China Cabinet.

Me eldest Son has played a Tibbeten one and having never touched one seemed to KNOW just how to do it. I was told he played it like a master. I will get him one when I find one that SINGS to me its right for him.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi Lynn, I wasn't aware they could be used for anything negative, I thought their only purpose was cleansing.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 am

Violet wrote:Hi Lynn, I wasn't aware they could be used for anything negative, I thought their only purpose was cleansing.

Hello Violet

Like all things there is a possitive and a negative charge or intention that can be put forth on things. A bowl is but a TOOL for the one useing it. If one works on a level of the lower vibrations in life one can put that intention to any "cleansing" tool.

The best way I describe it is a Witch uses a Cauldren ( its intention was for taking a HOT bath ) that is a cleansing of sorts but is used for Witches brews.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Lynn yes you are right, it's like anything else we can use it can also be abused.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Lynn yes you are right, it's like anything else we can use it can also be abused.

Hello

I will add her later some information on Quartz Crystal Bowls and Tibbeten Bowls. I have had the pleasure of hearing both played on a very high level of quality.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Thank you Lynn that would be great Singing Bowls 821538

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:06 am

Quartz Crystal Bowls and Tibetan Singing Bowls

Quartz crystal bowls are made pure silicon quartz sand.

Their original use goes to the communications and computer field used to tune the transistors and computer chips. From there starting the in 1980’s they started to become popular for other things.

Each bowl is made up of 98.9% silicon quartz. It was found that the tones that the bowls make vibrate in a unity with the human body. It is understood that the tones make our electro magnetic energies vibrate. Out bodies can vibrate at the same frequency as the bowls. The they are used for healing and meditations.

When used in relation to the Chakras there is a grouping of SEVEN and there is a musical note that each bowl is attuned to.

Root = C
    Sacral = D
    Solar Plexus = E
    Heart = F
    Throat = G
    Third Eye = A
    Crown = B

They are played with a hollow wand that is wrapped in a suede material. They can be held I nt he hand to play or sit on a ring base.

They come in clear and milky white or an alabaster colour. They too can be custom colored . The best for playing seems to be the milky white quartz one’s

Like all things the pitch or tone is not for all. When one comes to a vibrational tone that does not sit well with them it is quite easy to MOVE past that in breathing.

Lynn

Tibetan Singing Bowls

These easily date back some 3000 year’s to the Bronze Age. Today they are common worldwide. Used in meditations, music, healings and religious practices. In some schools they are used to get the students “attentions” .

The traditional one’s and the most sought after one’s are Himalayan Singing Bowls, made in the Himalayan region.

Tibetan Singing Bowls are played with a wooden mallet.

They are a metal bowl, the antique one’s are made of a high quality bronze alloy.

Modern one’s are exported from Nepal and India. The better of the two being from Nepal if hand made. In recent year’s Japan and Korea have been making very HIGH quality one’s but are rarely exported.

guidinglight

Female
    Number of posts : 134
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual interests, movies, pot plants, op shopping, retired so do as little as possible is the plan, enjoying my time of life doing what ever i please.
    Registration date : 2011-04-04

Singing Bowls Empty cleansing with crystal bowls

Post  guidinglight Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:03 am

Violet wrote:Has anyone ever used one of these or bells for cleansing?
    Hi Violet,
    I have heard the crystal bowls, they are beautiful to listen to and you can feel them in your chakra's when in a particular tone, i have had a healing from my girlfriend who used a gong, that was good, and i have been drummed native american indian that was fantastic the vibrational energy and tones really can be felt in your chakra's.
    If i ever won lotto i would get myself a set of crystal bowls( different sizes for different tones to suit each chakra) to use for healing i know they are very expensive to buy to get the right sound and tone crystal is used and for its healing purposes.
    Love and light guidinglight. Singing Bowls 348985
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:29 am

Hi Lynn, L'Angel and guiding Light thank you all for youyr posyts I feel I know a bit more now Singing Bowls 821538 i'd never heard of crystal bowls before this thread they sound lovely.

L'angel
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Post  L'angel Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:08 am

I would love to hear crystal bowls!
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 am

Hello

Hmmmmmm I am seeing more and more how very blessed I am to have such wonders around me in the community I live.

I have tried to tape it but its not the same as one FEELS the vibrations of the bowls.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi Lynn, I know what you mean we do quite well in the uk for things but it is expensive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content