Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ManshokL
psychoslice
gigpdo
Domintheos
Frederick33
Blueanchor
Andromeda92
reikistar
ministrywr
jcam@sii
Native spirit
partofme
somnium
CW
SpiritVoices
grangram
cleisis
angelman
Arbel
norseman
innerlight
Chrysalis
Detlef
feather
Sapienza
peaceandkarma
PPrncpl7
Beware_of_Italics
Topaz
1antique
Violet
35 posters

Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Who or what is god, in your opinion? Empty Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  Violet Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Who or what is god, in your opinion?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Who or what is god, in your opinion? Empty Re: Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  1antique Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Are you refering to God or god?

Throughout the ages there have been many gods, but only one God...which is the Central Power...the Creator of all things.
    Topaz
    Topaz

Female
    Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Who or what is god, in your opinion? Empty Re: Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  Topaz Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't think of God as a person in the physical sense, more as an all encompassing consciousness. An energy that has the combined knowledge of everyone and everything in the universe from the beginning of time.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:40 am

I've mulled over this question a lot over the past few years. The only thing I'm most certain of is that while I do believe in God, I really don't think He has much to do with our daily lives. (Personally, I don't really believe in prayer but I do believe Angels and loved one's are around us all the time. I think Angels are God's 'army,' or 'middle man' so-to-speak; our helpers/miracle workers). I think God is the creator of ALL things, so of course we're just a little grain of sand compared to everything and everyone He's created. We're no more special than anyone else out there.

And when I say "He" I really don't mean gender. I don't think God is female or male. I think God is an Energy force... think "The Force" in Star Wars Who or what is god, in your opinion? 451437 ... and that we really can't wrap our feeble minds around it. Even in the afterlife, I think there's still a mystery there.

I like to believe that God is Love, and that this life we've been given is a gift. We can do whatever we wish with it, be it good or bad thanks to having free will. (Which would explain both the extreme evil and good in this world).

Okay, I'll stop rambling now. Who or what is god, in your opinion? 349308

PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:34 am

[quote="Beware_of_Italics"]
    I've mulled over this question a lot over the past few years. The only thing I'm most certain of is that while I do believe in God, I really don't think He has much to do with our daily lives. (Personally, I don't really believe in prayer but I do believe Angels and loved one's are around us all the time. I think Angels are God's 'army,' or 'middle man' so-to-speak; our helpers/miracle workers). I think God is the creator of ALL things, so of course we're just a little grain of sand compared to everything and everyone He's created. We're no more special than anyone else out there.
    And when I say "He" I really don't mean gender. I don't think God is female or male. I think God is an Energy force... think "The Force" in Star Wars Who or what is god, in your opinion? 451437 ... and that we really can't wrap our feeble minds around it. Even in the afterlife, I think there's still a mystery there.
    I like to believe that God is Love, and that this life we've been given is a gift. We can do whatever we wish with it, be it good or bad thanks to having free will. (Which would explain both the extreme evil and good in this world).
    Okay, I'll stop rambling now. Who or what is god, in your opinion? 349308
    YOU ARE NOT RAMBLING!!!!
    A short while ago I had a small group of year 11 for maths--we got around to 'GOD'! I asked my usual "define GOD?" The answer used 'HE' a great deal! I said GOD is neither a 'HE' or a 'SHE' to which I got the reply--'Surely he is not 'IT' !!!!
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:07 am

I see God in a more modern view, more like the Native American concept of a great spirit than the way God seems to appear to me as written in The Bible. No ones wrong or right, you can view God anyway you want.
    Sapienza
    Sapienza

Male
    Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2011-11-17

Post  Sapienza Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:49 am

Everything that exist and the source of consciousness.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:26 am

I see God as the energy behind creation....visible as ...the sparkle in the eye, the spring in the step, the love in the heart, the lightness in the spirit....That which you see in the loving eyes of another and know that you been touched by and caught a glimpse of something wonderful.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:25 am

In my view and understanding, A God is a construct for creation or the creative force.

Rah nam
    Chrysalis
    Chrysalis

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post  Chrysalis Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:13 am

I believe what we call God is everything around and inside us. The unification of the material and spiritual aspect of the Universe, the Great One. Spirit and matter are equal in importance and eternally intertwined just like the two DNA strands. Perhaps this is what "we are made in his image" really means.... Who or what is god, in your opinion? 15910
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:29 pm

My belief is there is God and then there is god.

God with a capital G is the collective consciousness of the totality. The all. The force that exists within everything and no-thing.

I would then say there are god(s) the creator forces that create everything that we can see and those things we are unable to see.

There would then be little co-creators or us.

The God, IMO, does not do anything but just exist. If God started to do this and that God would move away from being a force and would be something.

Was it just God and then the lessor creator gods sprang forth from God I am not sure. I am not sure if they both existed always or if it started with God and then god came forth at another time.
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge

Post  norseman Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:54 pm

I can see Her.
    I can feel Her.
    I can taste Her.
    I can smell Her.
    She is all around me, always.
    She gives me food and drink, and air to breathe.
    She switches off the light to help me sleep,
    and switches it back on when it is time to wake up.
    She gives me miracles, like new lambs, like flowers blooming, like hawks hovering hunting, and the sound of rivers.
    I was born from Her body and when it is time, She will take me back and guard me until it is my time to be reborn again.
    And all She asks of me is that I care for Her body and don't take Her for granted.
    Her name is Gaia.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm

The answer used 'HE' a great deal! I said GOD is neither a 'HE' or a 'SHE' to which I got the reply--'Surely he is not 'IT' !!!!
    Who or what is god, in your opinion? 809779

Last edited by Violet on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 pm

I like how you've put this Who or what is god, in your opinion? 821538
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Violet wrote:The answer used 'HE' a great deal! I said GOD is neither a 'HE' or a 'SHE' to which I got the reply--'Surely he is not 'IT' !!!!Who or what is god, in your opinion? 809779

God will be a he or a she in whatever way is needed for people that need a way to relate to God. To make God more human and personable to them.
    Arbel
    Arbel

Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

Post  Arbel Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 pm

The question of God has been debated since the beginning of time itself and still we are no nearer the answer of does he exist. The catholic religion teaches us about the mystery of the blessed trinity which means the Father; Son/ Holy Ghost; the correct term for that mystery should be Father/Mother Son God. It is said we are made in the image of God but what is that image as it is certainly not these human forms so we take a different source. In the beginning when many of us were given life we were given life as spiritual twin’s male/female each with their own identity but these twins have the ability to merge into one spirit where they are neither male or female. Another way to describe that is by saying we are one soul split into two halves with each half having their own identity.

The same principle applies to the blessed trinity only the soul of God is split into three separate entities and our human minds cannot even begin to comprehend that image of God or even our own image in spirit

Arbel
    angelman
    angelman

Male
    Number of posts : 67
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual Teacher
    Registration date : 2012-09-12

Post  angelman Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:39 pm

God is a feeling and is without shape, colour, form or substance.

This feeling that is God is also called life, source, love and light.

The feeling that is God is peace, love, joy and gratitude; all contained within it and growing by extending itself to itself. This is within us all already we just have to choose to feel it. All else is an illusion, a dream that will fade and end
    cleisis
    cleisis

Female
    Number of posts : 47
    Job/hobbies : Reiki,readings,care giver,runes,oracles,crystals..
    Registration date : 2013-03-01

Post  cleisis Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:36 am

God is love and light..pure energy!
    grangram
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Job/hobbies : house husband - Raj Yoga- TaiChi - history- collecting mystic prose and poetry-charity work-photography
    Registration date : 2013-02-12

Post  grangram Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Many times I have
    tried to come up with a good concept of God, but I have no idea really. I have
    experienced ‘IT’ in meditation as Light/Sound/ Peace and from that I
    have Love and happiness in my life. So, Light, Peace, Love or energy, I like
    them all but ’IT’ is so vast, so all-encompassing, I’m not sure that any concept
    can really cover it. I am reminded of the Indian story of four blind men who
    have never seen an elephant and one at a time are taken to one. One feels the
    ear and thinks it is thin and flat, one feels the trunk and thinks it’s shaped like
    a snake, one grabs the leg and thinks it’s like a tree trunk and the last one
    grabs the tail thinking it’s thin and short. Can we really perceive ’IT’ as it
    truly is? I like the answer given by the 13 century Mystic Kabir when he
    was asked this question, he said, ’ The fish are thirsty in the water and when I hear
    this it makes me laugh’. Take care
    cleisis
    cleisis

Female
    Number of posts : 47
    Job/hobbies : Reiki,readings,care giver,runes,oracles,crystals..
    Registration date : 2013-03-01

Post  cleisis Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Blessings to you!

Post  Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 am

God is sound....and the vehicle is vibrational frequencies........

A molecular vibration is excited when the molecule absorbs a quantum of energy, E, corresponding to the vibration's frequency, ν, according to the relation E = (where h is Planck's constant). A fundamental vibration is excited when one such quantum of energy is absorbed by the molecule in its ground state. When two quanta are absorbed the first overtone is excited, and so on to higher overtones.

all the molecules within you can be excited with sound...........

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was sound
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:09 pm

I don't normally answer these kind of posts not because I don't believe in God but I find it hard to understand exactly what God is.
    Does he resemble us or is he a vague being we worship in the heavens because that is what we have been taught?

A figure of power?  Some cloudy monarch up there?   An exceptional Spirit who rules the spirit world and all in the Universe?

Tell me someone exactly what God is and how you imagine him?

Joan
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 pm

God is my father/mother, my shepherd, who created the heavens and dwell therein. God is the supreme core of who I'AM. God is the magnification of me times infinity. God is the highest form of myself who's magnificence can not be measured. 

I could go on and on........but I'll keep it simple.

Love to all...
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Something crept into my mind....The more the population of the universe grows,so does God.
    Now i wonder what that means....
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge

Post  norseman Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:07 pm

http://www.ecolo.org/lovelock/what_is_Gaia.html

Says it all, really.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:43 am