Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
mac
Beware_of_Italics
SpiritVoices
Karin
1antique
peaceandkarma
guidinglight
Violet
12 posters

Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? Empty Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men?

Post  Violet Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Or not?

If you think yes could this be because women may (generally) be more open and possibly more in tune with their feelings, or not?

Or do you think theres a good mix between the sexes, or that there are more males open to it, there certainly seems to be a lot more men imo since 20/ 30 years ago.
    This thread isn't intended as a war between the sexes btw Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 809779 just out of interest.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    guidinglight

Female
    Number of posts : 134
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual interests, movies, pot plants, op shopping, retired so do as little as possible is the plan, enjoying my time of life doing what ever i please.
    Registration date : 2011-04-04

Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? Empty Re: Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men?

Post  guidinglight Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 am

Violet wrote:Or not?

If you think yes could this be because women may (generally) be more open and possibly more in tune with their feelings, or not?

Or do you think theres a good mix between the sexes, or that there are more males open to it, there certainly seems to be a lot more men imo since 20/ 30 years ago.
    This thread isn't intended as a war between the sexes btw Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 809779 just out of interest.
    Hi Violet Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 15910
    Both sexes are all born with intuition it just depends if your purpose here is to use that ability or not to help others,as well as be more aware for themselves, some are aware of their intuition but dont understand it, but are meant to learn more about spiritual gifts and how to use them, some will choose to not to believe anything past the physical , some are frightened of what they experience and turn away from it believing it is evil,and some will abuse it through ego and greed.
    It just depends on whether male or female are meant to use their gifts in a constructive way for the purpose of helping those in need, i have met many women who are very psychic but dont want nothing to do with it and i have met men the same only because they dont understand that spiritual side and connection we have to the physical of us.
    Love and blessings Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 348985
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? Empty Re: Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men?

Post  peaceandkarma Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:45 am

I've read an interesting book that says that men and women think with different sides of the brain, as one side of the brain is more dominate. These sides of the brain are also male and female. If I remember correctly men think with the left hand side of the brain and women the right. The side that is more dominant in men make men think and communicate the way they do, and the dominant side for women makes them think and do the things they do. The female side of the brain makes women more in tune with themselves, more in tune with others and a greater skill at intuition.

But men can also have the female dominant side of the brain dominant and vice versa. And a lot of men are still mediums. But what sex makes the best mediums? For me that all depends how well the medium listens to spirit and how well you can cut your own thoughts out and not on sex.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:28 am

I think that psychic ability is more prevalent amongst women, and I think this is in part because women are more inclined to believe. Just look at the magazines - Soul & Spirit, Spirit and Destiny, they all have a 'female' bias in the way they're written and the articles published within them. I think men do have the ability - whether or not to the same degree I don't know, but I also think a larger proportion of men are inclined to not believe - Which in turn shuts down any latent ability they may have.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 am

I think that, for the most part, men have lost the ability to quiet their minds enough to hear what is being yelled at them.

Then again....maybe it is merely our selective hearing? Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 809779
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Post  Karin Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:45 am

Hello everybody!

I think, there are (still) more spiritual women than men...

But that's a question of education. Boys and young men "have to be" strong, rational, brave... These are the properties a "man" is made of - and so much mothers and fathers are thinking this way. Unfortunately...

I see the skills independently of the sex, but people are destroying the potential abilities of sons in their childhood.

Karin

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:48 pm

1antique wrote:I think that, for the most part, men have lost the ability to quiet their minds enough to hear what is being yelled at them.

Now that's interesting. Sometimes I really wish my mind would just SHUT UP!!! Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 257922
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:55 pm

I will go with the women being more Empathic,I pick that word more than Psychic because I think women pick up feelings more than the male side.
    Look at how we know when our children are 'up to something'.
    Look at how we sense when our men are also 'up to something'.
    Tut,tut!
    Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 809779

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Joanie wrote:I will go with the women being more Empathic,I pick that word more than Psychic because I think women pick up feelings more than the male side.
    Tut,tut!
    Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 809779

Wasn't me! Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 173994

Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 1139249059
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Wasn't me! Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 173994

Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 1139249059
    Twenty or so years ago most well known mediums (generally) seemed to be late middle aged women, lately there seems to be more young men.
    I think a lot may depend on how many mediums/psychics you know.

I think there are more women than men to be honest.

Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Joanie wrote:I will go with the women being more Empathic,I pick that word more than Psychic because I think women pick up feelings more than the male side.
    Tut,tut!

Funny. Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 114597 I think you hit the nail on the head when you used the term "empathic."

I also find it interesting that a lot of the time women become more psychically aware, etc after becoming pregnant. (So there must be something in a woman's biological makeup which can assist such abilities). This happened to my sister actually, when she became pregnant with her first child. She hasn' t been able to turn it off ever since.

While I think both sexes clearly have the same potential in their abilities, I think the majority are probably women.

Or perhaps it's only that the women are more vocal about it. Or just open to receiving it, as someone else already stated.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:04 pm

:blush: Like when we start the nagging.
    We just know that you males are up to something naughty.

Like my two kids when they were younger.
    Behind our house,there was a spare bit of grass that all neighborhood children had been warned about playing there on their own.
    Rather isolated.
    I spotted them one morning playing over there from the spare bedroom room window.
    They didn't know I could do that! :cool:

They asked me how I knew and my answer was 'The fairies told me'.
    :giggles:
    That day,I couldn't see them in our garden so had a strange feeling they were playing on the forbidden land. Not Empathy just suspicion.
    :yeeess:
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Violet wrote:Or not?

Can this ever be more than simply feeling or belief? Put simply, just guesswork because there are no facts, no statistics, no evidence....

Those who believe it true will, of course, dismiss any such suggestion.... Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 451437
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Twenty or so years ago most well known mediums (generally) seemed to be late middle aged women, lately there seems to be more young men.
    I think a lot may depend on how many mediums/psychics you know.

I think there are more women than men to be honest.[/quote]

Hi Violet

You are absolutely correct!!

I was awakened/saw the light/was hooked about 12 years ago. Between then and now I have opened my mind to make myself capable of things I would once have laughed at.

And there is the point--men generally do not go into themselves - they hide behind a macho image. To most men 'LOVE' is a physical act not an emotion. For those who may object--the above is certainly true of ME in my younger days.

Having said this it is my experience as the years go by that there are more and more male platform mediums and more and more males attending spiritualist church meetings-AND they are getting younger!!

There are those who say this is meaningful--for me I am forever the doubting thomas--I will wait and see!

PPLLnL

Peter
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:04 am

I would say, women are more intuitive then men, not necessarily psychic.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:33 am

Still just guesswork based on limited personal experience. Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 330618
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Come off it,Mac!

You know women are more intuitive than men.

My impression is of the modern day influence,men may have developed an extra pyschic awareness but not very intuitive as to feelings.

Women are known to 'sense' anything that is lurking beneath the surface.
    It comes like waves through the atmosphere.
    But 'psychic' I would say is another thing altogether.
    Pyschic is reading someone's character or picking up on personal facts about that person.
    Amen. :blush:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Joanie wrote:Come off it,Mac!

My impression is of the modern day influence,men may have developed an extra pyschic awareness but not very intuitive as to feelings.

Pyschic is reading someone's character or picking up on personal facts about that person.
    Amen. :blush:

Maybe some women are generally more intuitive but the question was: Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men?

It's still guesswork.... Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 451437
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:23 pm

mac wrote:

Amen. Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 160943

Maybe some women are generally more intuitive but the question was: Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men?

It's still guesswork.... Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 451437

Oh yes,back to the original question..... :blush:
    Well,up to now,I'm not quite sure,Mac.
    I can honestly say I have never heard a great deal of men having any pyschic ability.
    I suppose they must have but considering this question,I cannot recollect any male medium 's name which has given any hint of having this gift.
    For some unknown reason,only female mediums seem to be gifted.
    But then again,that is only my viewpoint.
    But to answer the question,I would say that mostly women have this rare gift.
    :yay:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Joanie wrote:
    mac wrote:

Amen. Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 160943

Oh yes,back to the original question..... :blush:
    Well,up to now,I'm not quite sure,Mac.
    I can honestly say I have never heard a great deal of men having any pyschic ability.
    I suppose they must have but considering this question,I cannot recollect any male medium 's name which has given any hint of having this gift.
    For some unknown reason,only female mediums seem to be gifted.
    But then again,that is only my viewpoint.
    But to answer the question,I would say that mostly women have this rare gift.
    :yay:

still guessing, just a little biased perhaps? Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 1139249059 Do you think psychic ability etc is more prevalent amongst women than men? 621623
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:27 pm

Now this goes back to intution again.
    I sincerely think that intution and pyschic gifts are linked.
    My opinion of course.
    Lets link the two with Empathy now.
    Mostly a female trait.
    Among male and female animals,who looks after the young?
    Who smells the dangers that may affect the cubs.
    Not the male,he's too busy looking for food to feed his family.
    On that note,I'm off to bed now...... :sleep:
    :kiss:
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 pm

PPLLnL Joannie and Mac

Male and Female are both EQUALLY capable--but must repeat the tendency for men to oh so 'MACHO'!!

Women have traditionally been more spiritually sensitive --but I truly believe we live in an age where the male of the species is at last catching up!

Let us hope so--for what the world really needs at the moment is 'BALANCE'

Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:36 am

gilly wrote:PPLLnL Joannie and Mac

Male and Female are both EQUALLY capable--but must repeat the tendency for men to oh so 'MACHO'!!

Women have traditionally been more spiritually sensitive --but I truly believe we live in an age where the male of the species is at last catching up!

Let us hope so--for what the world really needs at the moment is 'BALANCE'

Peter

Macho! That's the word I was looking for,Peter.
    Why I seem to think that women are more pyschic than the male gender,is just my feelings mostly.
    It goes back to mostly general comments over the years of hearing how women have a more sensitive sense of feeling about others than men.
    ike hearing my late mother in law say to us 'What's wrong?' As soon as we walked through the door. She had a strong sense of picking up if something was not quite right in our lives.
    I have felt it as well many times with friends.
    I'm rambling now.
    But very rarely,have I ever heard these sort of comments from men.
    I rest my case.
    :asmile:
    Sapienza
    Sapienza

Male
    Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2011-11-17

Post  Sapienza Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 am

I will be incline to say that psychic ability is more prevalent in women( all the great oracles in mythology and history were women)...but I think everyone can develop psychic abilities. I think psychic abilities are like any other...for example to be a great musician you practice everyday and with it become better..same principle applies to psychic abilities.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 pm

But very rarely,have I ever heard these sort of comments from men.

Strangely I find men are more likely to ask what's wrong before I say anything, even online

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm