Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
skye
Lulu
Violet
peaceandkarma
SpiritVoices
Karin
10 posters

Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium?

Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 Empty Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium?

Post  Karin Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello everybody! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 15910

My heart's desire is to become a medium. I am aware of my sixth sense and I'm developing it. I meditate, I read much books about mediumship, next year I'll participate on a workshop. Whenever there is an event with a real medium here in germany, I go there (I think you don't know that germany is a "no man's land" concerning mediumship).

And I know, that I'll have to learn my whole life... (that's ok: I love it! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 15910 )

Please... Do you have any tips for me, how I could develope my skills in a better way? What did you do to reach that target?

Thank you all!

Karin
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium?

Post  Violet Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Karin wrote:
    peaceandkarma wrote:Your English is better than mine.
    That cannot be serious!!! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779

Karin medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 821538

Told you!! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779 Your English is excellent!

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Karin
    Karin

Female

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium?

Post  Karin Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Hello Everybody! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 821538

After having a stressful week at the office, on saturday I woke up at three o clock in the morning
    - and an hour later I was on the "highway". After driving 320 km and some sung pop songs later
    I reached the "Chiemgau", a very lovely landscape in the south of Germany (the "Chiemsee" is a
    big lake in Bavaria, also called the "Bavarian sea".)

The workshop didn't meet my expectations. medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 780422031 Soon it became clear that there is a big difference
    between "mediumship" and "British mediumship". I've read the description concerning the workshop
    very often - and so I was surprised indeed: The promised connection to the spiritual world only
    included the "perception" of angels and other good beings on the other side. No opportunity for me
    to find a connection to the deceased. medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 45824

The seminar leader (a well-known woman in Germany) is noted for channelings of messages given by
    the spiritual world. After some hours I felt disappointment because the few meditation-exercises
    were so simple and unsatisfactory. I know that this sounds arrogant but I felt overqualified...

I was also angry about the channelings: If I want to attend in a workshop so I wish to learn
    something - and not to sit on a chair and listen to the messages the "teacher" is receiving!
    Questions of mine she blocked and soon I heard "I know which 'camp' you come from!"
    (It seems that my "camp" is the British mediumship...) medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 331509
    She asked me for my goal. "To find a clear connection to the other side", I answered.
    "You will!" she said. Not very friendy and nothing more. medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 588401

Anyhow the two days end successfully. I practiced to and with the other participants.
    Whenever I meet someone I listen to my feelings. What kind of human is someone?
    How does this one feel? What problems are there? During the workshop at 23 people I had 22 hits.

If I meet people with "dark" hearts, with sorrows, depressions and
    problems... my heart is working with them. By listening and talking I receive
    or have ideas and problem solving. Short and sweet and easily for myself, mostly helpful for the others.
    In between I tell jokes medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 15910 to make them smile and to dry the tears. medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 821538
    And occasionally someone takes refuge in my arms. Interestingly we had lots of breaks during the
    course and so I enjoyed many discussions and talks.

It seems that I made my own workshop medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779 between this nice people - because the booked and
    paid one didn't reach me.

At first I thought that the seminar leader doesn't like me. But at the end of the workshop
    on Sunday everybody received an advice for the future by her. I was not given a counsel... she
    just said that I've been "the sparkling star in this group of people" medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 348985 and
    because the others embraced me by taking leave - one by one -
    I realized that these two days weren't useless. I'm also touched by my new nick: They called me "heart of stars". medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 160943

No... that was not useless for me. Now I know that my place is in the British mediumship.
    And it was not useless for the other participants - cause they've lost some sorrows. I'm sure that someone will
    find to his or her angel medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 56455 or spiritual guide. Some people realized there for the first time that we all
    are also spirits - equipped with a human body. I think this will help too...

So that was my "self-made" workshop! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779 I didn't learn anything new about meditations or how to create a
    connection to the other side - but I learned to trust my dealings with other people.
    Maybe I'm really sensitive... I don't know.

Fortunately I have the day off - after driving back yesterday in the evening I had the second restless night...
    filled with a lot of sparkling stars... medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779 and new questions concerning my way on becoming a medium.

Bye! Thank you all for answering my other threads. I will write again as soon as I find some time.
    By being tired it's hard to write in English and after this big tour and two sleepless nights I'm tired indeed... medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 63420

(I'm so glad... my next workshop will be held by a British medium in Switzerland. Next year in February!
    And who knows what I'm going to find until then. Now I know that MY THING is "British mediumship"!

Reported by Karin, out of Germany, this "desert", this "no man's land" of spiritualism"!!! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 671114
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Karin,what a lovely account of your training.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

And look at the consolation you gave to the other pupils?

Marvellous.

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 21581

Joanie x
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi Joanie!

Nice "to see" you! medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 21581

Thank you for your gentle words!

I'm known for changing "bad things" into good ones... medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779Because the workshop was not right for me... I made my own one.
    And yes... that's great to know that I could conjure a smile on tear-stained faces...

With a little bit stardust... medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 348985 medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779

Karin, smiling and with a wink
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 pm

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 21581 for Karin.
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 pm

For Joanie:

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 3le3mqzg64kmedium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 3le3mqzg64kmedium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 3le3mqzg64k

The "forum's translation" maybe looks like:

"xxx"

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779

Karin, going to bed now. In my own bed!
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi Karin, there is a College in London called, The College Of Psychic Studies and they run causes, some are weekend course. You could jump on the Euro Tunnel train, stay at a cheap hotel and do a weekend coarse. Their website is www.collegeofpsychicstudies.co.uk You can get there programme on-line if you follow the link.
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:11 am

Hi Karin, some New Age Shops run circles, you could ask your local shop if they have any details.
    Lulu
    Lulu

Female
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : Job:Chemist Hobbies: Gardening, Reading, Painting
    Registration date : 2011-08-26

Post  Lulu Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello Karin,

Have you heard of a man called Paul Jacobs?

He is quite a famous medium. He often works in Germany and he has a school in Hannover. I know its probably very far from you, but maybe he can put you in touch with someone.

I work for a company who's head office is in Gottmadingen anywhere near you? Just curiousmedium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 821538
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Lulu wrote:Hello Karin,

Have you heard of a man called Paul Jacobs?

He is quite a famous medium. He often works in Germany and he has a school in Hannover. I know its probably very far from you, but maybe he can put you in touch with someone.

I work for a company who's head office is in Gottmadingen anywhere near you? Just curiousmedium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 821538

Paul Jacobs is a tutor at the Arthur Findlay College in the UK.
    ChloeBell1313
    ChloeBell1313

Female
    Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2012-07-12

Post  ChloeBell1313 Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:06 pm

I knew was a Medium for a long time before i was able to actually figure out to how to just use it. Having someone to practice on would be great, but its hard since usually the people who you are comfortable discussing it with, are people who you know SO much about that doing a reading on them isnt terribly easy.

I found a metaphysical center near me and they offer a ton of classes, The first i read someone was in that class, and have done so many times there. Our teacher helps us to open up and gives us direction on what type of reading to do. We do different types of readings every week in circle and its really be amazing for development!

I hope you can find someone or somewhere soon!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:12 am

Having someone to practice on would be great, but its hard since usually the people who you are comfortable discussing it with, are people who you know SO much about that doing a reading on them isnt terribly easy.

ChloeBell please know that we do allow 'practice readings' at this forum, so if you ever feel you want to practice amongst like minded, understanding people you are more than welcome to do so here, absolutely no pressure though, I just want you to know that option is available to you if you ever want to use it, if you take a look in our readings section you will see other threads for practicing mediumship etc which will give you an idea of how we do it.

ChloeBell1313
    ChloeBell1313

Female
    Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2012-07-12

Post  ChloeBell1313 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Oh cool, Ill check it out!! =)
    SeaCharms
    SeaCharms

Female
    Number of posts : 197
    Job/hobbies : Tarot cards, My Cats
    Registration date : 2012-06-15

Post  SeaCharms Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:42 am

I'm trying to learn how to do this but I don't know how much success I'm having.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 am

Karin wrote:For Joanie:

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 3le3mqzg64kmedium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 3le3mqzg64kmedium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 3le3mqzg64k

The "forum's translation" maybe looks like:

"xxx"

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 809779

Karin, going to bed now. In my own bed!

Where are you,Karin......we haven't seen you for a while....medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 588401

Joanie x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 am

SeaCharms wrote:I'm trying to learn how to do this but I don't know how much success I'm having.

Mediumship Seacharms?

You are welcome to set up a 'practice' thread here as long as you make it clear from the outset that you are wanting to practice, I think it is important to give budding mediums a platform amongst friends and like minded people who will be understanding.

Is anyone working with you to develop this?

SeaCharms
    SeaCharms

Female

Post  SeaCharms Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 am

Violet wrote:
    SeaCharms wrote:I'm trying to learn how to do this but I don't know how much success I'm having.

Mediumship Seacharms?

You are welcome to set up a 'practice' thread here as long as you make it clear from the outset that you are wanting to practice, I think it is important to give budding mediums a platform amongst friends and like minded people who will be understanding.

Is anyone working with you to develop this?

No, no one is working with me. I like doing the photo reads, only for fun. I'm not going to read for anyone in a serious manner because I'm not really sure mediumship can even be developed? I thought it was something you were either born with or not? I still like to do the photo reads regardless.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm

I would love you to read,SeaCharms.

I am sure you would be very good with it.

If I can put a picture up here,I would love you to try....medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 21581

Joanie
    SeaCharms
    SeaCharms

Female

Post  SeaCharms Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh sorry, I meant mediumship reads that are photo's of places where people have passed on, I've tried that doing on several different forums now and I must say I don't have much luck! once in awhile I will get it right but most likely by sheer luck!

Someone once told me that you can develop psychic ability but not mediumship because it's either something you are born with or not. I'm not sure of this, maybe someone on here knows if this is true?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 pm

I believe we are all born with the ability and that babies and children aged four and under see spirits far more clearly than an adult can because their minds are not full of worries, I believe this ability often becomes lost, they start school mix with peers suddenly their little minds become quite full with learning new experiences and such, often you may hear of children with 'imaginary friends'even well beyond the age of four I believe it is these who retain their abilities (more so than the others) but it can be reawakened at any point during your life, anyone who has suffered trauma may become aware of spirits.

How often have you heard 'I thought i saw something last night but it must have been imagination' or 'I felt something sit on my bed but i must have been dreaming' i'd say a good 90% of spirit communication is put down to 'imagination' people are afraid to believe, or simply believe they can't possibly do it.

A lot of communication happens in dreams too.

All that said mediumship is not for everyone and it can often take years of development, no medium is ever 'fully developed' we are forever learning and encountering new experiences, i'd seriously look into development Seacharms you may just surprise yourself :bfs:

SeaCharms
    SeaCharms

Female

Post  SeaCharms Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 am

I've gotten communication in dreams, my dreams used to be much more vivid than they have been recently and I'm not sure why this is. I used to have people who've passed come to me and also conversations with my spirit guides etc but lately (past few months or so) my dream life had been really quite dull.

I'd like to develop it so it's nice to hear that I can still have a chance at it :)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 am

Hi Seacharms i've only just seen this post, slip a piece of rose quartz under your pillow see if it helps , also I find I dream less or remember less if I have a lot going on in my daily life.

jamesdennison2003
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2015-03-27

medium - Do you have any tips or advice on becoming a medium? - Page 2 Empty Advice for developing mediums

Post  jamesdennison2003 Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Hey, just seen this teaser online, might be of interest to members, looks very interesting. Its about a developing medium and his life story. The facebook page is very informative too. May help people in their development and also people who have a lot of questions may find answers.

Its called Memoirs of a Medium, its on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrkpiy-74Cw
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Spammer above - 
    Moderator please?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:57 am