Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
QuietCypher
feather
peaceandkarma
Violet
Lynn
shayn
FaerieofYouth
11 posters

Mixing Religions/What am I...?

FaerieofYouth
    FaerieofYouth
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2011-07-30

Mixing Religions/What am I...? Empty Mixing Religions/What am I...?

Post  FaerieofYouth Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:24 am

I couldn't figure out whether to post in the 'Feeling lost' section or here, so I decided to just post here anyway. I posted my introduction a little bit ago and I think I was supposed to post my concerns in some of the other forums so forgive me... I was just trying to post why I'm on here. So here it goes...

I believe in God. I don't attend church... I haven't felt a church that I like or feel at home going to. I really want to get my spiritual path straight. I believe in Faeries and I use Brian Froud's tarot deck... I believe in Astrology and things of that nature.. So, what AM I? Can religions be mixed and if so,what religion would this be considered if there is one...? New Age Christianity? Christianity Spiritualism? Or am I just considered Spiritual/myself with no religion but a relationship with God rather..?I believe in Angels, Demons, Karma, and Reincarnation (to some degree) ... and I find some of the things in the bible to be just a little contradicting in some aspects.. I also believe I'm an Indigo Child/Adult and would love to meet others like me. I have such a hard time finding people to remotely relate to. It would be nice to make some new friends. Thank you for reading. -Sarah
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Mixing Religions/What am I...? Empty Re: Mixing Religions/What am I...?

Post  shayn Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:46 am

how about stop looking for a definition for yourself and just be who you are? does it really matter what type of "religion" you are? practice what you truly believe in, if necessary create your own rituals and prayers. when you be you, truly you, you will find people like you, but as long as you are lost, you are lost on the inside as well and you will never find a place of your liking. and yes, maybe you will never find a place of your liking, but you will be yourself and i can promise you that you will find others like you to share your believes and thoughts and feelings.

S
    FaerieofYouth
    FaerieofYouth
    Just joined

Female

Post  FaerieofYouth Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks for the input... That's my problem too... Being myself. I would like to go to some sort of church where I can belong just to feel a little better about going and still practice my beliefs, even if I don't I'm going to try and take your advise. Alas, I have never truly accepted myself for who I am... I really really need to at some point.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:29 pm

i know it is not easy to be yourself when you are lost and not sure about anything. and i understand your need for some outside support. know that all will come in good time. take it day by day and work on being yourself and understanding what you want to be and how.
    and i know we are not like real people you can have coffee with, but we are here and this is really a great place with very kind and loving people who will help you and support you. :ghug:

s
    FaerieofYouth
    FaerieofYouth
    Just joined

Female

Post  FaerieofYouth Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:58 pm

I appreciate your kind words more than you know. Mixing Religions/What am I...? 15910 I know it'll take time and I have the patience hehe. Everyone on here seems to be very kind which is why I joined. Mixing Religions/What am I...? 101500 I think I feel a little better already. :]
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:25 am

Hello

That is an age old question and one I have simly for self come to put as "Lynn Just Me Just Lynn" that is what it says on me business cards. THEN in small print goes the "titles" that one seems to need in life to tell other's what one does.

Man if anyone has mixed Religions in life's path then that be ME. From one Pole to the opposite Pole in the Light and in the Dark paths. To come to a wonderous place of acceptance and peace with it all. While I do not walk with God, as I can nor prove or disprove in God I have come to embrace God. One does not I feel have to hold any Religion in one's house to have acceptance in Religion.

I so LOVe to read and learn about all Faiths and Religions and Healings ext.....and take something possitive from all of them that might well call to me. I work with Spirit and I write at times for a Chiristian Site.....but I not be Christian but I am embraced there for the understandings I have. The World I so feel is starting to see we are all ONE and that we can all LOVe on that level of beleifs and still stay pure to whom we are.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:37 pm

I have quite a mixed thing going on too, no religion as such, i'm just me, I used to consider myself a Spiritualist but i'm not so sure about that anymore.
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:15 am

I would say just be yourself, a free spirit as there is no need to pigeon hole yourself. Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210
    FaerieofYouth
    FaerieofYouth
    Just joined

Female

Post  FaerieofYouth Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 am

Mixing Religions/What am I...? 101500 Yeah I'm going to be myself... I have no shame in that what-so-ever. Just sometimes it can be a little difficult for me because I haven't truly loved myself since my self-esteem sucks. I know in time I'll get there. As for as religion, yeah being a free spirit sounds about right.. I mean I can be a Christian, but still have other things to believe in... It's nice to see some people can relate and that I know I'm not alone. :]
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:49 am

I just 'do my own thing' too, no religion. I find it fits me much better than trying to live with doctrines and rules, and I can change my ideas and beliefs any time I feel is right...we all change as we grow and our beliefs change with us.
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:27 am

FaerieofYouth wrote:Mixing Religions/What am I...? 101500 Yeah I'm going to be myself... I have no shame in that what-so-ever. Just sometimes it can be a little difficult for me because I haven't truly loved myself since my self-esteem sucks. I know in time I'll get there. As for as religion, yeah being a free spirit sounds about right.. I mean I can be a Christian, but still have other things to believe in... It's nice to see some people can relate and that I know I'm not alone. :]

I would suggest reading about Buddhism, as it is inward looking. Meditation can help with self-esteem issuses, it works for me. Hopefully one day everyone will be a free spirit. Now I'm going to put a load of them funny looking yellow things running around to cheer you up.

Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210 Mixing Religions/What am I...? 242210

They cheered me up.
    QuietCypher
    QuietCypher

Male
    Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2013-11-20

Post  QuietCypher Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 pm

FaerieofYouth wrote:I couldn't figure out whether to post in the 'Feeling lost' section or here, so I decided to just post here anyway. I posted my introduction a little bit ago and I think I was supposed to post my concerns in some of the other forums so forgive me... I was just trying to post why I'm on here. So here it goes...

I believe in God. I don't attend church... I haven't felt a church that I like or feel at home going to. I really want to get my spiritual path straight. I believe in Faeries and I use Brian Froud's tarot deck... I believe in Astrology and things of that nature.. So, what AM I? Can religions be mixed and if so,what religion would this be considered if there is one...? New Age Christianity? Christianity Spiritualism? Or am I just considered Spiritual/myself with no religion but a relationship with God rather..?I believe in Angels, Demons, Karma, and Reincarnation (to some degree) ... and I find some of the things in the bible to be just a little contradicting in some aspects.. I also believe I'm an Indigo Child/Adult and would love to meet others like me. I have such a hard time finding people to remotely relate to. It would be nice to make some new friends. Thank you for reading. -Sarah
    Believing in God does not require going to church. Your a Gnostic... :)
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi Sarah, I agree with what's being said here, We can be Spiritual without being religious.

:angelx:
    LorriePaige
    LorriePaige

Female
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : Life Coach/Collecting good luck items, bookmarks and costume bracelets
    Registration date : 2015-06-17

Post  LorriePaige Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:44 am

I understand what the OP is saying though. To find kindred spirits is good; a group who relates to your spiritual beliefs and speaks the same language. Just being oneself in one's own spiritual beliefs can get lonely for some people. I'm pretty much a loner but I do understand the need to socialize with others of a like mind sometimes in person and not just on a computer.

Unitarian Universalist is a place where a lot of spiritual/pagans go to. Although I'm first and foremost Wiccan, I enjoy going to church there every Sunday (I don't belong to a coven or Wiccan study group), listening to a wonderful choir, and listening to beautiful, spiritual (non-preachy), interfaith sermons.

I'm not sure if the OP wants to join a church, just knowing the fact that there are others out there who share the same spiritual path is a good feeling.
    The road to light
    Just joined

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2015-07-07

Mixing Religions/What am I...? Empty The road to light

Post  The road to light Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:53 am

Then,how about Islam.Muslims Are relaxed and very peaceful.Just look into the real Islam not in the media.Islam brings you happiness that can not be described.Also,it makes you in the straight path.Im saying this out of experience.Just read the Quran.Read about the real Islam,believe me,there will be no regret.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 am