Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
feather
Violet
6 posters

How do they come through to us?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How do they come through to us? Empty How do they come through to us?

Post  Violet Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:54 pm

We talk a lot about how we, and mediums get through to spirits, but how do you think it works from their side? Do they look around for a medium in the same way we do, do they gossip about mediums and say 'oooh such and such got me through to my daughter last week she's really good?'

Last edited by Violet on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

How do they come through to us? Empty Re: How do they come through to us?

Post  feather Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:46 pm

Maybe it is still part of the energy attraction process. For every 'need' there is a 'result' and if they come together, the pathway is the best that is possible for that need to be met.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 am

Violet wrote:We talk a lot about how we, and mediums get through to spirits, but how do you think it works from their side? Do they look around for a medium in the same way we do, do they gossip about mediums and say 'oooh such and such got me through to my daughter last week she's really good?'

:giggles: Violet. What a vision!

Spirits from what I have heard are attracted to a medium by their light, so maybe the intensity of light reveals something about the medium which draws some spirits to them. Much like we usually listen to other people's comments about a medium's reputation before we seek them out ourselves. I remember hearing of a physical medium who used to drink alcohol, before they sat. One spirit person came through and mentioned feeling strange, no doubt due to the effects of the alcohol. I will add that drinking alcohol before sitting is definitely not to be recommended.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Had a small chuckle there,Skye.

How do they come through to us? 809779

Ken was a good medium but had to be coerced to giving messages now and then.

A small tot of brandy usually did the job.

At Xmas time,he used to be in full flow.

How do they come through to us? 368832
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Violet wrote:We talk a lot about how we, and mediums get through to spirits, but how do you think it works from their side? Do they look around for a medium in the same way we do, do they gossip about mediums and say 'oooh such and such got me through to my daughter last week she's really good?'

I often wondered that,Violet.

If it was the same there as here.

Often wondered why I don't get many messages from hubby these days.

He was always a very polite man,can just see him standing in the queue saying to anyone behind him 'You go first,you've waited a long time,I can wait!'

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello

I know that I have had Spirits sent to me other Spirits. I know that one that is with me Father Paul ( whom was assigned to me and choose to stay in contact after his work was done ) does bring to me Earth Bound one's at times. I too know that me Dad does in the same at times. I know well those energies.

I have to think its the Light or energy they feel. I know that I have worked with some lost Earth Bound for a very very long time and they have found a path to me VIA what I have on TV at times. Me kids are one's to always have Discovery Channel on and many times there is a "Mayday" show on. From that comes their energy to me....for help.

I am told its like a Lighthouse Beakon that is sent out from those Medium's that are like me that RUN open to whom ever might need them. NOT all do run open and if I am to be honest its not for all do to. I have walked a darker path in life than most would choose too so that place does not bother me. I trust in the Guides I have and I work protected but not in fear.

I too have started to work closely with another Medium and we are going to start to do some JOINT Platform Nights.....two different ways of connection but our energies mesh. I think that has to be key for trust from Spirit.

Lynn

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:02 pm

How do they come through to us? 21581

He was always a very polite man,can just see him standing in the queue saying to anyone behind him 'You go first,you've waited a long time,I can wait!'

I can well imagine some of them waiting to come through, and also those who are nervous or even those who can't quite believe they are able to, it will all be very new and bewildering to some, people who don't believe as we do and thought death was the end.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:05 pm

I am told its like a Lighthouse Beakon that is sent out from those Medium's that are like me that RUN open to whom ever might need them.

I've heard that too Lynn and that they simply 'look for the light'.

skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Joanie wrote:Had a small chuckle there,Skye.

A small tot is different from having a few. I do understand it can help one to relax but on the downside I know someone who drank a few and what information they gave caused some concern for the sitter. A situation i'd rather not place myself in.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Violet wrote:

I can well imagine some of them waiting to come through, and also those who are nervous or even those who can't quite believe they are able to, it will all be very new and bewildering to some, people who don't believe as we do and thought death was the end.

Thank you,Violet.

I still miss him so much.

How do they come through to us? 753319
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm

skye wrote:
    Joanie wrote:Had a small chuckle there,Skye.

A small tot is different from having a few. I do understand it can help one to relax but on the downside I know someone who drank a few and what information they gave caused some concern for the sitter. A situation i'd rather not place myself in.

He was never a drinker,Skye,never deliberately drank to bring spirit through.

How do they come through to us? 160943
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Joan, I wasn't suggesting Ken was a drinker or used alcohol with the intention of bringing spirits through. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:02 pm

skye wrote:Joan, I wasn't suggesting Ken was a drinker or used alcohol with the intention of bringing spirits through. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post.

No worries,Skye.

I didn't even think that.

Mostly at Xmas,he always liked his tot of brandy and when the family were there,they used to encourage him so of course off he went.How do they come through to us? 809779

Joanie xx
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:00 pm

That's good to hear Joan.

Christmas holds a number of bittersweet memories for me. I suppose it does for many people. xx
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:47 pm

I often wonder why so many people pass at Xmas time or just after.

He fought to live until April 2006 because that would have been our 25th wedding anniversary.

But passed over before that.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:33 pm

I often wonder why so many people pass at Xmas time or just after.

Hi Joanie, it doesn't sound nice but so many winter ailments are about, the cold weather, people are more likely to slip over and such which can result in complications such as pnuemonia, also i'm not saying this is always the case but often anniversaries which happen around holidays and celebrations are more keenly felt and remembered, made sadder (if that's possible) because of the time period they passed in.How do they come through to us? 21581

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 pm

He fought to live until April 2006 because that would have been our 25th wedding anniversary.

But passed over before that.

Sorry to hear that Joanie i'm sure he was with you in spiritHow do they come through to us? 21581

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks Violet.How do they come through to us? 21581
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Do you know Violet I've never thought about how spirits select mediums, but it's definitely a good question.I've just returned home to Spain after working in the UK for the past couple of years. During that time I went to the local spiritualist church in Bude, whilst there I never got any messages at all from my parents even though both the friends I went with got quite a few. I will admit that Iwas a little put out about it. Now having read what others have put here I'm wondering if my parents are a little like Joannie's Ken, too polite to push in.

As we are told that our loved ones are with us most of the time and know just what we're going through I just assumed that they would know that I was attending a meeting. Perhaps they just didn't have any messages for me.

How do they come through to us? 449294
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:14 pm

I think there is a lot more involved than coming through any medium,Maureen.

They have to find a medium who they can connect with and able to bring their message through.

I have read quite a lot about this but don't understand it completely myself.

it's a very involved subject.

Hopefully Skye may be on site today (member) and can explain better than I can.

Skye is well versed in Mediumship.

(Runs for the hillsHow do they come through to us? 809779 )
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:21 pm

As we are told that our loved ones are with us most of the time and know just what we're going through I just assumed that they would know that I was attending a meeting.

I think they would know, I know sometimes people\ have asked their loved ones to come through at these meetings before they attend them, some say it works some say it doesn't. I think I posted a little further back in this thread that i've also heard the messages go to those whose need is greatest, to me that would explain a lot.

It is a bit strange how some people seem to get a message every single time they go while others go years without one.How do they come through to us? 229495

skye

Female

Post  skye Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Run for the hills indeed. How do they come through to us? 809779 Thanks for the vote of confidence Joan. I suspect though that there are a number of members on this site who can share their experiences of how a spirit communicator connects with a medium.

I can only speak of my experience as a Spiritualist, along with the teaching I've received, and as you are aware not every medium is a Spiritualist, nor do they have to be. With mental mediumship a spirit will lower their level of vibration to blend with those of a medium, so a two way link, or mind to mind link can be established. Should a medium not have enough energy (power) to attune with a spirit's vibration the channel of communication will be vague and bitty.

Spirit are aware of when a private sitting or demonstration is going to take place and they choose which spirit will communicate with a medium. Usually a message is for those people whose need is greater than that of another. A medium needs to be in control of their mediumship because there are times when some spirit's push their way in and attempt to take over the communication, although it's usual for the spirit guide to ensure a medium is not bombarded with more than one communicator at a time.

I have heard - but as far as I am aware have never experienced that some spirit's are attracted to a medium's energy. I can only presume this is via their spiritual light which reveals a person's true character to those in the spirit world. If it is one that does not favour a spirit communicators, the choice may well be theirs to look for a medium who is more compatible to their needs in relaying information or evidence of their survival to their loved ones in the physical world.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 pm

I think that is what new comers to spiritualism fear,Skye.

Especially new mediums,feeling too many from the spirit world are trying to make contact at the same time.

I am not a medium but sometimes as I have remarked in the past,I hear voices as I am dropping off to sleep. A jumble of words of which I can make no sense.

That was interesting,Skye,bless you!

skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Joan, I have found - especially over the internet - that people need to sort the wheat from the chaff from the vast amount of misleading information which is being spread around on a number of forums. If bad things can happen as claimed by some people, I'm sure there would be no mediums anywhere in the world. No sane person would ever put their lives in dangerous situations, it just doesn't make any sense.

Most people try to run before they can crawl let alone walk. I can understand this, I was once the same. Linking into the spirit world and maintaining that link long enough for a evidential message takes hard work and lots of practice. A teacher can take you only so far on your spiritual journey, it's a spirit guide who develops and unfolds ones mediumship, but some people can't or don't want to listen, which I find so sad.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 pm

I can understand that,Skye.

Most admit I have been told so many variations of the spirit world,I really do not know what to believe.

Also the subject of mediumship.

Some say to just let ourselves relax,spirit will come through!

Some say we need to do this,that or the other.

I say spirit will come through when they are ready to do so.

Am I correct?

I was told once that I block spirit without realising it but I am not aware of that.

Perhaps that is the reason they use the half sleeping hours to make themselves known to me.

I feel I am improving in spirit contact but so slowly.

I do need to relax more,I am aware of that.

What I can't understand is how a few days after Ken's passing,he came through to me so easily so why not now?

My question is,why do the contacts from spirit become less after a longer time in spirit?

Could I liken it to two friends who have moved a distance from each other and the friendship which was very close now widens because of longer distance between them?

How do they come through to us? 182340

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 am