Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SpiritVoices
Lynn
Violet
7 posters

Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? Empty Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ?

Post  Violet Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Do you think mediums are chosen by the spirit world, hand picked if you like, is this why only some develop mediumship and others don't, no matter how much they work for it and want it?

The fact that there are unscrupulous ones out there would suggest not, but perhaps these too are hand chosen to keep some kind of balance?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? Empty Re: Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ?

Post  Lynn Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Hello

Interesting question. I feel that "Gifts" are assigned to one when they come in but a lot of that too I find runs along a family history that one can trace. I know that WHILE no one in mine would talk on it I have been able to piece together aspects that show me how strong it was on me Dad's side. The times were just not there to discuss it openly is all.

As a Medium was I choosen to be this....being that I am what is called a natural Medium in that I have not had to learn or seek out HOW to access what I am, I guess I was pre destined to be whom I am. NOW that said we have something called FREE WILL to shut it down in early childhood. I have noted that all children seem to have a sensitivty to them but if its not set along some path to GROW by the age of 6 most is gone. For me it stayed....maybe becasue I could see and talk to them and was willing to do so. I had no real frineds around.

As for the bad one's ( I would not go to say any are truly bad ) more that their path is leading them on a different road of learning . Like with all things there are the possitives and there are the negatives that come to us for lessons we have to learn. It is something that can be "learned" and in that place can sadly be faked. The easiest way is via reading the body languge and feediing off of that. Sensing the change in voice pitch, and using that....ext ext

I recently had one at the All Messag Night I co hosted that so did not beleive in Mediums and was "dragged" there by his wife. When I asked to come to him with a message his arms were tightly crossed and he was dozing in and out....he went what whom me....really me....I was like yes is that OK ? It was ok and he was stunned at whom I had come thought and the physical act he would do in feeling Spirit there. Few days later I run ito them in the parking lot and he goes to me OMG ye are so good and so real. That felt really good to hear.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? Empty Re: Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ?

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 am

What a lovely compliment,Lynn.

Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? 21581

I too believe that mediumship runs in the family.

My great grandmother was a medium but I may have inherited a certain sensitivity in that area but not to strong mediumship.

As for being 'chosen' not sure about that.

I would like to know though.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Violet wrote:Do you think mediums are chosen by the spirit world, hand picked if you like, is this why only some develop mediumship and others don't, no matter how much they work for it and want it?

The fact that there are unscrupulous ones out there would suggest not, but perhaps these too are hand chosen to keep some kind of balance?

As folk may know I'm not one for personal belief about spiritual issues but on this matter I don't recall any guidance from teachers or guides.

My thoughts are that it's only after a certain amount of spiritual evolvement that our soul has the attributes needed to be a medium. How, where, why and when these attributes develop I don't have a clue.

I don't think that individuals are selected because that would negate free will but it may be that individuals with developing sensitivity are approached inspirit to see if they would like to act as mediums. Perhaps then they are helped by their personal helpers to hone the 'skills' needed?

As for those who are less-than-reputable in their approach well I'd put that down to the many flaws which are to be found in humankind rather than an attempt by our discarnate friends to achieve a level of balance between 'good uns' and 'bad uns'. Maybe the necessary sensitivity develops in some individuals who still 'have a way to go' spiritually? They may then give in to the temptation to behave less well than they ought.

It's often reported that there are familial connections with mediumship but without proper data this may be nothing more than speculation.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:01 pm

but it may be that individuals with developing sensitivity are approached inspirit to see if they would like to act as mediums.

Hi Mac yes I think you could be onto something here.

I don't think that individuals are selected because that would negate free will
    but they would have the free will to turn their back on it, many do.
    As for those who are less-than-reputable in their approach well I'd put that down to the many flaws which are to be found in humankind
    Yes that is certainly true.Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? 821538

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:11 pm

chosen by the spirit world, if my higher self, prior to my conception agreed to some spiritual contract to be privy to this stuff, which is sometimes dangerous, can i whack her a good one? Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:46 am

Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? 809779

Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:38 am

My first instinct says mediumship resides in the good old family genes, but then I think of stories where someone has a near death experience and all of a sudden they possess some sort of ability--- whether psychic, seeing spirits, hearing them, seeing auras, becoming an empath, etc.

I'm not sure they're chosen though. It's probably just a roll of the dice... sometimes. Actually, I'm not really sure it's so black-and-white. Maybe some are chosen, and others are just lucky (or "cursed," depending on their personal viewpoint Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? 114597 ).
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:49 pm

(or "cursed," depending on their personal viewpoint Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? 114597 ).

I'm sure some see it as exactly that.Do you think mediums are 'chosen' ? 15910

Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:37 am

can only speak for myself. runs in the family. my mother through her grandmother. in all of myself and my sisters. and also in my daughter who has seen spirit at a very early age. she is 21 and is now developing. im in my 40s and had experiences right through childhood. iv only just started developing. but i always did have premonitions that came through. i used to say it before it'd happen and then it'd be on tv eg train crash :-( so i cant say if individual people have it, i can only speak for myself and in my family it runs through us all. even as a 2 week old baby my mum already knew my daughter had the gift x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 pm

I can see it in babies/children sometimes, it's not inherited in my case (as far as I know,) but I know it's in some younger family members, unless it skipped a few generations years back.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm