Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Monte Sano Mountain

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Monte Sano Mountain Empty Monte Sano Mountain

Post  Carolyn Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Today we prepared for our move to the Tennessee Smoky Mountains, by saying goodbye in our way to the mountain that I grew up on... Monte Sano. It will always hold a special place in my heart, because my days in early childhood were spent on the peak, walking the trails with my family (first tread by pioneers Louis and Clark 250 years ago), and riding horses. Adam had never been to the park, despite the fact that our apartment is on Monte Sano, just a mile below its peak.

As we drove up the mountain, he began to feel it pulling, calling him on a cellular level. The air smelled so crisp and clean, the leaves rustling and filled with colors, the fresh water that seeps from the rocks, and the wildlife that is everywhere - we got a visit from some predatory bird at the peak, a red-tail hawk I believe. When we were checking out the view from the skyline, it came and checked US out!

The view from the cabin area (we didn't rent a cabin, just drove down the road that is lined with them).

Monte Sano Mountain Dsci0210

Adam mesmerized with the view from atop...

Monte Sano Mountain Adamms10

This bird, hawk or something predatory, that came and flew right up into a tree right next to us, after giving us a display that left us both breathless.

Monte Sano Mountain Dsci0211

Once we got to the main area, we parked the car, go out and walked across the acre or so of woodlands to get to the next viewpoint. What you cant see in this picture below is that on our way to the trail, as we walked through the woods, Adam started running - like a schoolboy! Normally he can't even walk without limping, both of his hips are eaten up with avascular necrosis. The whole experience was so healing, for him and me both. By the time we got to the trail he got cold and zipped up, LOL. Our dog LOVED the walk in all the leaves with the squirrels and smells and sounds.

Monte Sano Mountain Dsci0212

Monte Sano Mountain Dsci0213

Monte Sano Mountain Dsci0214

I'm s glad Adam got to feel the energy there. We stood at the top and held each other and looked north, and saw the Great Smokies, and knew that we were gazing upon our new home. We'll be living there by the end of next week! Monte Sano Mountain 331509
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Monte Sano Mountain Empty Re: Monte Sano Mountain

Post  Violet Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Wow Carolyn those pictures are beautiful i'd love to live in a place so picturesque, I hope the move is not too stressful for you bothMonte Sano Mountain 21581

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm