Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
SpiritVoices
Detlef
millergrls
Auras123
eyeopen
WishingMel
skye
mac
Lynn
paula
Violet
15 posters

What is a medium?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

medium - What is a medium? - Page 2 Empty What is a medium?

Post  Violet Tue May 26, 2009 11:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

A medium is a person who is psychic and also has the ability to communicate with spirits, (but not all psychic's are mediums.)
    Mediums may also be described as 'channels' or 'channellers.'

The word medium means:
  • a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
  • an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
    someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead; "he consulted several mediums"

There are many more meanings for the word medium but the above three highlight why this word was chosen for a medium.
    A medium 'picks up' information from the spirit world by several means, some will use only one of the following, but many use a combination of the following:
    Clairvoyance: literally means 'clear seeing' and refers to mediums who see spirits, they may see them in solid form or see them psychically, they may recieve messages as symbols which they then need to interpret and pass on to their client.
    Clairaudience: this literally means clear hearing and refers to mediums who hear spirits, they may hear the voices of the actual spirit, or hear them in their own voice, often this 'hearing' is heard in thought form, yet others hear very clearly and directly in their ear.
    Clairsentience: This is probably the commonest of the the three and means clear sensing or feeling, this is when the medium picks up on a spirit's feelings or 'senses' spirits.

• Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    cleisis
    cleisis

Female
    Number of posts : 47
    Job/hobbies : Reiki,readings,care giver,runes,oracles,crystals..
    Registration date : 2013-03-01

medium - What is a medium? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a medium?

Post  cleisis Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Love this! Well written!
    stealthfire
    stealthfire

Male
    Number of posts : 14
    Job/hobbies : golf reading playstation gamer
    Registration date : 2013-04-22

Post  stealthfire Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 am

just type in mediumship on google look at the Wikipedia the free encyclopedia it will explain it for you..
    stealthfire
    stealthfire

Male

Post  stealthfire Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:47 am

millergrls wrote:I have been told that a channeler is someone who totaly gives up themselves t spirit and it could be dangerous

if your in good health and sound in mind then it is not dangerous as you are in control of who you let use your bodies functions in order for communication to take place in this way. meaning if you feel a negative entity wants to use you through deep trance then you can choose to say yes or no and I know I would say no even though it probably would be ok..
    stealthfire
    stealthfire

Male

Post  stealthfire Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 am

stealthfire wrote:
    millergrls wrote:I have been told that a channeler is someone who totaly gives up themselves t spirit and it could be dangerous

if your in good health and sound in mind then it is not dangerous as you are in control of who you let use your bodies functions in order for communication to take place in this way. meaning if you feel a negative entity wants to use you through deep trance then you can choose to say yes or no and I know I would say no even though it probably would be ok..
    ps. its physical mediumship that is dangerous to the medium he or she can not be touched and it is only performed under strict conditions. its a rare form of mediumship involving ectoplasm.
    stealthfire
    stealthfire

Male

Post  stealthfire Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:16 am

WishingMel wrote:Hi Lynn, thanks for sharing your opinion above regarding physical and mental mediumship. You have a very interesting view, I agree with all. xx
    Physical mediumship offers the highest form of proof of life after death whereby those who have passed on are able to re-appear in solid form, exactly as they were when they lived on the earth. This is done with a physical medium, a person that has developed the ability to produce large amounts of ectoplasm from the physical body. This allows a spirit person to re-form their physical body just as it was on earth, warts and all. When I say warts and all, spirits appearing in physical mediumship can have any defects that they had on their body, such as missing fingers, scars, and so on. These defects give an added proof to a loved one, who knows that the person is who they say they are, and no fraud is taking place. Physical mediumship is done in darkness usually with a low red light or blue light.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 am

PM is something I would love to observe. Have read many accounts of demonstrations.

Look on the net for Noah's Arc Society,the NAS. Well worth reading.

Joanie
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 am

The NAS was disbanded around summer 2004 to the best of my recall, due to a lack of interest.

There's still a website presence and contact page at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/annetts/ark/contact.htm
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 pm

mac wrote:The NAS was disbanded around summer 2004 to the best of my recall, due to a lack of interest.

There's still a website presence and contact page at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/annetts/ark/contact.htm

I wasn't aware of that,Mac. Thank you for offering other information.

stealthfire
    stealthfire

Male

Post  stealthfire Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Joanie wrote:PM is something I would love to observe. Have read many accounts of demonstrations.

Look on the net for Noah's Arc Society,the NAS. Well worth reading.

Joanie
    ive book mark from them I use to buy books from nas lol I got leslie flint book and others I know about these..
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Leslie Flint's book,fantastic....

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:57 pm

mac wrote:The NAS was disbanded around summer 2004 to the best of my recall, due to a lack of interest.

Some good quotes in there,especially about the poor dog.

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:41 pm

How can we know the difference between, mediumship or like eg when the get ideas into our head, our own minds and others etc?
    People see things in meditation so how can they tell the diffence between the things you see and things from mediumship. Also like how can you tell difference between old memories, or things we just heard in subconcious etc?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:00 pm

That is a question I cannot answer,Eyeopen.

I know what I see and what I hear but cannot speak for others....

Joanie
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:49 pm

But how do you know where it comes from is my question? Your guides? higher self, other spirits etc?
    stealthfire
    stealthfire

Male

Post  stealthfire Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 pm

well my friend when communication from spirit takes place between the medium and the spirit realm you know the information does not come from yourself it is like chatting with your best friend. meaning you know its coming from him or her and not yourself as for seeing things in mind well it becomes ever sharper and stronger in ones mind than normal imagination or thoughts its foreign to ones thoughts while in a light trance called (altered state of consciousness) bit like when you read a book and your mind wanders away from the page as you start day dreaming then you suddenly realise that you have missed what you had been reading and had to go back few pages to re-read your page well its that day dream area which is a light trance were communication with spirit is possible but only if spirit is there and wanting to chat to you as we cannot force communication without there presence and commitment to communicate.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:01 am

Thatnks Stealthfire, Not sure your about now, lol.

Thanks to V and all those who wrote on this thread, Im stil confused, but I guess Its time I start to read up more.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:05 pm

What is the main difference between a medium and a psychic?
    The main difference between a Medium and a Psychic is that a Psychic can draw information from your aura, which can provide knowledge about both current and future events, whereas a Medium is the conduit between the physical world and the spirit world. A Medium works on a different level than a psychic and usually offers a different type of information. Every Medium is psychic but not every Psychic is a medium. A Medium is passive, more like a telephone than an active participant whereas a Psychic plays an active part in getting the information.
    Everyone is psychic to greater or lesser extent and these abilities can be developed with practise. A medium has developed their psychic sensitivities to the point where they can sense presences, receive and accurately interpret messages, and relay information, healing and assistance from Spirit.
    A Medium is a person who has the ability of receiving information by contacting someone who has passed to the spirit world. The information a Medium relays may describe personality traits and physical characteristics of the person in spirit that is communicating through the Medium to the sitter. The information may include memories of the life they shared together on earth, details of how they passed into spirit or references to the spirits' knowledge of the sitter’s earth life now. Unlike a Psychic, the information that comes through to the Medium is not picked up through the person who is still living.
    Mediumship is more than just delivering messages, it’s about the confirmation that our ‘spirit’ lives on, once we leave our physical bodies and that we are still connected to those who have passed on before us. A Medium simply repeats the conversation that he is having with the spirit world back to the sitter. So unlike a Psychic, nothing that a Medium gives is based on their personal feelings, impressions, or intuition, because a Medium is totally removed from the reading. A Medium is an instrument for the spirit world or a voice on earth for spirit.
    A Psychic is a person who reads the energies either around a person or a place and they often use tools to help establish a link. They are sensitive to the auric fields of people and latent energies and impressions left on inanimate objects and places. They are able to pick up on detailed parts of a person’s life and will normally give information relating to our personal life such as our job, our personal relationships, family and friends, or our home. A Psychic may use psychometry such as holding something like car keys, or watch or a ring and give a reading based on the vibrations or impressions that they pick up from them. They might also use tarot cards and give a Tarot reading based on the images and impressions that they see in the cards. A Psychic does not possess the ability to see or communicate with Spirit. A Medium must never use tools of any description when linking with Spirit.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Excellent.....let's see what else you know....
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks, thats impressive, although soem wat confusing, so all mediums have the ability to read auras?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Everyone can learn to see auras, Eye.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Eye know, but read them like psychics?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Yep
    dream jo
    dream jo

Female
    Number of posts : 1154
    Job/hobbies : art sky gazzins
    Registration date : 2015-06-06

Post  dream jo Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:07 pm

took me yrs 
    to no im not mad
    i wz i am spirtlyy giftedd by god
    i sea spirtss
    wisperin 
    spirtss
    evn bean told be
    medims
    thy sea medim in me

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:04 pm