Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Meditation and pain

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Meditation and pain Empty Meditation and pain

Post  Violet Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm

If you suffer chronic pain, such as arthritis for example are there methods of meditating when the pain is at it's worse? I'm sure i've heard or read of a way where you kind of ride the waves of pain in a semi meditative state anyone heard of anything similar?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Topaz
    Topaz

Female
    Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Meditation and pain Empty Re: Meditation and pain

Post  Topaz Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:39 am

I don't know of any specific methods that I have read, but I do suffer chronic pain and I can block it completely, but only for short periods as it wipes me out somehow. I sort of imagine the pain melting away into a pleasant warmth, whilst I'm in the meditation zone. It can deal with intense pain - I used it when I had my kids and managed with no pain relief.
    I suppose it's a form of self hypnosis, which is fine, just as long as I don't tell myself to cluck like a chicken Meditation and pain 809779
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:30 am

I had an uncle who believed in meditation for pain.
    When he was in raf,he was stationed in India and was taught how to meditate to keep pain at bay.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:04 pm

I have found meditation relieves pain both during a session and for sometime afterwards. I liken it to a medium going on the podium to do a service, all signs of pain and discomfort seem to disappear. As soon as a service is over, the discomfort and pain returns.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:27 pm

When he was in raf,he was stationed in India and was taught how to meditate to keep pain at bay.

Was it the RAF who taught him this Joanie, or was he taught this by an Indian?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Topaz wrote:I don't know of any specific methods that I have read, but I do suffer chronic pain and I can block it completely, but only for short periods as it wipes me out somehow. I sort of imagine the pain melting away into a pleasant warmth, whilst I'm in the meditation zone. It can deal with intense pain - I used it when I had my kids and managed with no pain relief.
    I suppose it's a form of self hypnosis, which is fine, just as long as I don't tell myself to cluck like a chicken Meditation and pain 809779

That's good Topaz, even if it's just for short periods.Meditation and pain 15910

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:31 pm

skye wrote:I have found meditation relieves pain both during a session and for sometime afterwards. I liken it to a medium going on the podium to do a service, all signs of pain and discomfort seem to disappear. As soon as a service is over, the discomfort and pain returns.

Yes i've heard that too about mediums on the podium.

It must be good to keep the pain at bay for a while after too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm