Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Assumpta
feather
Violet
7 posters

A 'familiar'

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

A 'familiar' Empty A 'familiar'

Post  Violet Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 am

Are familiars living animals or spirit animals?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

A 'familiar' Empty Re: A 'familiar'

Post  feather Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 am

I've read that a familiar can be a live animal...mostly a cat....don't know about a spirit animal. I've heard of animal spirits being power animals.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 pm

I always thought that a 'familiar' was a living animal, usually a cat. If that's the case I've got lots as we've got 16 adult cats and 6 kittens atm.

A 'familiar' 160943
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Wow Assumpta, that's a lot of cats...you must love cats. I like cats too but one of the dogs we have, hates cats with a vengence so we don't have any. When the kids were little, we had a ginger cat...he lived to be about 18 years old...and he was a real legend.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual

Post  Assumpta Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:44 pm

You could say that feather A 'familiar' 368832 when we moved to Spain we bought our 4 cats with us. Since then we have lost 2 off them but acquired many more. We think there's a sign at the end of the road which says 'free board and lodgings' A 'familiar' 69938
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Doesn't a cat as a 'familiar' feature in the tales from Salem,in the USA?
    The old witch hunts?

I remember going to see that place when we were on holiday over there,many years ago.
    :asmile:
    Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:14 pm

I heard there are cats everywhere in Spain.

feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:29 pm

And Greece... they love their cats too...when we went there a few years ago...Cats everywhere and in central Athens...in the park just up from Syntagma Square ( don't know if the spelling is correct) ...people leave food and saucers of milk for the stray cats all over the park. We also went to Crete and Santorini and Hydra. I remember sitting watching the fishing boats coming in and then the fishermen sorting the catch on the dock...and the cats just standing around waiting for tit bits to be thrown to them. We rented a little flat on Hydra for a few days, and it was impossible to go outside onto the rooftop deck to have supper and watch the sunset without cats and cats and cats mobbing us and wanting to join us and share!!!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm

A 'familiar' 809779 Can you overdose on cats I wonder, imagine all those fleas if they are strays.

feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Yes the fleas...not a good look! And here in Australia there are native animal conservationists who don't like cats.

They say that wild cats ( there are wild cats in the bush...domestic cats that have gone wild and bred up) eat and kill wildlife and birds...which they do, I suppose. So people can get very nasty towards these cats. Australia has a lot of wild life ...little marsupials, mammals, lizards and birds that are just the right size for a cat to kill. And since cats are an introduced species and Australia didn't have much in the way of predators...the cat has found a very good and rewarding niche food wise.

Many city people keep their cats confined in the house at night and in some places it is law to lock up your cat, so they can't run amuck at night and hunt.

Cats are just being cats...and I can't condemn them for that.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm

We don't have the same laws here, people do tend to leave their cats out overnight, I couldn't bear that and keep mine in at night especially in winter, only allowing them all nighters in summerA 'familiar' 809779

Yeah it's natural for them to hunt but it seems incredibly cruel, I hate it if one of mine brings a bird inA 'familiar' 3197674658 another one of ours brings milk bottle tops inA 'familiar' 809779 I don't mind that.

feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:21 am

I think your bottle top collecting cat might have Bower Bird tendencies!A 'familiar' 809779 ( Bower birds collect all types of anything that is shiny or colourful some like green or silver or white or red....and they build a bower out of grass and use the shiny objects as a lead into the bower to impress the females).
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:39 am

Hello

I thought LOL I had something in the bag of tricks on the computer along this line.....

What is a “Power Animal/Totem Animal/ Animal Familiar?

The term “Totem and Power” animals has its roots in both Native American and Celtic Shamanism. It is said that the animal is one that ye share in a connection to from an interest point of view or one that ye have shared in a past connection with. The Totem animal is said to be with ye for life. Where a “power” animal or (guide animal) is one that comes to ye with a specific lesson for ye. This animal can change over the course of one’s life.

It is though that the most common form of spirit guides takes the form of animals. This is about the connection of the animal in nature and their characteristics that links with you in the physical. A totem is said to be any natural object, animal or being whose energy connects to you in life. What this connection is said to do is help you to connect with essence behind the animal. When ye learn to connect to your totem or power animal ye are said to be able to learn the of nature.

The animal familiar is said to be a “closely acquainted” spirit companion there to serve or even guard a person. This does not have to be an animal in the sense of what the word means. There are said to be four levels of familiars. 1) the physical creature that lives with the human, i.e. pet. 2) Astral creature, animal that travels with one on that plane, for protections. 3) Elemental Spirit, this can tie into jewelry or crystals and can tie into magicks. 4) Spirit of a person that was once living. This is NOT to be confused with possessions ECT….this is a helper spirit.

This is JUST how I came to learn of them….not saying it’s right or wrong…..

Lynn
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 pm

From a little while back

"Engineers working on a reservoir have discovered a 17th century "witches" cottage under a grass mound, complete with a mummified cat sealed in the walls. The cottage, in remarkably good condition, nestles in the shadow of Pendle Hill in Lancashire. Local historians believe it could be the lost Malkin Tower - the site of the notorious meeting of the Pendle Witches on Good Friday 1612. Local archeologist said - it's like discovering your own little Pompeii." Daily Mirror 9/12/2011

A little bit of BritWitch history !
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female

Post  Assumpta Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Wow, that's incredible. I can remember reading about the Pendle Witches. Seems that some of them were not really witches but just caught up in what was happening. Others though certainly could have been witches. Really awful people. It's interesting that a mummified cat has been found. Just wonder which of them it belonged to.

A 'familiar' 1656269883
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:09 pm

The real interesting question is - Why was the cottage buried ?
    Auras123
    Auras123

Male
    Number of posts : 223
    Job/hobbies : Medium, Psychic, Christian Spiritualist.
    Registration date : 2012-03-25

Post  Auras123 Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Assumpta wrote:Wow, that's incredible. I can remember reading about the Pendle Witches. Seems that some of them were not really witches but just caught up in what was happening. Others though certainly could have been witches. Really awful people. It's interesting that a mummified cat has been found. Just wonder which of them it belonged to.

A 'familiar' 1656269883

You might think Im a bit strange I've put this on another topic, I;ve Actually seen 2 of the Pendle Witches :/ As im a medium me and my 2 other medium friends went to Pendle Hill for a 'day trip' and then as we were walking down this country path at about 5.30pm we saw this old woman on the path but there was a couple in front of us walked through this haggred old woman so I looked at my 2 friends and then they looked at me, woman then dissapeard but we could still sense her, we had a name off my guide, her name was Elizabeth Southerns but not me or my friends knew at the time that she was Elizabeth Demdike :/ it was so frightning We could feel like energies building up as more and more of these Evil souls were gathering together and then this other woman was so evil she wanted to chop our fingers off. One of my friends Sian Sensed this other woman and her guide (Roseally) gave her a name of Allison Device and if you search them 2 names they are the famous Pendle Witches We Were Soo Shocked ! :O A 'familiar' 350287
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 am

Hi Aura. I am convinced that the Land in general, and places in particular, has memories of happenings in the past. "Strong" happenings = "strong" memories.
    I go to a local henge which dates back to about 3000 BC for festivals - Beltane in particular. The place is alive with the memories of the ancestors.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm