Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Birds chirping

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Birds chirping Empty Birds chirping

Post  Violet Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 am

Often right through the night lately i've never known them do that before, has anyone else heard them?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Birds chirping Empty Re: Birds chirping

Post  feather Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:47 am

Sometimes here when there is bright moonlight, the Corellas (small white cockatoo) and the Apostle Birds( happy families)...they roost in largish groups .....get a little restless and can make a bit of an intermittent commotion.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 02, 2012 1:43 am

Does it ever get on your nerves? I like listening to themBirds chirping 15910

feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Thu May 03, 2012 2:51 am

Occasionally if I am a bit on the edgy side....Corellas and Sulphur Crested Cockatoos have a very noisy loud sort of raucous screeching call. They talk well in captivity. In the wild, Sulphur Crested Cockatoos are quite shy and not found in flocks, mainly small family groups and are lovely big birds to see with their lovely yellow crest.

Corellas are only half the size and can be bothersome sometimes especially when they flock in huge numbers...thousands and thousands of birds screeching and shreiking...then they do the fly over...you literally cannot hear anything else...it is almost deafening. The trees look white with so many birds roosting together....and they strip the leaves off the trees because they are bored and they have a very strong and powerful beak. You don't want to mess with the bitey end. They chew wires on power poles, hoses or cables on the water bores, and anything that is within reach of their beaks. When they are in the moult, the ground can be almost covered with white feathers.

Apostle birds just chatter and fight and squabble...they hang about in large family groups and get on like families after a bad day on the booze. I love them because they are so 'human'.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 am

Wow they make our birds seem quite tame and well behavedBirds chirping 809779 our tiniest bird the wren makes one hell of a noise, just one on it's own can make a racket it's probably the biggest hellraiser in our gardenBirds chirping 809779

feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Sat May 05, 2012 6:26 am

We have lots of extremes and many sorts of weird and wonderful here.Birds chirping 451437
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 am

feather wrote:Occasionally if I am a bit on the edgy side....Corellas and Sulphur Crested Cockatoos have a very noisy loud sort of raucous screeching call. They talk well in captivity. In the wild, Sulphur Crested Cockatoos are quite shy and not found in flocks, mainly small family groups and are lovely big birds to see with their lovely yellow crest.

Corellas are only half the size and can be bothersome sometimes especially when they flock in huge numbers...thousands and thousands of birds screeching and shreiking...then they do the fly over...you literally cannot hear anything else...it is almost deafening. The trees look white with so many birds roosting together....and they strip the leaves off the trees because they are bored and they have a very strong and powerful beak. You don't want to mess with the bitey end. They chew wires on power poles, hoses or cables on the water bores, and anything that is within reach of their beaks. When they are in the moult, the ground can be almost covered with white feathers.

Apostle birds just chatter and fight and squabble...they hang about in large family groups and get on like families after a bad day on the booze. I love them because they are so 'human'.

Feather,what was the name of the bird that used to 'laugh',wake everyone up in the mornings?

The air used to be blue in our house early mornings when we had the 'wake up' call.....Birds chirping 780422031

Joanie x
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 am

I think you mean the laughing Kookaburra...they are found in the coastal areas....they laugh in the mornings when they are marking out their territory.

We have the Blue-Winged Kookaburra...mostly found in the Gulf and down to about where we are....and he looks similar except he has blue on the wings, not brown and he cannot laugh to save himself. His call sounds really weird.

Also there is the Storm Bird.....the male is black with a long tail and red eyes and his call is loud, haunting and very bothersome to people who just want a bit of silence. Summer is usually when you hear him, when the storms are around, and sometimes he starts about 4 am and it is a call that can't be blocked out of your awareness. I don't mind it, but I have heard some people curse and swear when he starts so early....and threaten to shoot him. Birds chirping 3093756457
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun May 06, 2012 10:58 am

That's it! For the life of me,couldn't remember the name.

I didn't realise there were three sets of Kookaburras.

We didn't mind the noise during the working week but oh dear! Weekends were forbidden.

Birds chirping 160943

Thanks Feather.

Birds chirping 28115

Joanie x
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 pm

We have a young Blackbird visiting our garden--we supply Blackbird mix and 'MEALY WORMS'

She is this years early hatch for she still has her fluffy feathers.

i was sitting reading when i became aware of her 'chirping' or was it 'nagging' or 'complaining' on the fence opposite me.

I carefully and slowly moved to the kitchen door--and she came down into our back garden to eat and then wash in the bird bath. she had no problem with me in the doorway.

Was she telling me to move so that she could feed and bathe??? I like to think so!!

PPLLnL

Peter
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 am

Could have been 'singing for her supper' as it were.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 am

feather wrote:Could have been 'singing for her supper' as it were.

Sorry feather it was not the lovely bird song that blackbirds make from high in the trees. This was more a staccato tut tut tut.
    PPLLnL

Peter
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 am

maybe she was scolding you because you were too slow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm