Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

A Message Before Departure?

Starnight_Queen
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Job/hobbies : Future English teacher, craft junkie and aspiring writer
    Registration date : 2012-10-06

A Message Before Departure? Empty A Message Before Departure?

Post  Starnight_Queen Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 pm

I had a friend battling liver cancer who I had a nearly intimate relationship with. We only saw each other once while I was home my freshman year from college and that was the only time out of knowing each other we ever hung out even though we went to high-school together. We really liked each other but I was going through depression and I couldn't give him the attention he would have needed from me so I kept my distance. I moved on and continued with school like normal (I even got back together with an ex) and I nearly forgot about him until he messaged me one day and we chatted about his future plans of studying at the university I was going to. It was nice to actually hear from him. Then several months later, after losing contact again, I noticed my phone had glitched to where it was almost about to call his number. My phone never does this. It glitches from time to time, but it never goes to my contacts. The next morning, I found out through friends on Facebook that he had lost his battle to cancer. He was on the other side. And now, months after all of this has happened, I think about what happened with my phone and can't help but to wonder whether there were supernatural mechanisms at play, or if it was pure coincidence. Has anybody else experienced this? Every time I think about this I feel this overwhelming sadness engulf me even though me and my friend weren't that close to begin with. Am I overthinking the incident with the phone?
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

A Message Before Departure? Empty Re: A Message Before Departure?

Post  gilly Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Hello Star

You are not, I think overthinking as you put it. Also I do not believe in 'coincidences'!!

If this is your friend contacting you from the other side--then 'feel NO guilt'- a contact such as this is sent in 'love'. He is saying farewell for now.

Cherish the memories--especially the phone memory--and maybe look to your dreams--we are often contacted there.

Peace, Patience, Love, Light and much Laughter dear lady

Peter
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi there,

Yes there is no need for you to feel guilty over not contacting him. He is well aware of how you were and the glitch with your phone I feel was his way of letting you know what had happened. I'm sure you will feel his presence with you from time to time.

A Message Before Departure? 348985
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:53 am

I can only echo what the others have said.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:25 pm

A Message Before Departure? 348985 Hi Starnight Queen

What you describe is happening to more people than actually recognise its spirit.this is a normal way for your friend to let you know he is safe ,you should not feel guilty, over not getting in toutch with him it wasnt meant to be

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 pm

So many people feel bad and guilty about this kind of thing, the person who has crossed will know why people lost touch/couldn't visit etc and will understand.
    Starnight_Queen
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Job/hobbies : Future English teacher, craft junkie and aspiring writer
    Registration date : 2012-10-06

Post  Starnight_Queen Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Thank you, everyone. I knew we weren't meant to be, but his friendship was unlike any other I've had before. The only perplexing part of this story is the fact that he was still alive when my phone glitched. Could it really have been him or something else?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Yes I believe so, something happened to me once and I was given a kind of 'message,' a few months later I saw someone who I hadn't seen for a while, who normally I would have seen regularly. Without realising I spoke of the message I had recieved, my friend was astounded, she asked when this incident with the message had taken place, when had I recieved the information, luckily it was dated and it was about 3 months ago. Turns out the message was for her and her family, the message had been communicated while the person concerned was still alive, though ill, stranger still it was his funeral that same week the message was delivered.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:56 am