Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
mac
angelhealer
innerlight
1antique
shayn
Soaring Bird
Violet
11 posters

Two different things?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Two different things? Empty Two different things?

Post  Violet Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 am

Or one and the same? Are soul mates and twinflames two different names for the same thing or are they two seperate things :scratch:
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Two different things? Empty Uh ?

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:55 am

Ive never heard of twinflames ?
    Hugs x Two different things? 531481
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Two different things? Empty Re: Two different things?

Post  shayn Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:23 pm

i really don't know i allways thought it is one and the same. but i might be wrong.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:37 pm

What is a Twin Flame?
    Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul. We each have only one twin, and generally after being split the two went their separate ways, incarnating over and over to gather human experience before coming back together. Ideally, this happens in both of their last lifetimes on the planet so they can ascend together. So you probably haven't had many lifetimes with your twin.
    Two different things? Stars1
    NASA Hubble Telescope Photo
    Each twin is a complete soul, not half a soul. It is their task to become more whole, balancing their female and male sides, and ideally become enlightened, before reuniting with their twin. This reunion is of two complete and whole beings. All other relationships through all our lives could be said to be "practice" for the twin, the ultimate relationship.
    What is a Soulmate?
    Soulmates are our soul family, the ones we do have many lifetimes and experiences with, who help us grow and evolve, create and dissipate karma. According to ancient wisdom, when the soul is "born" or descended from Source, it is created in a group. The souls in this group are our soulmates, ones who are very like us in frequency makeup. Then each of these souls is split into two, creating the twins.
    A soulmate is someone you are close to at a soul level, and with whom you have had many shared experiences in different lifetimes, in various kinds of relationships -- siblings, parent-child, best friend, as well as romantic relationships. There is a deep love for each other, and a spiritual bond that sets them apart from the superficiality of most other people in your life. Conversations are generally deep, about personal growth and service to make the world a better place. We can have many soulmates in our lives, and they come to us to help us grow spiritually.

http://www.soulevolution.org/twinflames/twinflames.htm
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 am

I'm not a fan of twin flame. For if you look at that definition, and their claims that they are two souls. They are not, according to what it says a twinflame is. So in essence when you merge with your twinflame you are in essence merging with yourself.

As for soulmates, IMO, you can have that connection with ANYONE! As long as you allow yourself to. I think many hang on to a way that this person feels, or how you have more interests with this one. Take it from me, you can love a person fully even when you have nothing in common.

IMO, love is love, regardless of who you are with, or who it's for.
    angelhealer
    angelhealer

Female
    Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : spiritual healer and teacher
    Registration date : 2010-04-10

Post  angelhealer Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Twin flames are separate to soul mates. Soul mates are described as a mate from your soul family. We split this at first into two halves. 6 feminine aspects of your soul and then there are 6 males aspects. This makes 12 souls within a soul group. It then esculates up to a further 24.
    To keep things simple the term twin flame is correct when used within the correct context. This seems to be confusion where you yearn to meet your 'other half'. Your other half is the male or female aspect within your self which does merge when it is the right time to meet your self on this plane and in the lifetime you have decided upon. It is worth noting here that everyone will and does have their soul 'counterpart' for you were never left alone.
    The split between each self is merely a temporary thing, which until you both learn through the lessons of life, that will one day bring you both back together.
    Twin flames are extremely rare on todays' planet, not many resides here yet, but you all dear ones, expect that of each other, because it is deeply engrained within your soul. Which is good! Two different things? 21581.
    Twin flames are the what happens when you become angelic. If you see it this way an angel is neither female or male because they are merged to become one.
    Twin flames are one of a kind, they are the same because your twin is the same as you but say if I am female which I am, then my twin flame for example will be a male version of me.
    A soul mate is a family brother or sister who belong to the same soul group and they help and teach us valuable lessons before we get to meet our twin flame.
    Take this as you will, but at least let it be an insight for you to read.
    blessings to you
    This was also channelled from Archangel Michael and Chameul.
    angelhealer
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 am

Thanks for all your responses in here, I can 'get' the soulmate thing but not the twin flame, it's just not sitting with me well that our souls split.
    angelhealer
    angelhealer

Female

Post  angelhealer Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:50 pm

LOL!!! don't worry I still don't understand the twin flame thing Violet so don't worry, I think things click with an individual when one its' there time and place to understand and two if it is relevant to the individual who wishes to increase there knowledge. Two different things? 577431 Two different things? 348985 When the penny drops it drops.
    angelhealer
    angelhealer

Female

Post  angelhealer Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:50 pm

LOL!!! don't worry I still don't understand the twin flame thing Violet so don't worry, I think things click with an individual when one its' there time and place to understand and two if it is relevant to the individual who wishes to increase there knowledge. Two different things? 577431 Two different things? 348985 When the penny drops it drops.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:14 pm

A soul group or soul cell (we are all part of one or another) may consist of any number of individuals.

Genders adopted are variable and irrelevant. The soul group is an association of closely linked, but individual, members, loosely, but deeply, attached.

All make spiritual progress in close association (love) with one another. The number of group members may be as few as two or considerably more than that. The bond of love is deep because the members have evolved together.

Each individual's incarnate experiences are shared by all of the group members and all may learn vicariously from one another. The spiritual progress of individual members will vary considerably - some will be 'ahead' and others 'behind'.

These are notional states, however, as all benefit from the progress of others in the group so that all are constantly moving forward and broadly share the group's overall spiritual level of evolvement.

The notion of 'twin flames' is one which has recently emerged and appears to originate with the so-called 'New Age' movement.
    angelhealer
    angelhealer

Female

Post  angelhealer Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 pm

I personally know that I am one with my maleness. I have never shared this before as I'm quite a private person. I have learned I have 6 brothers and I presume 6 sisters, aka male and female energies. A twin flame is a new age concept, however in my own heart I know that once you have merged with your other energy and become one, you become angelic in nature. Angelic is a term used to provide everyday people with a concept that they can understand. Once you begin to merge with your twin flame aka your other half. Then what happens is extrodinary.
    Genders are adopted but from my experience male energies tend to go to female physical bodies and vice versa, although that is not always the case.
    At the end of the day we are begining to merge with our other half, it is quite literal and it will only happen at a time which the individual accepts in spirit and from the heart in order to move up the evoluntary step forward.
    I think this is deep.. woops.. Two different things? 15910
    You begin to merge between other members of your soul family because you are kinda comfortable within the realms of love in which you were created within .. your soul family is a term used because after all we are all energy. Yet in the physical sense it is used because we are in a world of touch, feeling and living.
    Once this happens the state shifts and you can feel, think and see what your other half is doing. Just like Twins do. They are one and are so close, I have experienced quite a few magical moments and nice ones. The best being feeling my other halfs energy with me, it is very comforting. I'm not asking any one to believe as this is my experience no one elses.
    I'm just coming out of my shell and sharing this event.
    angelhealer
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks mac a 'soul group' definately makes sense to me as you describe it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Angelhealer thanks for sharing Two different things? 821538

angelhealer wrote:I personally know that I am one with my maleness. I have never shared this before as I'm quite a private person. I have learned I have 6 brothers and I presume 6 sisters, aka male and female energies. A twin flame is a new age concept, however in my own heart I know that once you have merged with your other energy and become one, you become angelic in nature. Angelic is a term used to provide everyday people with a concept that they can understand. Once you begin to merge with your twin flame aka your other half. Then what happens is extrodinary.
    Genders are adopted but from my experience male energies tend to go to female physical bodies and vice versa, although that is not always the case.
    At the end of the day we are begining to merge with our other half, it is quite literal and it will only happen at a time which the individual accepts in spirit and from the heart in order to move up the evoluntary step forward.
    I think this is deep.. woops.. Two different things? 15910
    You begin to merge between other members of your soul family because you are kinda comfortable within the realms of love in which you were created within .. your soul family is a term used because after all we are all energy. Yet in the physical sense it is used because we are in a world of touch, feeling and living.
    Once this happens the state shifts and you can feel, think and see what your other half is doing. Just like Twins do. They are one and are so close, I have experienced quite a few magical moments and nice ones. The best being feeling my other halfs energy with me, it is very comforting. I'm not asking any one to believe as this is my experience no one elses.
    I'm just coming out of my shell and sharing this event.
    angelhealer

I definately 'get' the bit I highlighted above it's almost as though you can read their mind sometimes, and it's great to see you coming out of your shell Two different things? 21581
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:40 am

Violet wrote:Thanks mac a 'soul group' definately makes sense to me as you describe it.

Two different things? 28115 thanks, Violet

I fancy we'll be the only ones it appeals to though..... Two different things? 451437

I'm more an Old Ager than a New Ager! Two different things? 834839
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:42 pm

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:Thanks mac a 'soul group' definately makes sense to me as you describe it.

I fancy we'll be the only ones it appeals to though..... Two different things? 451437

Oh I don't know mac - the notion of soul groups has resonated with me for quite a long time.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Kaere wrote:
    mac wrote:

Oh I don't know mac - the notion of soul groups has resonated with me for quite a long time.

OK, I got that wrong then - I'd be surprised, though, if you were closely aligned with the suggestions I put forward - but I'd be delighted to be surprised - I love to find I'm wrong on such issues. Two different things? 451437

Maybe you're also aligned with other issues on which I've written - can't say that's been the impression I got as far as I can recall - maybe, though, weak recall is just a natural function of the memory loss experienced by Old Agers! (old f**ts?) Two different things? 28115 Two different things? 368832
    Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:44 pm

mac wrote:

OK, I got that wrong then - I'd be surprised, though, if you were closely aligned with the suggestions I put forward - but I'd be delighted to be surprised - I love to find I'm wrong on such issues. Two different things? 451437

Maybe you're also aligned with other issues on which I've written - can't say that's been the impression I got as far as I can recall - maybe, though, weak recall is just a natural function of the memory loss experienced by Old Agers! (old f**ts?) Two different things? 28115 Two different things? 368832

If you don't mind me asking, why would you be surprised? Do you mean because we've disagreed elsewhere? If we all agreed on everything how dull the world would be.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Kaere wrote:
    mac wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, why would you be surprised? Do you mean because we've disagreed elsewhere? If we all agreed on everything how dull the world would be.

I don't mind you asking at all. It's not down to any earlier disagreements if we've had any - I can't recall.

I'm going on my somewhat imperfect memory which often doesn't reliably retain details but usually gives me an overall impression. More linked to the impression I'd gained from your previous
    postings but not necessarily in response to mine....

You may remember my 'stuff' on SF but maybe not. If you do, can you recall if any of that resonated for you? If it did then I've misjudged the situation.

Of course you may not be Kaere from there?

Last edited by mac on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Soul Mates

Where to begin with this topic might well depend on where one chooses to read. It means many a level of things in many a culture or personal belief.

If one is to look at who we are as the beings we are in the body. Some would say we are “individual” we are of one mind and of one body. I so feel we are that yes but to we are more we are interconnected to one another and to the Universe but too deeper maybe than even that we too are connected to the inter dimensions of the Universe. In saying that what is a Soul Mate ?

On the first and most common level it is a person that one connects to on a deep emotional level. This usually be a mate. The one that ye seek to find and spend one’s life with . It is that person the is said to complete one. Often it is someone that one can talk to about anything and everything.

This might well be that this person runs on the same vibrations that ye do. So the Soul feels a connection to what almost feels like self. Many often talk of it feeling like one has known the other forever. This might well be true in a sense one might well have shared in past lives together. Not necessarily though as a romantic interest one might well have been family. So that bond is there from that karma.

Too a Soul Mate can be someone that is in friendship one feels this attraction too but there is NO romantic interests there at all or feelings. In these cases one often knows that they have shared in past lives with each other and it is like a Soul reunion of the two. it’s a connection the brings comfort as one has found someone that understands them. It often feels like a journey has found a conclusion.

Too it be said that “opposites attract” and in the case of a Soul Mate in the romantic image that is not what one seeks to find. Often in finding the opposite frequency to one it is there one finds a Soul Mate.

Where did the ideal of a Soul mate arise from ? For this one has to travel to the times of Greek mythology. The first documenting story is in Plato’s Symposium. In this writing Plato examines the purpose of the nature of LOVe. It is said to have been written to shed light on the sexual behaviors of life in Ancient Athens.
    Plato thought that the Soul Mate is a “persons other half” . In his writings he talks about the Soul being split apart in search of completion by one’s other half. One is seeking another to become whole in life.

Where the idea often breaks down that the one that one finds to be their Soul Mate does not stay the course with one is in that many a time what one seeks is perfection. To me there be no such thing as perfection. Often one thinks that the Soul Mate can protect and take care of them. This too is not always the case. One is an individual and that being said is on a growth path as that individual. We are all interconnected but too individual.

Soul Mates can be friends of the same sex, or opposite sex, a parent or child, siblings other relationship partnerships.

One is said to have four emotional needs. One is to be LOVe and be LOVed , a positives self image need, need for balance in personal and private space. To have self control, the need for security. This is often what we seek to find in a Soul Mate.

I have a MATE not me Soul Mate not one I can share me with but a mate. Choose from the animal instincts we still have on that level of provider and breeding stock.
    Too I have a Soul Mate in a friend that I have shared many a past life with but never as lovers. At times Mother and child, but always great friends. One that can “read” me very being. Too one that holds a huge trust for me and me for them.

Twin Flames

What is a Twin Flame that can mean many a definition depending on where one chooses to read. For some its is a connection to self in an inter dimensional higher vibration plane. Where the Soul one is splits into two, into the opposite sex that one is . It is a connection that is found with “true self”.

Too it can be similar to what one calls a Soul Mate. In the Soul Mate relationship thought it is said the be family they are related along the past lives lived paths. This is too not always one’s mate. The Twin Flame is said to be a rare connection between a couple that we have but ONE Twin out there for us. The Twin when found completes the half of us that splits. It is said to be our mirror image.

Why does one find a Twin most times that is to do service. It is a path of healings and clearing of past issues. Often what one finds in one’s twin is the opposite of self that other side of self. One might well have a Twin that be outgoing and self assured while one is shy and inwards. One will offer to the other a path of learning’s and growth and the one offering the learning’s will gain exercise in teaching.

Too is a Twin Flame always a mate sought I question in that as do many. I have a Twin Flame and he not be a mate, yes he completes that other side of me but NO he would never be me mate. We have shared in past lives and we share the bond of being able to “read” full on each other. Why the re connection is known to us I was to save him on his life path as he once protected me. Karma pays back at times.

We all ask the same “Is this the one” the one for me. The one is not always a lifetime one but we at times in cultures are conditioned that it be one mate for one life. We fail at times to see that life paths and goals change and that we are “animals” those drives are still there. If we are indeed from Apes one has to just look to the fact that one male rules many females and mates with them all the dominate male rules.

Too at times we have “messengers” enter our lives. These are one’s that enter our lives for synchronicity meaning that something is gained by both people in equal balance. These people often enter our lives at times of emotional struggles and we can mistake them for more than what they be there for. At times that balance be enough to make things work and one stays a unit. I have that situation.

The “messenger ” meeting might well be one that ye never meet on the physical plane. More and more of this type of connection has been found with the computer age opening the doors of communications . Often if a meeting happens what is there in the non physical is not there in the physical. Or at times of the meeting one will think there be more and fall to a mating that does not last.

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing form Paste)
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Seems to me that one major difference between my account and some others is that of immediacy.

I speak in terms of the general situation, the situation which relates to our longer-term spiritual evolvement. Others speak of present or recent situations where 'soul mate' associations are with those presently alive in this dimension.

Yet the reality of the situation is that members of a soul cell are not especially likely to be incarnate at the same time and even if they were, in a world of nearly 7 billion souls, the likelihood of being geographically or culturally close to another from one's soul cell is pretty remote.

Doesn't mean it can't happen but I wonder if those who speak of finding their 'soul mates' are really meaning something wholly different?
    Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 pm

mac wrote:

I don't mind you asking at all. It's not down to any earlier disagreements if we've had any - I can't recall.

I'm going on my somewhat imperfect memory which often doesn't reliably retain details but usually gives me an overall impression. More linked to the impression I'd gained from your previous
    postings but not necessarily in response to mine....

You may remember my 'stuff' on SF but maybe not. If you do, can you recall if any of that resonated for you? If it did then I've misjudged the situation.

Of course you may not be Kaere from there?

Yes, I'm the same Kaere.

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on soul mates and twin flames. It is by no means definitive.

I do believe that we are parts of soul groups. Some people like to specify the number of souls in a soul group but I find this difficult to ascribe to - there are as many as are needed. Sometimes there is overlap. I believe we incarnate with different members of our soul group in whatever way is necessary - sometimes we're the stern mother, the gentle father, the brother, the best friend, the dastardly uncle, etc. It all depends on what each soul is looking to accomplish, so to speak.

I waffle sometimes on what the whole "twin flame" idea means to me. I know that I do not believe that it's one soul split in two - more like two complete souls with different pieces to the same puzzle. I don't believe that there are many twin flames that are incarnated at the same time - I believe this reunion is for the betterment of mankind and only happens when both souls are in their last incarnation, ready to dedicate themselves wholeheartedly to the spiritual growth of the world. While romance can come along with that, imo it is not necessary and might actually be a hindrance if the couple could not see beyond it.

I feel that most of the super-romantic and intense-connection stories out there aren't about finding a twin flame but more about finding a soul mate that has been incarnated with the other many many times before (hence the instant recognition and comfort, etc). Soul mates are all about the lust, love, needing to be together, synchronicities, fighting, etc - all the nitty gritty life stuff. A couple may find an intense attraction and feel that the other one is "The One" - this doesn't make them a twin, just that they arranged for it to be that way before they incarnated. Twin flames will recognize the "greater" reason for being brought together - they'll just know what they're meant to do as that will be their entire reason for being. And no, I do not believe that the guy at the gas station who floats your boat is your twin flame just cause you get the tingles when he grins at you Two different things? 809779

I'm not saying one is better than the other - just what I see as the differences.

This is just my opinion and I reserve the right to change it. Please please please put away the pitchforks and torches.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Two different things? 763951 I like.....you and me both Two different things? 763951
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 pm

And no, I do not believe that the guy at the gas station who floats your boat is your twin flame just cause you get the tingles when he grins at you Two different things? 809779

Two different things? 671114 nooo........ i'm gutted Two different things? 611174
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 pm

I know that I do not believe that it's one soul split in two - more like two complete souls with different pieces to the same puzzle.

Hi Kaere that thought doesn't sit well with me either, the soul split thing.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks for all of your posts, it's interesting reading Two different things? 15910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:33 am