Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Animal Hybridism

Freak
    Freak

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Animal Hybridism Empty Animal Hybridism

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:17 am

I wish to share a few thoughts on animal hybridism in the wild, and those amongst us ie; dogs, and cats. Whilst we know different species of canines and felines are bred to create different breeds, and we also know this is accepted by a majority of the world, does it make it right? Obviously its not just pets, breeders make hybrids from wild animals like lions, tigers, jaguars, some less wild animals like donkey and a horse, and also in marine life - False Killer Whales and Dolphins and so on.
    I hear that some people are worried primarily with health issues, but what about moral issues. Animals rely on their instinct to guide them through life, they know where they belong, and even recognise own family members. But humans come along and disrupt this natural order and breed different species to make a new species altogether.

Lets look at the Liger, a hybrid that is almost quite well known - a cross between a male lion and a tigress. If a tiger is a being of solitude, and a lion is known for being part of a pride, where does the Liger fit in? Which species does it belong to? How does it find its purpose and how does the cross effect its instincts? Apparently it can't be released into the wild because of issues relating to its character. So, these breeders have created a soul or a life-form that cannot function in the wild, where the species used to create it thrives. Does this sound morally right? Also, wild animals are known for their beauty but these hybrids have a 'confused' state of appearance.

The Wolphin I believe is less recognised amongst people, a cross between a Bottle Nosed Dolphin and a False Killer Whale. The first time breeders accomplished this the Wolphin died after a few days, but they bred another, and it lived for 9 years, all the whilst the mother did not nurse it at all. One could presume the mother didn't recognise it as its off-spring so would've been happy to ignore its own young. Of course, when this one perished the breeders bred another, which ultimately the mother did nurse. Dolphins and Killer Whales have different traits, which again draws me back to thinking how does a hybrid act on its instinct when two conflicting species are bred creating off-spring?

These arguments on morals ad ethics brings us back to dogs and cats. Many species of dogs and cats are bred together and this is and has been accepted for a long time. But, humans disrupting the natural order of things and the fact that other humans welcome this disruption troubles me. Why do they feel they can do this freely? Humans are not gods, we are not above the animal world, we are animals ourselves. If it happens naturally, then it could be construed as a mistake by nature, but for breeders to come along, and create conflicted life-forms this comes across to me as wrong. There are many other animal hybrids created by man, which I will link you to below. All are from Wikipedia.

Hybridism

Liger

Wolphin

Zeedonk - a good example of how its appearance is clearly conflicted.

Examples of Different Animal Hybrids

Obviously there are a lot of questions that can be raised and many opposing and conflicting arguments, but this topic is important to me so I would like to hear from anybody with a view on the subject.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Animal Hybridism Empty Re: Animal Hybridism

Post  Violet Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 am

Hi Freak, a great post! I can sum it up in one word 'sick.'

What is it with humans where they feel they have the right to interfere with nature how very arrogant of them.

If lions and tigers were supposed to mate they would naturally.

And breeders who breed to create'new and exotic pets' imo should be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

I don't doubt for one minute that some scientists somewhere in the world hidden away are attempting to cross humans with animals too.

I'm ashamed to be human sometimes.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Freak
    Freak

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:47 am

I know it's wrong. When I found out about this I was drunk and nearly cried :blush:

I think it's hard enough being an animal in this world and then humans come along and start messing with their nature and all-sorts.

I'm such a sensitive soul lol :mecry:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Nothing wrong with being sensitive it's a great quality in a man :hugz:

Freak
    Freak

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Thanks, but you seem to be the only woman who thinks so lol :hugz:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:30 pm

No, there are a few of us around :asmile: :hugsquish:

Freak
    Freak

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Aren't any down near London is there? lol :giggles:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm sure there will be :bgrinblu:

Freak
    Freak

Post  Freak Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:06 am

I doubt it lol :giggles:
    neptune13
    neptune13

Female
    Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  neptune13 Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Hello "Freak"

I agree that "Hybridism" is cruel and so typical of "Science" to want to create a new species by breeding two with similar "dna/gene' patterns...

What I really find sick is when "Professional Dog and Cat Breeders"
    use "Inbreeding" to keep the "Pedegree" or "Bloodline" Pure...

I saw a documentary about A famous "Pedigree Kennel Club" in the UK... saying that they do not have a problem with "Breeders" mating "Father with Daughter, Mother with Son, Brother with Sister" to keep the "Bloodline Pure"...

No wonder "Pedigrees have such a short lifespan.
    They also inherit certain deformities through inbreeding and these deformities cannot be bred out because these "Breeders don't breed them with other pedigree of the same kind...

There was a wee hybrid dog which was bred to the point where its brain was too big for its head and that species suffered a mental disorder...
    German Shepherds with short hind legs who could barely walk and still others whose noses were pushed into their faces with jutting jaws. They could hardly breath...

The list goes on...
    They showed the original dog and then the hybrid dog created through years of cross breeding to create this deformed replacement.

I have a "Pure Breed Black Labrador"...It was given to me by a professional Breeder in NZ for free because the mother jumped the fence and mated with a black labrador not of the breeders choosing Animal Hybridism 588401 (i don't get it)...

She had 10 beautiful pups and my family chose 3 of them...including the runt...

Many Breeders perform acts of Cruelty and they get away with it...
    They murder many wee pups who don't meet the required standards instead of finding loving homes...

I am so happy that "My Onyx" didn't suffer that same fate...

neptune13...
    neptune13
    neptune13

Female
    Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  neptune13 Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Animal Hybridism 8224 I am not quite sure using the word "Hybrid" to describe what "Breeders" did is correct in my reply, but it felt right...

Are new lines of "Pedigree" called "Hybrid??? Animal Hybridism 588401 ...

neptune13...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am