Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Ophiuchus

pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : horse lover, philosopher and starving student.
    Registration date : 2013-05-26

Ophiuchus Empty Ophiuchus

Post  pageofwands Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:10 am

So as many of you know Ophiuchus is not "new" to astrology, the constelation and myths of the serpent bearer have existed long before the hype of 2010(?). 

Anyways, I have heard a number of people talk about how they had never felt like a sagittarius and always felt out of place under that sign. So when everyone was made aware of the astrological "oversight" they felt at ease in their new healer sign. 

I am one of these people that was a sagittarius and is now ophiuchus, but I never, ever, felt out of place as a sagittarius. In fact, I still identify very deeply with this sign. Is there anyone else here that underwent the alleged switch as well? How do you feel about it? 

I have done a lot of reading on this new sign and have come to decide it is something different, I'm not sure what, but who could be? Ophiuchus just doesn't fit in with the other signs in the mix. This is not to say I don't think he should be a part of the zodiac, quite the opposite, I think he should redefine it. There is certainly something exciting and powerful about this guy and I'm excited to find out what it is. 

I've heard many parallels with mother mary, Isis, Imhotep, the serpent goddess of crete, and so on. Not to mention his galatic location is remarkable, standing directly on Scorpio, and opposite Orion. 

2013 is the year of the watersnake, maybe the water-sign serpent bearer will be important in this vain! :bgrin:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Ophiuchus Empty Re: Ophiuchus

Post  Violet Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Pageofwands, I think i've heard a little about this is this the 13th sign of the zodiac, do you know any more on this as i'd be interested, when does it fall and what dates does it cover?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : horse lover, philosopher and starving student.
    Registration date : 2013-05-26

Post  pageofwands Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:48 pm

I do! 

Ophiuchus falls between Scorpio and Sagittarius and covers the dates from November 29 - December 17. 

Ophiuchus is the Serpent Bearer or "the Healer." In greek myth he was a great physician who never lost a patient. He enjoyed learning and expanding his knowledge so he also became an architect and engineer. Depending on the source, you will find that he used the venom of snakes to cure his patients. He developed his powers so effectively that he was able to raise the dead. Hades started to get angry that there were less and less souls for his underworld and asked his brother Zeus to do something about it. Zeus struck the healer dead with a lightening bolt, and his father, Apollo, put him among the stars to recognize him. His mother is Corvus the Crow. 

Here is some interesting facts about Ophiuchus:
    - his constellation falls in an area of space called the "Dark Rift" where the portal to a "new world" is said to be located.
    - He is known for great empathy
    - He was trained and adopted by the centaur-teacher Chiron. 
    - He is often said to be the real life man Imhotep or the greek demigod Aesclepian, but researchers say he was around long before this and more accurately represents the serpent goddess of the Minoans and the Egyptian goddess Isis, suggesting the new patriarchy found a male role of such a powerful individual more fitting.   
    - He is situated directly accross from Orion glacially who in Egyption myth is synonymis with Osiris, Isis's wife. She brought him back from the dead after he was murdered out of jealousy. 
    - He is sometimes paralleled with Jesus, Jesus had 12 disciples + him = 13, Ophiuchus + 12 tropical Zodiac = 13, both able to raise the dead, both based on alleged real men on earth, both killed quite unjustly (but who isn't in mythology) I find this parallel a bit unsatisfactory...
    - His symbol is a pole with a snake wrapped around it, which is now the symbol for the American Medical Association and many other medical organizations. 
    - He is a water sign, i suspect due to his "overflowing" empathy and love for humanity - as I cannot correlate him with water in any other vain. 
    - the only other sign he resembles is Aquarius, the water bearer. Many claim that he is the only human representation in the zodiac, but I find this ridiculous when there is another sign that mirrors his name, and even look alike - Ophiuchus wrestling the constelation Serpens and Aquarius pouring a great jug of water. 
    - In the tarot ive heard him placed as the five of cups, three of cups, but I see him best suited as the magician. 
    - In christianity he is rumoured the be the fateful "Rider on the pale horse" or "Death" of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. I'm not sure why though. Still trying to figure this out. 

Lastly, and in my opinion most interestingly, is his introduction on the world stage in 2011(I looked it up :P). He has always been there, astrologers have always been aware of his presence, yet he only emerged very recently. His introduction falls right around our movement into the age of Aquarius from the age of Pisces. I like to think the universe made this so, preparing the public for an influx of great men and women hoping to heal humanity, those referred to as Indigo children and adults. We shall see, I suppose!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm