Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
L'angel
Carolyn
1antique
Soaring Bird
spirit
mia
Violet
Freak
12 posters

How do you see Angels?

Poll

How do you see angels?

[ 8 ]
    How do you see Angels? Bar_left35%How do you see Angels? Bar_right [35%] 
    [ 12 ]
    How do you see Angels? Bar_left52%How do you see Angels? Bar_right [52%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How do you see Angels? Bar_left0%How do you see Angels? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    How do you see Angels? Bar_left13%How do you see Angels? Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 23
    Freak
    Freak

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

How do you see Angels? Empty How do you see Angels?

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:24 pm

What does the word angel really mean in the modern world? Does it make you think of pure souls free of sin, not capable of evil, holy? Or does it make you think of God's wrath, vengeance, fire, death? Who could claim to be angelic when leading souls into eternal hell? Or acting out another's vengeance?

it is a comforting thought to think that these winged beings with yellow circles of light over their heads are watching over you whilst you sleep, protecting you from evil, but is that truly the case? There's a lot of tales about vengeful angels, even some of the names speak volumes - Fire of God - Uriel, strongman of God/Angel of Death - Gabriel, Fire of the Lord/responsible for hailstorms - Nuriel - would you be comfortable with these hovering over your bed at night?

How do you feel about the tales of Satan and Lucifer, who were Angels in the beginning?

Or do you think all Angels are like Michael, and Raphael?

What do you think, how do you see angels?

How do you see Angels? 492px-Archangels
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How do you see Angels? Empty Re: How do you see Angels?

Post  Violet Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 pm

I wanted to click both one and two but went for option two, I think they are here to protect us when necessary.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I did click both one and two and I think it was accepted cos both ticks stayed in view :)
    spirit
    spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 238
    Job/hobbies : reiki master and teacher
    Registration date : 2009-06-16

Post  spirit Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:51 pm

I chose option 2 as I believe they are here to protect us when and help when we ask!
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

How do you see Angels? Empty Angels

Post  Soaring Bird Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:26 am

Sorry, I couldnt take part in this pole as I have no experience with Angels at all. I would like to have but as of yet, nothing.
    Big Hugs x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Angels aren't my thing at all but I did a guided, angel meditation once and I was very surprised to find one :eek:

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Why would you be surprised to find one when they are all around us...all the time?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Because I think they only come around when they are needed, unlike our guides who I believe are with us always

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Is it that they only come around when they are needed, or is it that they only make themselves KNOWN to us when we need them?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Welllll....thinks hard the times I have needed help it has been my guide and not angels which have helped me :asmile:

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 pm

So..... this makes you sure that they were not there, too?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:56 pm

I've never had any sign that they were there, ever and with the meditation I did, I went looking for them, not the other way around.

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:55 am

I had a hard time choosing a poll choice lol. Yes I think they are here when we need them but I also think they are not perfect white robed haloed beings. Everytime I have seen them, they have been deceased people coming to help either me or one of my kids, giving messages to warn me "this will happen if you dont do this" or "get out now". And its always been the right thing to do.

I was 16 when I saw one on a rescue squad call. I was crawling in a car getting someone stabilized and ready to move him and looked up because I "felt" that familiar twinge, and there was a spirit in the back seat with me, saying the car was going to slide off the support blocks (which was bad because they were keeping the car from going over the cliff). I yelled to my partner outside that we had to move NOW, not explaining why. He took me for my word, we got out of there is 3 seconds, and the car toppled off its support blocks and went over the cliff. Later I told my partner what I saw (an angel). He said "soner or later if your in this job long enough, everyone sees one."

I was 31 when my deceased great grandmothers energy rushed down on me. I had been sick with the stomache flu for a week and had not been able to eat or drink anything for a whole day. Problem was, I was also nursing my youngest child. She was 2 months old. She came down on me and shook that finger (lol). She said "Carolyn if you dont get up and eat sumthin right now, that babys gonna die!" And I remember arguing verbally with her lol. I said "But I cant eat anything!" She said "Trust me, you can." And this warm feeling rushed through my body giving me strength and energy. I stood up, walked to the bathroom, washed my face, drank some water, went tot he kitchen, ate some crackers then a banana. Soon I was able to nurse. Now, the thing about it is, 3 years later we found out that that baby was Type 1 Diabetic. So now we know, when she was a baby and my milk was dried up she could have died from a low blood sugar from not eating.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks for sharing czardoust, they're quite amazing experiences How do you see Angels? 21581 I don't believe they're all white robed beings either.

When my son was about 10 or 11 he was up in the loft, when he suddenly fell out of the hatch, he told me he felt unseen hands stop his fall and push him back up through the hole to safety, he still remembers it to this day and often wonders who it could have been.

L'angel
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Post  L'angel Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:45 am

I find this poll and the comments very interesting! I think everyone has their own way of perceiving angels and I also believe there are many different angel types, and that they look different (just as different types of spirit, guides, and humans) The guardian angel that I saw was actually very bright, white light...with LARGE wings and also TALL!!! I have heard angels...talking, singing(actually more like humming); being serious and protective, another gentle and comforting, and some are very silly and playful (laughing and giggling)!
    I do believe that our guardian angel is with us from birth.
    Love and Light
    L'angel
    L'angel

Female

Post  L'angel Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 am

How do you see Angels? 609912 Whoops, forgot*****I checked both one and two.
    dragonfly1
    dragonfly1

Female
    Number of posts : 20
    Job/hobbies : Expert at Leisure
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  dragonfly1 Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:47 am

I'm an Angel person, and I feel they are with us always..our gurardian Angel is with us constantly... and other Angels when called (no names needed if you don't know them) will be with us in a thought, they are not passed over souls, they are the Divine, they are real, they are there even if you don't sense them.. TRUST. How do you see Angels? 609912 How do you see Angels? 529620
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Interesting that most see them as protective How do you see Angels? 821538

Does anyone feel they guide us?

Cassie
    Cassie

Female
    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2010-01-30

Post  Cassie Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:32 pm

I do believe that they guide us but when we need guidance most. They are there in the background helping us and causing balance and most of the time we never notice it.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sat May 01, 2010 5:04 am

I think absolutely everybody on this post knows exactly what an Angel is! Many posts, people are pro, some con, some both, few neither, but here, why is it that everybody knows they are here to protect us. Why have so many people actually experienced them. Why is it so hard for many to see. God really does not want us to worship them. There power must be so strong, that if they were here everyday, we probably would.

There are 7 billion people in this world and maybe 21 billion Angels. Do animals have Angels? I know my cats do, I have 2 cats so thats 18 Angels How do you see Angels? 809779
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat May 01, 2010 8:39 am

Reading back through the postings from the start of this thread two things are evident. Firstly we are lacking any clear guidance over what an 'angel' is and secondly belief is paramount that they exist at all...

It also seems that any discarnate helpers are called 'angels'. Why? Maybe because there's a carry-over from the teachings of mainstream religions mixed with a desperate desire that individuals are somehow assisted through their lives by divine beings whose sole purpose is their individual welfare. So every individual has a number of personal 'angels' charged with taking care of them? I'm not buying it - picture the total chaos were all these inevitably conflicting involvements actually to come about. One individual's angels' actions impacting and conflicting with her/his neighbour's angels' actions. It's a nonsense.

Now speak to me about our helpers' subtle suggestions, gentle pointers when we are facing situations we are ill-prepared for, guidance to consider options we may have not noticed when weighed down with a problem.....and now we're talking. But throughout any such scenarios is the freewill which governs our existences here. Take away freewill and this world would be pointless - we may as well just have stayed where we have come from.

Of course if you choose to believe in personal angels none of any of the above is going to make a scrap of impact on you. And that's freewill in action again....
    L'angel
    L'angel

Female

Post  L'angel Sat May 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Sorry, Mac, we can agree to disagree!!!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon May 03, 2010 11:56 pm

This roughly sums up my idea of a spirit guide, i'm not big on angels as such:
    Now speak to me about our helpers' subtle suggestions, gentle pointers when we are facing situations we are ill-prepared for, guidance to consider options we may have not noticed when weighed down with a problem.....and now we're talking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm