Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Wardenclyffe
littlefeathers2
Violet
Cassy7
Auras
SpiritVoices
10 posters

Platform Mediumship.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Platform Mediumship. Empty Platform Mediumship.

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 pm

What are the preparations for Platform Mediumship?

On attending my spiritualist church,I watch the medium sit down after greeting the congregation,see her or him silently concentrating with head bowed.

I guess they are contacting spirit ready for the messages to come through to the audience.
    What I am curious about is.....how do the devil do spirit gather so quickly to contact the medium when it takes me hours and hours  just to get spirit to talk to me?:happy:
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Platform Mediumship. Empty Re: Platform Mediumship.

Post  Auras Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Because when mediums are working they are shifting their awareness.
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:59 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:What are the preparations for Platform Mediumship?

On attending my spiritualist church,I watch the medium sit down after greeting the congregation,see her or him silently concentrating with head bowed.

I guess they are contacting spirit ready for the messages to come through to the audience.
    What I am curious about is.....how do the devil do spirit gather so quickly to contact the medium when it takes me hours and hours  just to get spirit to talk to me?:happy:
    This is just my idea and I don't know if it's right - not being a medium myself. 

I think that possibly spirit knows who is going to be at the church well in advance and are there ready and waiting.

The reason I think this is because when I went to a medium once she told me that my Dad and Aunty (both in spirit) had been at her house since about 7 am waiting for me to arrive at 10 am!  She said they were extremely excited (it was the first contact I'd had with them) and just couldn't wait.  She kept telling them "she'll be here soon!". 

The funny thing is that I was aware of their sense of their excitement and had a feeling they were there waiting for me before I even arrived.

A couple of years later I went to the same medium and on the way there had the feeling that this time no-one in spirit was there waiting for me.  When I arrived it turned out that the medium's husband, who made the appointments, had made a mistake and double booked that time slot.  She therefore saw me later in the day - when sure enough my relatives in spirit were there to give me messages. 

So it seems that those in spirit were aware that my sitting would be later in the day before I did.  No point them hanging around if it wasn't going to happen until later!! 

Cassy x
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:22 pm

You get the same feeling as I do,Cassy.    I always feel I know if I will get a message before I visit the church.    Or vice or versa.

So spirit know when we are going to visit......

I've told this story before,read it in a magazine a few years ago.  Just a non fiction story but made sense.

It started off with a lady going down to the village hall as she thought she may receive a message there from the medium who was working that evening.

She sat on her own that evening but nothing was given to her.
    She came back home very depressed.....

Sat and thought to herself....'everyone on earth has forgotten me'!
    'No one wants to hear from me!'.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Cassy7 wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:What are the preparations for Platform Mediumship?

This is just my idea and I don't know if it's right - not being a medium myself. 

I think that possibly spirit knows who is going to be at the church well in advance and are there ready and waiting.

The reason I think this is because when I went to a medium once she told me that my Dad and Aunty (both in spirit) had been at her house since about 7 am waiting for me to arrive at 10 am!  She said they were extremely excited (it was the first contact I'd had with them) and just couldn't wait.  She kept telling them "she'll be here soon!". 

The funny thing is that I was aware of their sense of their excitement and had a feeling they were there waiting for me before I even arrived.

A couple of years later I went to the same medium and on the way there had the feeling that this time no-one in spirit was there waiting for me.  When I arrived it turned out that the medium's husband, who made the appointments, had made a mistake and double booked that time slot.  She therefore saw me later in the day - when sure enough my relatives in spirit were there to give me messages. 

So it seems that those in spirit were aware that my sitting would be later in the day before I did.  No point them hanging around if it wasn't going to happen until later!! 

Cassy x
    I agree with Cassy once you decide you are going to church the thought has gone out to your loved ones in spirit, of course this never guarantees a message and sometimes when it's a last minute decision you will still sometimes get a message, spirits are all around us and only a thought away.
    littlefeathers2
    littlefeathers2

Female
    Number of posts : 26
    Job/hobbies : Being creative and inspired by spirit.
    Registration date : 2013-12-07

Post  littlefeathers2 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:18 am

I have just recently went to a Spiritual Church for the first time and on the way there I knew my gran was going to come through, the thought just popped into my head although the reason I was going was not to receive a message.

I was first to get a reading and was surprised as I do get messages from spirit but it seems I had not been listening to the guidance.  Afterwards I thanked the medium as I was leaving and she asked me why did you come here today of all days?  She was suggesting that my gran had planted the thought to go to the church so perhaps our beloveds also give us a little push so we attend.

I agree they definitely know we are going to be there as they watch over us and know what we are doing as was confirmed in my reading as my gran knew what I had been doing recently and told the medium.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 am

Yes,I do believe that we are 'pushed' a little to attend somewhere to receive a message not always necessary a spiritualist church.     I made friends with another member on here some years ago on another site and we have remained friends since then.
    She was the first to give me a message from my late husband.  I often wonder if she was picked to give me these messages......Bless her heart!
    She brings him through so clearly and with messages of love.
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.

Post  Cassy7 Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:09 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Yes,I do believe that we are 'pushed' a little to attend somewhere to receive a message not always necessary a spiritualist church.     I made friends with another member on here some years ago on another site and we have remained friends since then.
    She was the first to give me a message from my late husband.  I often wonder if she was picked to give me these messages......Bless her heart!
    She brings him through so clearly and with messages of love.
    That's wonderful Joan. 

My parents used to go to a spiritualist church, and I have always remembered my Dad telling me that one evening he didn't have a message, but as he was leaving the medium passed by him and said "Joe wishes to be remembered to you". 

Joe was a good friend of my Dad's in the RAF during the war and was killed in action.

The funny thing is that I often get strange things happening in connection with the RAF! 

For example when I moved to this county I found that when I drove down a certain country road I would always get the image of the bouncing bombs (the dam busters) come into my mind. 

It went on for years and I couldn't understand why. Then one day I read in a newly published book (about earth energies - lay lines etc) that it was a little known fact that the very first trails of the bouncing bombs were on an airfield (long disused) within a mile of that road, and that Guy Gibson (famous for flying in the dam busters raid) had family in the area. 

The trails being held here isn't in any of the history books as far as I can find - so it was odd that I "happened" to read this book which solved my mystery.

I do wonder if Joe has anything to do with it!

Cassy x
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:16 am

He probably did,you can sure of that....I had a experience from a lucid dream regarding an old army mate of my husband's who turned up to see him.
    Must dig that old post out,it was weird.....
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:38 am

SpiritVoices wrote:He probably did,you can sure of that....I had a experience from a lucid dream regarding an old army mate of my husband's who turned up to see him.
    Must dig that old post out,it was weird.....
    Yes please ... I'd love to hear that!

It must have been wonderful for your husband and my Dad when they passed over and met up with all their old mates again.

Cassy x
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Can't find the topic but briefly I dreamed I was in the spirit world in a room which I called the Meeting Room.   These are lucid dreams. I have had a lot of these sort of dreams.    I always see those who have died recently.

Always with hubby standing there beside me.

Now this time a young soldier turned up in Aussie battle dress,slouch hat on his head.
    He looked to be about in his 2o's.     Worn out as if from battle. Hubby went across to 'talk' to him.....That morning I had visited the site of the DVA in Oz.    Dependants Vets Assoc.    Noticed there had a been a death recorded of an old veteran who hubby used to nickname Kiwi.    They had been in Korea together.
    But this old man was in a nursing home and had died at the age of 80.

Now why should an old veteran show himself when young when dying when old?

To be recognised by my husband......it was obvious!
    Wardenclyffe
    Wardenclyffe

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2013-10-22

Post  Wardenclyffe Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Voices: some great stories. Would you mind saying a bit more about what you mean when you talk about your friend bringing your husband through with particular clarity? In what does the clarity consist?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:49 pm

She sees him clearly,Wardenclyffe.     We can be talking on the phone and then she has a giggle!   'He's here' she says.   She describes how he looked before he passed over.   Very clearly.

The messages she gives me are the same....
    Wardenclyffe
    Wardenclyffe

Post  Wardenclyffe Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Really interesting--thanks for this. Did she know him before his passing?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:15 pm

No,she didn't.    I was new to this site but she was a regular member.

As I said we are good net friends but haven't met....

What brought us together I think was both our husbands passed over in the same year.
    Wardenclyffe
    Wardenclyffe

Post  Wardenclyffe Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Really appreciate your sharing your story. Gives me some hope.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Always keep that hope in your heart.   I don't see them but I hear them now and again.
    Going back to the dreams I have,which are lucid dreams,they started a few years ago.    

Arriving in a room which was crowded with people,I 'saw' relatives who had passed over many years ago.   Always this huge table between us.   Bear in mind,that we are only allowed to visit so far into the spirit world.   Always a barrier there.   So I take it this room is my boundary,the table is the halfway mark.

The dreams started to come regularly whenever I lost someone to spirit.   
    I have seen cousins,a good friend and my own grandson who passed over 4 years ago.

All in the same room.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello

I was looking for some information on "Platform Mediumship" and when I Googled it I came to find a older link to a thread here.  So in the interest of what others might too come to find is they click the link like I did, I though I would share some thoughts on the topic.

As a Medium this work is something I have done solo and with others, what I note is that we all have "our way" of doing this work, and some of us stand very much present with the audience, some sit in more a trace state, some work in a team or with a partner.  It all comes down to your comfort levels and how you can ground your energy. 

So what is Platform work ?  Below is a general outline, what a true event never should be is that "Side Show" as it is not a game and it is not something you play with or take lightly.  Like the land of the living there are good and not so good forces that can come to you.

For some doing this work there is preparations done, meditation, grounding, being alone before the event, working with someone that can ground them and keep them protected.  Some will surround themselves in a circle or have items of protection around them.  Others like me get up there and are ready to go.

At times some will make their presence know to me days before the event and I will make note of their messages.  You do not know whom might come in, and there can be some come in that do not have someone in the audience.  What the Medium does is pick up the energy from the living person and from the dead person and link them together. We all have a vibration to us and family has a stronger one.  We rely on our Guides to filter on  some levels whom is there in spirit be a good fit with someone in your audience.

What can happen (though its rare) you can have an Earth Bound Spirit come to you this is one that is seeking at times that understanding and help with a "crossing to the Light" or some reason they missed that portal in dying.  In this place I have two choices I can take the time there and then to do it, or I can ask my Guides to hold their energy for me til I can get there.  Most times its an easy open the door and off they go. 

Explaining to the audience what your going to do, and many times you can have that audience share in that experience with you with their energy.  Making sure they know and understand the process and what they might even see.  At times the audience will see a presence or energy around the Medium. This too you make your audience well aware of.

Before the event it is KEY to make sure that you ground and clear the energy space.  That you call in the Divine and your Guides to be present not only to keep you safe and more importantly keep your audience safe. Your role is to keep things safe.

Rare on rare occasions you have someone from the audience bring in something dark with them, or you have someone that is there to try and throw you off your game as they do not believe.  In this you have to be strong willed but too polite in how you react. Large events usually have "hired security" present to remove hecklers. 

At times these events have more than one presenter on the same venue and you have to be open to working with others present that might or might not share your views on how it works. For me this is not an issue, where most have done  a path of study or workshops or even work it for a living, I do not.  Some will look at me at an event and go I do not know you......but they can read energy and know that I am as  real as them.  We all choose the path we walk with what we put out to the World. 

After an event usually there is a bit of a meet and greet session, here too you never know what might come to you.  Some Mediums are done and exhausted after, other's sadly at times I have found rush to the booze....to shut down. I know many that have had drinking issues.  For me its a day in my life. 

I hope that this personal view helps bridge some understandings in what one might see at an event or in a spiritual church and embrace that no two will likely present the same way.

Delivering messages from a platform enables Spirit to communicate with a larger audience.

What happens during a demonstration of mediumship?

A medium will stand on the platform and relay messages to the audience that they are receiving from the spirit world. Nothing frightening will happen, and contrary to popular belief, public services are never held in the dark.

What is at times held in the dark is a séance or seance is an attempt to communicate with spirits. It is used specifically for a meeting of people who are gathered to receive messages from ghosts or to listen to a spirit medium discourse with or relay messages from spirits. For me I find this more a “Parlor Game”,
    finding that believers and non-skeptics, treat it as a form of non-fictional science and spiritual reality.

Mediumship can be a wonderful thing, giving people comfort in the knowledge that the existence of the human spirit is continuous beyond death.

Lynn :choices:
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 pm

my word!  It's three years since this thread was last active.

A number of its contributors are no longer active here on SI at all and there appears little interest in mediumship from other members. On the other websites where I'm a regular I've seen a similar lack of interest in - and often little understanding of - traditional mediumship

I used to find it sad but I've grown to accept the situation and also I've found that others are interested in different issues surrounding life, death and what comes next...
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:03 pm

mac wrote:my word!  It's three years since this thread was last active.

A number of its contributors are no longer active here on SI at all and there appears little interest in mediumship from other members. On the other websites where I'm a regular I've seen a similar lack of interest in - and often little understanding of - traditional mediumship

I used to find it sad but I've grown to accept the situation and also I've found that others are interested in different issues surrounding life, death and what comes next...
    Hi Mac

I haven't been on the site for ... can't remember ... ages!  It is lovely to see that since I last looked on here there are five threads still active started by Joan, Spirit Voices.  I miss her so much.  I find the lack of interest in mediumship sad too.  I'm afraid that the current topics leave me cold ... it must be my age!  Cassy x
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Topics naturally reflect the interests of the people that are using the site and keeping the site alive with their input.

For those with an interest in mediumship, here are a couple of the recent threads about the subject...perhaps they will warm you a little Cassy.

http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t11306-life-after-the-death-of-the-body
     http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t11381-contacting-a-spirit-who-had-dementia

To add... Lynne posted a wonderful post about her view of mediumship. I didn't answer because it's not my area, but I was interested enough to read it and appreciate it. But if I wasn't, I would never be so rude as to comment about it leaving me cold. Cassy, if you want threads on mediumship then perhaps you could come more regularly and write them, rather than make unpleasant comments about the threads written by people that do visit the site regularly.

Last edited by Blueanchor on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Cassy7 wrote:
    mac wrote:my word!  It's three years since this thread was last active.

Hi Mac

I haven't been on the site for ... can't remember ... ages!  It is lovely to see that since I last looked on here there are five threads still active started by Joan, Spirit Voices.  I miss her so much.  I find the lack of interest in mediumship sad too.  I'm afraid that the current topics leave me cold ... it must be my age!  Cassy x
    I'm almost 70 now and I blame a lot on my age too!  lol :hugz:   It was sad how Joanie slipped away but over the past dozen years similar things have happened to a lot of my friends. :( 

And I do agree with what you say about current topics.  :wink:
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Mac, when I first began socialising amongst others with spiritual interests, people were either interested in mediumship or wicca and I took part in psychic/mediumship development circles (as many people did in those days). What I found was that the ability to speak with spirit, that I had had since childhood, came back. 

I still am interested and practising in communication with spirit. But I am fortunate in that I had never doubted the continuation of life after death and so evidential mediumship isn't something that interests me because I don't need that evidence. Also, I haven't needed contact with anyone that has died and those that have wanted to contact me have done so.

I am interested in the life of the spirit (outside of physical life) and have some wonderful experiences with spirit. But I feel that the spiritualist churches haven't equipped people with understanding of mediumship beyond that practised solely for evidence. Sadly a few experiences on an SNU affiliated website many years ago, led me to give up on the term 'mediumship' and today I speak about all of my experiences, including speaking to spirit beings, as being psychic. 

If I am an example, then maybe it's not that interest in mediumship has gone, but that the definition of mediumship has become ever more narrowed and excluded many people that once would have shared experiences and joined in discussions about life after death.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Topics naturally reflect the interests of the people that are using the site and keeping the site alive with their input.

For those with an interest in mediumship, here are a couple of the recent threads about the subject...perhaps they will warm you a little Cassy.

http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t11306-life-after-the-death-of-the-body
     http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t11381-contacting-a-spirit-who-had-dementia

To add... Lynne posted a wonderful post about her view of mediumship. I didn't answer because it's not my area, but I was interested enough to read it and appreciate it. But if I wasn't, I would never be so rude as to comment about it leaving me cold. Cassy, if you want threads on mediumship then perhaps you could come more regularly and write them, rather than make unpleasant comments about the threads written by people that do visit the site regularly.
    I'm puzzled.  Did Cassy say something rude about Lynne's posting?  And did it leave you cold, Blueanchor?  Or say unpleasant things about threads written by people that do visit the site regularly?

If so I didn't see any of them.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:05 pm

"I'm puzzled.  Did Cassy say something rude about Lynne's posting?  And did it leave you cold, Blueanchor?  Or say unpleasant things about threads written by people that do visit the site regularly?

If so I didn't see any of them."

No. Be the change you want to see, rather than criticize other peoples contributions was my point to Cassy.

My conversation with you was following the conversation that you opened about whether interest in mediumship is waining. I responded to your comment because it's interesting lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am