Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
innerlight
Violet
6 posters

Meditation within a meditation

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Meditation within a meditation Empty Meditation within a meditation

Post  Violet Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:46 pm

Is this possible, to go into a meditation within a meditation? Your thoughts please

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Meditation within a meditation Empty Re: Meditation within a meditation

Post  innerlight Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:45 am

That would be interesting... But if one is already meditating would they not be still meditating when they went into the meditation whilst already there. In other words if I'm meditating on a beach, and then decide to mediate whilst in there wouldn't I think change the original meditation into what I started to meditate to?

I guess it could be like a dream within a dream. Which, I've experienced to actually happen. So on the same concept then one would have to meditate on the fact that they are meditating. See themselves meditating within their meditation, and go into another meditation.

I think it would take a lot of energy to do that, and not sure if the first med would still be happening.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 pm

thanks for your thoughts innerlight :asmile:

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 pm

Or....maybe you are experiencing your higher self begin to meditate during your physcial meditation?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 pm

That's an interesting thought, i'll think on that for a while

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 pm

I just wanted to refresh this and see if there were any further thoughts on it?

That would be interesting... But if one is already meditating would they not be still meditating when they went into the meditation whilst already there. In other words if I'm meditating on a beach, and then decide to mediate whilst in there wouldn't I think change the original meditation into what I started to meditate to?

I guess it could be like a dream within a dream. Which, I've experienced to actually happen. So on the same concept then one would have to meditate on the fact that they are meditating. See themselves meditating within their meditation, and go into another meditation.

In the meditation I went somewhere, then I sat down with someone and went into meditation within my first meditation it wasn't like I saw myself meditating, I did actually meditate within the meditation, sounds crazy but that is what I believe happened.

In other words if I'm meditating on a beach, and then decide to mediate whilst in there wouldn't I think change the original meditation into what I started to meditate to?

No it felt the most natural thing in the world to do to sit down and meditate, I didn't change anything.

glorymist

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  glorymist Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Violet - -

By moving on into the meditative state you become more “absorbed” into it. You can change the scenery / scenario - - or you can try to simply stay with the so-called theme. There is a tendency to move more deeply into yourself when doing this.

Much of this requires experimentation you each individual’s part because what scenario works for one often doesn’t carry the same weight or registry to another.

Some good approaches to all of this - - walk across bridges, turn corners, go through doors, go up stairs, etc. In other words - - knowingly and in full control - - go beyond or more deeply into the meditative state by using the above triggers.

If you ever become a lucid dreamer - - you can change entire frameworks / structures / non-structures / etc. in the dream state. Preliminary steps to all of this is just what you are talking about.

One word of caution - - and you can take this as you wish - - it is very wise to know “where” you want to go or what you wish to find - - or have at least some goal or idea or vague “area” in mind - - and then stick to it. If you get good at all of this you can get to the point where you will be willing to just “throw yourself” forward into the unknown - - but that often carries risk.

Pretty much all I am saying here is - - know your intention. You might wish to consider what “intention” is and just how broad the understanding might be.

“Going inside oneself” is simply withdrawing ones’ attention from the outer and putting it on the inner. The inner world is much more vast than the outer - - and the inner world is the “doorway” to the “outer” worlds that would be beyond the physical realms.

But again - - be careful. There are an incredible number of traps and cons that await someone who just wants to go inside and play. Those can lead to very unbalanced aftereffects. And very much so. It’s not so bad to simply step inside and consider one’s thoughts / patterns / viewpoints / etc. But to begin to step even more deeply into the inner worlds involves some risk.

You might heavily consider protection. Some believe it is necessary. Others obviously do not. If you have not needed it while “exploring” the areas / levels you are currently involved in - - that’s just fine. If you plan to “go deeper” - - that may call for added considerations to your approach.

Take that as you wish. Be free to dismiss it all. Soul most often learns by Its mistakes. Sometimes risks must be taken - - even though they may be costly. The only one that will have to contend with the cost - - whatever that may be - - is you.

On we go.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Now this is very interesting. I don't think I can comment on it as I'm the world's worse at meditating. I normally start off well intentioned and then the mind wanders.

Having thought about what you've put Violet I do begin to wonder where this can infact be possible.

Meditation within a meditation 348985
    PEACE

Female
    Number of posts : 186
    Job/hobbies : MOTHER AND SPIRITUAL TRAVERLER
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Post  PEACE Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi is it like when i meditate i sometimes just watch the colours and once found myself going towards a vortex that was spining around like a kids toy ,you know the one where you look through and turn the end to see patterns i got a bit excited and that blew it ,it was gonexxxxxx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 pm

If you ever become a lucid dreamer - - you can change entire frameworks / structures / non-structures / etc. in the dream state. Preliminary steps to all of this is just what you are talking about.

I've been doing this a long time, I can continue the same ongoing dream night after night I can choose what to dream about,I can wake from a dream, go downstairs get coffee, then slip back into he dream where I left itMeditation within a meditation 809779 I even 'visit' people while I sleep, (unknown to meMeditation within a meditation 160943 )

Not every single night though because often i'm so tired I just crash out.

One word of caution - - and you can take this as you wish - - it is very wise to know “where” you want to go or what you wish to find - - or have at least some goal or idea or vague “area” in mind - - and then stick to it. If you get good at all of this you can get to the point where you will be willing to just “throw yourself” forward into the unknown - - but that often carries risk.

Pretty much all I am saying here is - - know your intention. You might wish to consider what “intention” is and just how broad the understanding might be.

“Going inside oneself” is simply withdrawing ones’ attention from the outer and putting it on the inner. The inner world is much more vast than the outer - - and the inner world is the “doorway” to the “outer” worlds that would be beyond the physical realms.

But again - - be careful. There are an incredible number of traps and cons that await someone who just wants to go inside and play. Those can lead to very unbalanced aftereffects. And very much so. It’s not so bad to simply step inside and consider one’s thoughts / patterns / viewpoints / etc. But to begin to step even more deeply into the inner worlds involves some risk.

Yes what you say here makes total sense too, and I do take it on board.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Assumpta meditation can be difficult and I used to struggle with the wandering mind and thoughts but because I couldn't get rid of them I allowed them to stay and just literally put them to the 'back of my mind' like the mind is a room kind of but instead of the cluttered 'junk room' it was, it's now very neatly organised, well it is usuallyMeditation within a meditation 160943 it's a bit of a jumble sale just lately.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm

PEACE wrote:Hi is it like when i meditate i sometimes just watch the colours and once found myself going towards a vortex that was spining around like a kids toy ,you know the one where you look through and turn the end to see patterns i got a bit excited and that blew it ,it was gonexxxxxx

Sounds lovely Peace, a kaliedescope type effect?

PEACE

Female
    Number of posts : 186
    Job/hobbies : MOTHER AND SPIRITUAL TRAVERLER
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Post  PEACE Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:20 am

yesxxx
    glorymist

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  glorymist Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:56 am

Violet - -

I cannot tell you how long it takes Soul to learn how to do this. And - - for someone to learn it to this extent - - is rare indeed. I don't tell you this to inflate your ego. I tell you this out of recognition.

If you have this much control over your own dream state - - you can be all but guaranteed that you have heavily studied it in your past lives - - probably many times. This is as much of a “roadsign” or a “yardstick” suggesting where you are on the Path as most anything else you could ever reveal. You've been at this for a long time - - and are doing very well.

There *are* occasions where an individual Soul may take up the study of dreams and become as proficient with them as you have - - just out of curiosity - - or perhaps out of the “recreation” of it all. But if your studies in the psychic arts and such involve a broadening of information and abilities - - I would certainly bet that it all comes together to suggest just how far you’ve come.

If I were you - - I would begin to focus on the libraries and the universities in the other dimensions. I would certainly search out the greater temples - - where the deeper teachings are offered. They can be found - - and I would bet that many of the “unknown people” you have befriended could help you locate many of them. If that doesn’t pan out for you - - let me know - - and I’ll give more specific options that may lead to these sites.

Do you often find yourself in “old” cities? Like an old San Francisco? Are there mountains in the distance? Do you *see* colors as you drift off to sleep? In looking at your screen name - - do you often encounter violet light?

Find those stairs. Find those doors. Cross those bridges. You will absolutely love the libraries there. And the universities are certainly nice - - but there are other locations where the greater teachings are offered.

If you do this - - make sure you have some very quick and effective protective options. Know what you want to find - - and don’t just blindly follow.

But - - as with each step - - and even more so at this level - - it all depends on what you want to know - - what you want to find out - - where in the vast study of LIFE do you show an interest? If it's to just "collect" information - - as many, many do - - then you will be offered endless tidbits - - just to satisfy your mental curiosities for as long as you wish to simply gather information. But if you truly wish to broaden - - to grow - - then intention plays a huge role here. Into what area do you wish to broaden - - and what will you do if you actually *do* grow into the information?

This - - makes a difference - - to those that can lead you farther into it all.

Let me know how this goes.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:28 am

glorymist wrote:Violet - -

I cannot tell you how long it takes Soul to learn how to do this. And - - for someone to learn it to this extent - - is rare indeed. I don't tell you this to inflate your ego. I tell you this out of recognition.

Hi Glorymist

Thank you, it's quite 'normal' for me now it's been happening for so long, not lately though but I know why.

If you have this much control over your own dream state - - you can be all but guaranteed that you have heavily studied it in your past lives - - probably many times. This is as much of a “roadsign” or a “yardstick” suggesting where you are on the Path as most anything else you could ever reveal. You've been at this for a long time - - and are doing very well.

There *are* occasions where an individual Soul may take up the study of dreams and become as proficient with them as you have - - just out of curiosity - - or perhaps out of the “recreation” of it all. But if your studies in the psychic arts and such involve a broadening of information and abilities - - I would certainly bet that it all comes together to suggest just how far you’ve come.

It began as curiosity as far as I can remember, recreation is also a part of it, dreams and dreaming are fascinating.

If I were you - - I would begin to focus on the libraries and the universities in the other dimensions. I would certainly search out the greater temples - - where the deeper teachings are offered. They can be found - - and I would bet that many of the “unknown people” you have befriended could help you locate many of them. If that doesn’t pan out for you - - let me know - - and I’ll give more specific options that may lead to these sites.

Thank you, i'll certainly try this.

Do you often find yourself in “old” cities? Like an old San Francisco? Are there mountains in the distance? Do you *see* colors as you drift off to sleep? In looking at your screen name - - do you often encounter violet light?

Sounds weird but it's like i'm in 'another world' sometimes, i'm not meaning another planet or aliens just different somehow to this one, similar but differentMeditation within a meditation 229495 I can't explain it better than that, not many actual locations such as cities, I do see colours occasionally when drifting off, this is when I get most of my visions too.

Find those stairs. Find those doors. Cross those bridges. You will absolutely love the libraries there. And the universities are certainly nice - - but there are other locations where the greater teachings are offered.

I use stairs a lot in meditation, i'll try it in dreams too, see what happens.
    If you do this - - make sure you have some very quick and effective protective options. Know what you want to find - - and don’t just blindly follow.

But - - as with each step - - and even more so at this level - - it all depends on what you want to know - - what you want to find out - - where in the vast study of LIFE do you show an interest? If it's to just "collect" information - - as many, many do - - then you will be offered endless tidbits - - just to satisfy your mental curiosities for as long as you wish to simply gather information. But if you truly wish to broaden - - to grow - - then intention plays a huge role here. Into what area do you wish to broaden - - and what will you do if you actually *do* grow into the information?

Yes i'm taking all of this on board, thank you for this..

This - - makes a difference - - to those that can lead you farther into it all.

Let me know how this goes.
    I will doMeditation within a meditation 28115

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 pm