Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
mac
Detlef
Violet
Auras
Native spirit
zerdini
Knight of Albion
SpiritVoices
12 posters

Silver Birch.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Silver Birch. - Page 2 Empty Silver Birch.

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Is it possible that the well known guide Silver Birch has returned again?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Silver Birch. - Page 2 Empty Re: Silver Birch.

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Why did he decide not to speak a medium ever again? was there a valid reason?

It was his choice - one pretty valid reason I'd suggest. 

Take a look at what SB wrote about his relationship with his medium and how it developed and all the reasons are explained.  The teacher who used the name Silver Birch and communicated through medium Maurice Barbanell said he would never return to this earth or communicate via another medium.  It's up to individuals to decide for  themselves about the authenticity of any communicator using that same name 'Silver Birch' and/or claiming to be the one I've mentioned above.  On the same score they might also wonder about any medium professing to have Silver Birch communicating through her/him.

With a broader perspective one might also want to think about how many authenticated communicators are known to have worked with more than one medium.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:35 pm

"Am I right in saying that Silver Birch was not actually an indian?"

You'd be correct in saying that SB himself told enquirers that he was not an indian.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:41 pm

mac wrote:

Take a look at what SB wrote about his relationship with his medium and how it developed and all the reasons are explained.  The teacher who used the name Silver Birch and communicated through medium Maurice Barbanell said he would never return to this earth or communicate via another medium.  It's up to individuals to decide for  themselves about the authenticity of any communicator using that same name 'Silver Birch' and/or claiming to be the one I've mentioned above.  On the same score they might also wonder about any medium professing to have Silver Birch communicating through her/him.

With a broader perspective one might also want to think about how many authenticated communicators are known to have worked with more than one medium.
    I am not saying there relationship was not good, But when I heard that he referred his medium as a instument, It made me think, why would you even say that? Yes, Maurice was a trance medium which allowed silver birch do what-ever he head to do, But no way near an instrument.
    Skye2

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2014-04-11

Post  Skye2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

I am not saying there relationship was not good, But when I heard that he referred his medium as a instument, It made me think, why would you even say that? Yes, Maurice was a trance medium which allowed silver birch do what-ever he head to do, But no way near an instrument.

I suspect it's your personal definition of 'instrument' that could be the problem for you. The term instrument is merely imo a means to an end. If SB had not used an instrument - Maurice Barbanall - then he would not have been able to communicate to the people of our world in the way in which he did. 
    Mediums may often use the terminology 'instrument'  the messages of communication has nothing whatsoever to do with the physical person. For instance: I am an instrument to be of useful service.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Skye2 wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

I suspect it's your personal definition of 'instrument' that could be the problem for you. The term instrument is merely imo a means to an end. If SB had not used an instrument - Maurice Barbanall - then he would not have been able to communicate to the people of our world in the way in which he did. 
    Mediums may often use the terminology 'instrument'  the messages of communication has nothing whatsoever to do with the physical person. For instance: I am an instrument to be of useful service.
    I myself am a medium but would never call a person an instrument.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 pm

mac wrote:"Am I right in saying that Silver Birch was not actually an indian?"

You'd be correct in saying that SB himself told enquirers that he was not an indian.
    He was in-fact a native american.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

Now you've moved on to something else. 

I'd make a guess that Maurice Barbanell wasn't in the least concerned at being called Silver Birch's 'instrument' or Silver Birch wouldn't have referred to him that way.  Their relationship in this world lasted over two decades so we can only assume they didn't fall out much with one another!

Did you think about the several points I made earlier?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Auras wrote:

Use whatever politically correct word you wish and he wasn't that either!  He used the word 'indian' himself in his communications but explained he had never been one.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

I'd make a guess that Maurice Barbanell wasn't in the least concerned at being called Silver Birch's 'instrument' or Silver Birch wouldn't have referred to him that way.  Their relationship in this world lasted over two decades so we can only assume they didn't fall out much with one another!

I am not big on the subject. So don't know alot, But I do get the impression he was a bit of a stubborn guide. Yes, I did think about your points but I was wondering if there was more to it.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:

Use whatever politically correct word you wish and he wasn't that either!  He used the word 'indian' himself in his communications but explained he had never been one.
    Your a funny guy. Love it when you get angry :happy: If he was not indian then why did he proclaim he was in his communications then!!!!
    Skye2

Post  Skye2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you mac.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Auras wrote:
    Skye2 wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

Jesus - I'd've loved the honour of serving as Maurice Barbanell did - SB could have called me anything he wanted!
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    Skye2 wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

Jesus - I'd've loved the honour of serving as Maurice Barbanell did - SB could have called me anything he wanted!
    But why, Because he is famous?
    Skye2

Post  Skye2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Auras wrote:
    Skye2 wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

Neither would I except in discussions on mediumship. But in regard to SB it is used as a means of getting something done.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:

Your a funny guy. Love it when you get angry :happy: If he was not indian then why did he proclaim he was in his communications then!!!!
    angry?   :happy: 

Read the accounts of what he said - they were transcribed and published. 
    I'm sure you'd prefer the originals and then you would understand....
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    Skye2 wrote:
    Auras wrote:

Josh you have so much to learn.... :yawning:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

I am not big on the subject. So don't know alot, But I do get the impression he was a bit of a stubborn guide. Yes, I did think about your points but I was wondering if there was more to it.
    I guess, then, that you're at a big disadvantage....  stubborn guide?  If you don't know much about this subject, how could you reach this conclusion?

The earlier points I raised were meant to help you understand why I said what I did.  There was nothing more to them than I wrote.  Sorry you didn't find them helpful....

Last edited by mac on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:45 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    Skye2 wrote:

as do you
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:

I guess, then, that you're at a big disadvantage....  stubborn guide?  If you don't know much about this subject, how could you reach this conclusion?

The earlier points I raised were meant to help you understand why I said what I did.  There was nothing more to them than I wrote.  Sorry you didn't find them helpful....
    No, Simply because I get impressions of people
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Instrument is that word really any worse than 'channel' which is widely used today,mediumship was a lot less 'flowery' (don't beat me up for that :sob: ) back then, right down to earth, disciplined and straightforward. I'm quite sure SB simply saw Maurice Barbanells body for what we will all see our bodies as when we pass, not much at all, however I bet their discussions privately were far more informal, our bodies are instruments/vehicles.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    as do you
     Not about Silver Birch.....   :love:  :hugz: 

I've done all I suggested you might want to think about to better understand this amazing teacher but I see that's not of interest and that's fine because it's your life.  But when you write about things you don't know anything much about it's pretty pointless. 

By contrast I keep away from subjects I don't know much about or I ask questions of those who do know something.  Different approaches, can't put old heads on young shoulders and maybe one day, when you're old like me, you'll think back to these times and remember....

Last edited by mac on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:

No, Simply because I get impressions of people
    Impressions may be OK but not very useful in connection with those who are no longer in this world to get impressions of...  Then you have to do something different to begin to understand.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Violet wrote:Instrument is that word really any worse than 'channel' which is widely used today,mediumship was a lot less 'flowery' (don't beat me up for that :sob: ) back then, right down to earth, disciplined and straightforward.  I'm quite sure SB simply saw Maurice Barbanells body for what we will all see our bodies as when we pass, not much at all, however I bet their discussions privately were far more informal, our bodies are instruments/vehicles.

I see an instrument as something that is moved or used and involved, doing acts, deeds etc, owned. Channelling is different in that the person channelling is not part of the equation at all, their body is not used, nor their mind, they are just reciting or passing on the message verbatim.

Also 'back then' it was so so simple, people respected others. Face to face and no room to hide, and very very few people that were ever classed as a medium or psychic or tarot reader. Disciplined and trained! There was no internet where any one on a whim could set up a website and post something that then hundred or more of ignorant people would believe as fact rather than just the opinion it is, and copy and past it and pass it on.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:33 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    as do you

I've done all I suggested you might want to think about to better understand this amazing teacher but I see that's not of interest and that's fine because it's your life.  But when you write about things you don't know anything much about it's pretty pointless. 

By contrast I keep away from subjects I don't know much about or I ask questions of those who do know something.  Different approaches, can't put old heads on young shoulders and maybe one day, when you're old like me, you'll think back to these times and remember....
    Nope, SB is just a regular spirit to me. Because of his teachings? People did not have to be taught. A wise person once said to me.

"A medium is there own teacher". I have not learned from SB teaching. (I don't want to either). I have learned from my own spirit that's inside of me.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    as do you

Nope, SB is just a regular spirit to me. Because of his teachings? People did not have to be taught. A wise person once said to me.

"A medium is there own teacher". I have not learned from SB teaching. (I don't want to either). I have learned from my own spirit that's inside of me.
    You probably won't accept this but there are problems with any so-called self-teaching approach. 

Firstly you may not have the depth or breadth of spiritual knowledge you believe you have and secondly you may not have good access to whatever it is that you do have.  A truly-wise individual would allow for all ways of learning....

Just because you believe in your own ability to learn from what may be innate it doesn't mean that others can necessarily adopt that same principle.  Teaching has always been a part of learning in our world and from what I've heard that principle applies also in the world of the spirit.... 

The proof of the pudding will be in its eating.  You may become wise about many matters of the spirit or you may progress only a little from drawing on what you're hoping is inside of you.  Time will tell and let's all hope that time is on your side.
     :wink:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm