Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Spring, Monkey Puzzle Trees & Lilacs in Oregon & Washington

kardecian
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

Spring, Monkey Puzzle Trees & Lilacs in Oregon & Washington Empty Spring, Monkey Puzzle Trees & Lilacs in Oregon & Washington

Post  kardecian Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Spring can be a breath=taking time in the Pacific Northwest.  There is flora and fauna wherever you look: daffodils blooming in every yard; the squirrels waking up from their hibernation and scurrying about, the trees turning green and budding in pinks and whites....
    Two friends and I went up to the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens yesterday, in Woodland, WA ( http://lilacgardens.com/ ). And also to the IOOF Cemetery where my family has plots.  It was a very rainy day (as today is also) but the colors are spectacular.  The lilacs are brilliantly painted in shades of lavender, purple, blue and ivory.  The grass is greener than the sod in Ireland and the apple and cherry trees are blossoming in pink.  
    I bought a Monkey Puzzle Tree yesterday (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=monkey+puzzle+trees&qpvt=monkey+puzzle+trees&FORM=IGRE ) .  These were given out as seedling in 1905 in Portland, Oregon at the Lewis and Clark Exposition.  A South American expo participant gave out seedling at their booth at the 1905 Exposition. People went home and planted these trees. Now, there are a lot of 80 foot high Monkey Puzzled Trees (some call them Monkey Tail Trees) all over Portland.  Over the years, a lot of them have been chopped down. So, I was happy to see these young sprouts at the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens.  I planted it out front this morning. May it grow, prosper and eventually block the view of my neighbor's home!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Spring, Monkey Puzzle Trees & Lilacs in Oregon & Washington Empty Re: Spring, Monkey Puzzle Trees & Lilacs in Oregon & Washington

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Meant to come back to this yesterday. 
    You know the UK used to look like that once.   I remember cold frosty mornings in the Autumn,snow in the winter,spring bulbs coming up in April and beautiful warm weather in the summer.

What's wrong with your neighbour's house......????  :grin:
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Spring, Monkey Puzzle Trees & Lilacs in Oregon & Washington Empty Re: Spring, Monkey Puzzle Trees & Lilacs in Oregon & Washington

Post  kardecian Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:16 pm

My neighbor's house?  Hmmm.  Where to begin!  To put it bluntly, the neighbor's house is a wreck!  And they have an old RV sitting out front all of the time... sometimes 2.  Relatives of theirs who roll into town and park their RVs on the street and in the driveway for weeks on end.  Maybe I'm a snob?!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 am

No,you are not a snob,Mike far from it.... :giggles: 

I've had a few neighbours like that....
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:54 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:No,you are not a snob,Mike far from it.... :giggles: 

I used to watch the British sitcom KEEPING UP APPEARENCES.  Have you seen the program?  It featured a "Mrs Buckt." She insisted on telling people her name was pronounced "Bouquet."  She was a true snob!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 pm

kardecian wrote:

I used to watch the British sitcom KEEPING UP APPEARENCES.  Have you seen the program?  It featured a "Mrs Buckt." She insisted on telling people her name was pronounced "Bouquet."  She was a true snob!

I wish they would repeat that program.   One of Ken's sisters was like that.  Ken used to call her Mrs. Bouquet.
    Only one in the family like that.... 
    Ken used to call in while at work still in overalls.  He had to enter her house through the back door.... :grin:
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:27 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    kardecian wrote:

I wish they would repeat that program.   One of Ken's sisters was like that.  Ken used to call her Mrs. Bouquet.
    Ken used to call in while at work still in overalls.  He had to enter her house through the back door.... :grin:

I don't know if you get Netflix in the UK, but one can see all of those programs on Netflix.
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:28 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    kardecian wrote:

You can catch all of the reruns of Keeping Up Appearences on Netflix.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:36 am

Never tried that,Mike.   Some good old comedies from the past!... :giggles:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 am