Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My own lucid dreams manipulating me!?

pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : horse lover, philosopher and starving student.
    Registration date : 2013-05-26

My own lucid dreams manipulating me!? Empty My own lucid dreams manipulating me!?

Post  pageofwands Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:22 pm

My whole life I have had very vivid dreams, about 5 years ago I began journaling my dreams to understand them better and to become lucid. I now remember my dreams very accurately, with fine detail and am constantly aware I am dreaming. Over the past few months I have been able to control my own actions and thoughts (for brief periods) in the dream and have an awareness a small area of the dream around me, but not control of it. Almost like there is a bubble with me in the center that I have awareness of, I can not even sense dreamscape outside of this bubble.

Since I have become able to do this, the characters in my dreams have reacted in one of the most terrifying ways I can imagine. They will surround me, look me right in the face and say manipulative things to scare me into giving up the little control I have. The weirdest part is I can never remember what the manipulative things are that the characters say, even though my dream recall is better than ever. I also cannot stress enough how scary the character's faces become when they surround me. :evil1:

The characters are either completely random to me, or some kind of relevant authority figure. And the things they say are packed with a giant conglomerate of my worst fears and anxieties. It really is an impressive attempt. This usually causes me to wake up, or relinquish control because I don't have the ability to control the dream itself only my actions, some thoughts, and an awareness of the bubble around me.

I am hoping for some advice on how to defeat these subconciouss attackers so that I may continue advancing my lucid skills. In adittion any lucid dreaming tips to help me gain control of the dream space would be fantastic!

Thank you so much :si: !!
    Onyx
    Onyx

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Job/hobbies : Photography, Sales Person, Reading, Living
    Registration date : 2014-11-01

My own lucid dreams manipulating me!? Empty Re: My own lucid dreams manipulating me!?

Post  Onyx Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:53 am

Hi Pageofwands

Do you ground and protect before going to bed? Give it a try it should help you remain protected through your dreams. if you dont, give it a try...

Have a great day!
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female

My own lucid dreams manipulating me!? Empty Re: My own lucid dreams manipulating me!?

Post  pageofwands Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:22 am

Onyx wrote:Hi Pageofwands

Do you ground and protect before going to bed? Give it a try it should help you remain protected through your dreams. if you dont, give it a try...

Have a great day!
    That's awesome advice! I don't know too much about grounding and protecting, I mostly go by my own instincts as I've never really been taught - do you have any advice?

Thanks!!
    Onyx
    Onyx

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Job/hobbies : Photography, Sales Person, Reading, Living
    Registration date : 2014-11-01

Post  Onyx Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:25 am

Well what I do is this however i am sure there are many many methods and you can go with what feels right for you:

I sit quietly take 3 deep breaths imagine roots from my base chakra through my feet go deep into the ground to the earths center, i imagaing that each time i inhale i bring earth energy up and all negative gets exhaled for transmutation into positive, then i picture branches coming from my crown chakra reaching far beyond the stars and i inhale universal energy (still inhaling earth energy too) and exhale negative energy. then i imagine a big ball of energy which envelopes me and i say only positive energy may enter, negative/lower frequency energy bounce back to from where it came...

I see there is a section where this topic is discussed read through there and see what resonates with you :)

May you have an awsome day!
    Athena Rowan Dawn
    Athena Rowan Dawn

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual teacher and angel worker
    Registration date : 2014-10-20

Post  Athena Rowan Dawn Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:12 pm

As Onyx advises, if you are going to lucid dream you definitely need grounding and protection. I usually keep it simple and ask the angels to keep me grounded and protected. I also call in Archangel Michael, the angel of protection. Another alternative is to keep grounding and protective crystals by your bed. I use a fluorite pyramid.

In a lucid dream, you are in conscious control, though I know from my own experience when you are still learning and exploring with it, at times you can feel overwhelmed and helpless. This is like a fight/flight/freeze response, when you are literally freezing because you don't know what else to do. I was having lucid dreams at one time about a particular lost soul or entity who was affecting my family, especially my father, at that time. He would appear in my dreams as people I trusted and then morph into a demon-like figure in an attempt to terrify and disempower me. At the time I was learning a lot about Archangel Michael and in one of my lucid dreams Archangel Michael gave me a spiritual sword. The next time I saw the lost soul in a dream, I suddenly knew what to do - I called loudly, three times, for Archangel Michael and I brandished my sword. He was forced to reveal his true identity, which in truth was just a lost soul in need of help, and back off. Ever since I have done the same when feeling scared or threatened in a lucid dream, though this happens less these days anyway due to better grounding and protection.

So, it can be helpful to have a plan; it can be helpful to plan out while awake what you will do if that occurs again in a lucid dream. The chances are, if you have planned for it and thought about it consciously, you will remember to do it during the lucid dream.
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female

Post  pageofwands Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Athena, thanks so much for the advice! I agree, having a plan in waking thought really does help - I've used it for other problems lucid dreaming. Thanks for sharing your experience, that really helped to point me in the right direction for making a plan here!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm