Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Can anyone help me?

violetofthelight
    violetofthelight
    Just joined

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2014-11-10

Can anyone help me? Empty Can anyone help me?

Post  violetofthelight Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:10 pm

I recently lost someone and have been looking for and wanting signs that he's at peace, that I'll see him again, and that I was good enough to him while here. His name is Chance and a day after it I found out what had happened to him I was watching a tv show.

A man said, "Come on, give me a CHANCE!"
    And the woman replied, "GOD IN HEAVEN, fine."

Is this a sign? Or am I, in complete desperation to find comfort making something out of nothing? How can I know and have closure? What are your opinions on the afterlife? 

My soul is in a lot of pain.  :worry:
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Can anyone help me? Empty Re: Can anyone help me?

Post  Knight of Albion Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear of your grief.

One of the great spiritual truths - there is no death, life is a continuum.
    Chance is very much alive on the Other Side. 
    It's a realm of love and understanding. Thinking bad of you or that you weren't 'good enough'?, absolutely not.

Signs from loved ones who have passed over are relatively common. Clocks and birds are the common methods of this. The analogy is obvious. Though music can also be a factor.
    The purpose of a sign is to signify something that would be unmistakeable to the loved one, though other people might not 'get it.'

This is a nice video. 
    This concerns NDEs. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqInhGpECak

With NDEs 'you' go to the brink of death but because it isn't your 'time' you come back. 
    When it is your 'time' i.e. you die. It's exactly the same but instead of coming back you go right on through.
    That's what happened to your Chance.

What would be good for you is to read up about life after death. 
    I'm sure this would be a great help to you.
    There are lots of books on the subject. Anything by Dr Raymond Moody; 'The Art of Dying' by Dr Peter Fenwick and Elizabeth Fenwick; 'The Golden Key' by Percy Welsford are ones I'd recommend.

Take heart.
    violetofthelight
    violetofthelight
    Just joined

Post  violetofthelight Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Thank you so much for your comfort and thoughts. I have been reading on NDE's and have found that it changed my fear of death. Today I tried to read up on it, but the article was talking about how it's just your brain misfiring and sending out chemicals as it's malfunctioning because of death. That, according to them is what causes the tunnel vision and blissful feelings. What have you found that could disprove that? I personally find it hard to believe that people who are near death, or are dying would have very similar experiences or seeing loved ones. I believe that after this life there is bliss and so much more. I'm very interested to learn what your thoughts are on the "scientific" or "logical" explanations for these phenomena.

I find it hard to go against what my soul feels. And after learning to follow my soul, it lead me to the very wonderful world of Spirituality and all that comes with. Thank you for your link and I look forward to reading it. I feel in my heart that we can't possibly be just a bag of bones that once we die are nothing.

Thank you again, Knight of Albion :hugsquish:
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Firstly im sorry for your loss what you saw was a sign that chance is ok,you will see him again when the time is right. you are grieving right now and grief can take a long time to heal there is no time limit with grief,you will get other signs that he comes around you, they can come in many ways.he is ok now he is healthy again, I know this may not be of any comfort to you just yet.but give it time.
    just be kind to yourself .

Namaste
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 pm

violetofthelight wrote:Thank you so much for your comfort and thoughts. I have been reading on NDE's and have found that it changed my fear of death. Today I tried to read up on it, but the article was talking about how it's just your brain misfiring and sending out chemicals as it's malfunctioning because of death. That, according to them is what causes the tunnel vision and blissful feelings. What have you found that could disprove that? I personally find it hard to believe that people who are near death, or are dying would have very similar experiences or seeing loved ones. I believe that after this life there is bliss and so much more. I'm very interested to learn what your thoughts are on the "scientific" or "logical" explanations for these phenomena.

I find it hard to go against what my soul feels. And after learning to follow my soul, it lead me to the very wonderful world of Spirituality and all that comes with. Thank you for your link and I look forward to reading it. I feel in my heart that we can't possibly be just a bag of bones that once we die are nothing.

Thank you again, Knight of Albion :hugsquish:

Bless you.

There have been countless NDEs over the centuries, from as long ago as the time of Plato, so it's certainly nothing new.

As for the tired argument of NDEs being brain malfunctions or down to medication or outright fantasy ... 
    There have been NDEs were the person was clinically dead (but later recovered); as many NDEs away from hospitals as in, and with no drugs involved; and across cultures, nationalities and faiths there is broad agreement over the finer points - floating, sense of peace, tunnel, being of Light, realm of love, meeting 'dead' loved ones, even some they didn't know about. And I've yet to hear of any NDE that involved sex, naked women, cars, jewels, material things or tropical beach etc. all things one might expect from delusional fantasy.

We are immortal. animated by the Spirit of God and we are here to learn (through experience) to grow (in wisdom and love) and to advance the soul (ultimately to return to the Divine from whence we came.)
    violetofthelight
    violetofthelight
    Just joined

Post  violetofthelight Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:06 am

Native spirit wrote:Firstly im sorry for your loss what you saw was a sign that chance is ok,you will see him again when the time is right. you are grieving right now and grief can take a long time to heal there is no time limit with grief,you will get other signs that he comes around you, they can come in many ways.he is ok now he is healthy again, I know this may not be of any comfort to you just yet.but give it time.
    just be kind to yourself .

Namaste

Thank you so much. It's definitely comforting to know that I'm not just being hysterical or making something out of nothing. Your words are more than comforting, thank you.
    violetofthelight
    violetofthelight
    Just joined

Post  violetofthelight Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:08 am

Knight of Albion, 

Those are excellent points. If it were merely a fantasy I agree it wouldn't be as spiritual as most describe.You've inspired me to dive back into reading up on NDE's. Thank you.
    Onyx
    Onyx

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Job/hobbies : Photography, Sales Person, Reading, Living
    Registration date : 2014-11-01

Post  Onyx Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 am

Sorry for you grief, seems as though what I was going to say has been said by everyone already :)

Be at peace with the fact that Chance is with you. Never doubt your self worth...

Be strong, and when you cant just talk... :)
    violetofthelight
    violetofthelight
    Just joined

Post  violetofthelight Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Thank you, Onyx.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm