Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Fortelling a death?

reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Fortelling a death? Empty Fortelling a death?

Post  reikistar Thu May 14, 2015 6:11 pm

I know this an age-old question and no one can really answer but I'll ask it anyway.

A close relative of mine has been given a diagnosis of cancer and the prognosis is uncertain. She has had a lot of health issues for some years.

A few months back I had two dreams in quick succession that she was dying. I felt all the emotions very strongly.  It was as if I was saying goodbye.

A few nights ago I had another one although it was very vague and I think she had fallen somewhere.

Then last night I dreamed she was writing a text to me. I could see snippets of words and I think she was telling me about coming down to see me. She was talking fairly normally about a few things and people, when suddenly without warning she said 'I love you' and I saw two words written after that which were related to her diagnosis and left me with a sinister feeling. She is not, and never has been, emotionally expressive, so those words would never be spoken by her in real life. 

My reaction was dismay (of course) and worry about how we'd all cope without her. But almost instantly after that feeling I woke up with a tremendous jump.

I have to say that although she is very ill she could remain well for a few years and as such I haven't been consciously worrying about her.

Can dreams predict an imminent death or are the dreams simply a product of what's going on in my head?
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Fortelling a death? Empty Re: Fortelling a death?

Post  skye Thu May 14, 2015 7:17 pm

I believe some dreams are merely the thoughts and experiences being processed via our brain which we try to make sense of when we wake up. 

It could be that what you perceive to be a dream may actually be communication from the Spirit world. This shouldn't imply your relative is ready to depart the earth plane right now or in the very near future. My own experience under these circumstances are to accept the event as being Spirits way of preparing me of what is to come. I always find comfort in such type of interactions because they give me proof of our continued survival as well as the knowing no one person is ever alone when their time comes to cross over to the realms of Spirit.
    reikistar
    reikistar

Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.

Post  reikistar Thu May 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Thank you, that's very helpful. I do wonder if it's some sort of preparation then. I dream very vividly and always have done so I'm very in tune with my dream world and know when something feels different to normal. I guess I posted because these dreams do feel different to the ones that just come from my mind. Yes it is nice to know that I am being prepared - it gives the sense of not being alone in this world, and with our feelings.

Reikistar
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Fri May 15, 2015 10:51 am

I am so sorry to hear about your relative, stay positive and if you would like me to add someone to my healing list then I gladly will.

Dreams can do anything, afte all they are dreams. But, that said they can and often do predict death. I have experienced this and it can be very shocking. I tried to explain it and it really didn't help me through the experience when it was in real life, I felt too shocked. I wondered if the death was so traumatic to me that it caused a ripple of energy to go back through time and hit my sub-consicous when I was asleep and receptive.

Then there are the dreams that are just dreams, our sub-conscious preparing us, playing out possible scenarios, practising muscle impulses. I actually learn things when I am asleep!
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Fri May 15, 2015 3:02 pm

Dreams are cryptic in nature, most deal with day to day developments, others are messages.
    I turned off all day to day dreams, and only want messages to come trough.
    Is it possible to get a heads up of what it to happen? Of cause.
    Only we can tell.
    I had one of those messages before my father passed. But it was during the day time. I didn't know at first what it meant but when I received the call, my father was in hospital I knew he would pass.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Detlef wrote:Dreams are cryptic in nature, most deal with day to day developments, others are messages.

If you do that, how do you fare with regards to the scientific thoughts that we need dreams and with dream withdrawal we all suffer in our waking days?
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Fri May 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Crystal wrote:
    Detlef wrote:Dreams are cryptic in nature, most deal with day to day developments, others are messages.

If you do that, how do you fare with regards to the scientific thoughts that we need dreams and with dream withdrawal we all suffer in our waking days?
    It is not that I don't dream, I just don't remember. I don't want to remember since they are not important to my being here. Never the less, since I have to be here, the set up needs to include those connections that review you day to day experiences.
    I just have to tell those around me, I don't want them and I don't remember. I only remember messages. They make me remember them.
    The more important they are the clearer they are.
    reikistar
    reikistar

Post  reikistar Fri May 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have good dream recall but definitely remember more of the message-type dreams than the everyday ones. The more important they are the more vivid they are. So my experience is kind of similar.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Fri May 15, 2015 5:51 pm

Detlef thanks for clarifying that, makes sense now :)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am