Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Scientific Evidence of Mediumship

Godscell
    Godscell

Number of posts : 25
    Job/hobbies : Teacher, yoga instructor, medium, gardener
    Registration date : 2015-10-11

Scientific Evidence of Mediumship Empty Scientific Evidence of Mediumship

Post  Godscell Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:52 am

Before I witnessed a genuine medium giving highly evidential public readings, I essentially bought into the idea that mediumship was little more than cold reading or some other trickery, even though I had personally experienced apparitions! I think it is sad that so many of us are conditioned to think this way when there is actually scientific evidence that indicates mediumship is a genuine phenomenon. It doesn't surprise me that few people are aware of the research.  For example, recently, Julie Beishchel published new research on assisted after death communications that supports work that had been done by Gary Schwartz Phd. as reported in his book, The Afterlife Experiments. (An interview with Beishchel can be found on Alex Tsakiris' Skeptiko podcast if you're interested). It is my understanding that anthropologists have also documented evidence on mediumship and it is not just recent scientists who have investigated mediums, either. The Australian lawyer, Victor Zammit, identifies scientists such as the physicist, Sir Arthur Lodge (1851-1940),  who investigated mediumship and became convinced. Zammit often references such scientists in his Afterlife Report online newsletter. Dean Radin has also listed experimental research into mediumship in his Peer Reviewed PSI Research webpage. Perhaps more people would discover their ability to contact the afterlife or take comfort from consulting with a genuine medium if their sense of reality allowed for this possibility.
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Scientific Evidence of Mediumship Empty Re: Scientific Evidence of Mediumship

Post  Aqua Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:27 am

I had a reading done that convinced me of the truth of Mediumship.
    Godscell
    Godscell

Post  Godscell Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:01 am

I'm glad you were open minded  :congrats:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:51 am

It is sad that folk aren't raised a little more open minded I'm sure there would be fewer problems generally as we as in this regard.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Godscell
    Godscell

Post  Godscell Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:00 am

We're encouraged to see much as superstition and strictly for the gullible and so we often don't think to investigate for ourselves before joining the consensus.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Yes, sad but true.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:56 am

I think there are many many people that believe in such a variety of non-proven beliefs, because they have faith or trust in some innate knowing. Amongst those beliefs, are many about life after death, whether that be of heaven, reincarnation or a spirit realm, that often bring the individual that believes, some comfort at losing others as well as in facing their own death. That faith often offers some guidance for life too. So I think it's wrong to say that people that don't believe in mediumship are just not open minded enough.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 am