Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Are spreads important for card readings?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Are spreads important for card readings? Empty Are spreads important for card readings?

Post  Violet Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:44 pm

I'm just wondering about people's opions on this, if so which is your favourite and why?

Last edited by Violet on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Are spreads important for card readings? Empty Re: Are spreads important for card readings?

Post  Blueanchor Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:33 am

I think that prescribed spreads can help people when they begin to read, as the position of the cards offers a different aspect of meaning to them.

I use different spreads based on the intuition I get during the reading, so I often don't know what the spread will look like when I start, but along the way, I may get the feeling to take a card to represent an obstacle that is significant etc.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Are spreads important for card readings? Empty Re: Are spreads important for card readings?

Post  Violet Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:34 am

I always found the spreads confused things in the early days but I can also see now that they can be helpful, do you have a favourite spread?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:04 am

For Tarot, spreads are very important, for other cards not so much.

The spread should be chosen with care, before the cards are laid.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 am

Blueanchor wrote:I think that prescribed spreads can help people when they begin to read, as the position of the cards offers a different aspect of meaning to them.

I use different spreads based on the intuition I get during the reading, so I often don't know what the spread will look like when I start, but along the way, I may get the feeling to take a card to represent an obstacle that is significant etc.

What do you mean by a prescribed spread?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:46 am

Hi Violet, I tend to use my intuition when creating a spread, so the spread may be different each time.

Crystal, I mean specific shapes of spread, ie that are in books about tarot etc.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 am