Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Observation of how divination works...

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Observation of how divination works... Empty Observation of how divination works...

Post  ameliorate Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Today I met a professional psychic reader (established for 11 years) who uses the old version
    of Tarot cards.  I put to him something I read about divination, to sound out if it were true.

There are, of course, many forms of divination e.g. palmistry, tea leaf reading, crystal ball gazing,
    tarot cards etc.  What I recall reading is that the message is NOT in the lines of the hand, or the
    shape in the tea leaves etc but, rather, that they act a springboard to access our intuition - that it is
    our intuition that provides the reading.

So I put this to him and asked what he thought.  He wholeheartedly agreed!  Then I asked, "so does
    it matter which card is chosen" and he said "yes" although I cannot remember now why...but it does
    give some lead.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Observation of how divination works... Empty Re: Observation of how divination works...

Post  skye Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55 pm

I agree. In my opinion whatever tool of divination is used in a reading, it simply acts as a focus point for a reader.
    When what is usually happening is a psychic is tuning into the recipient's aura, whether the reading is carried out on-line or off-line, to receive and interpret the information via their intuition. 

When a tarot spread is used, it could be said the card number and placement or positioning of the cards can help maintain a structure to keep a reading on track. The position indicating what area a psychic is to focus on. For instance, it could be the past or the future or the heart of the matter. 

In the initial stages of development a reader may assume they are picking up the information from the symbolism of the cards and interpreting it to a recipient, which in fairness may be true. Some people will focus on the symbology to help with the interpretation and, it will become useful if and when used by their intuition in the future. 

Cards do have a use in that they can help a reader to refocus on a reading should they feel mentally 'blocked' or 'stuck'.

Understandably all psychic readers will have different methods and how to approach to their own readings.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Observation of how divination works... Empty Re: Observation of how divination works...

Post  ameliorate Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:16 am

skye wrote:I agree. In my opinion whatever tool of divination is used in a reading, it simply acts as a focus point for a reader.
    When what is usually happening is a psychic is tuning into the recipient's aura, whether the reading is carried out on-line or off-line, to receive and interpret the information via their intuition. 

When a tarot spread is used, it could be said the card number and placement or positioning of the cards can help maintain a structure to keep a reading on track. The position indicating what area a psychic is to focus on. For instance, it could be the past or the future or the heart of the matter. 

In the initial stages of development a reader may assume they are picking up the information from the symbolism of the cards and interpreting it to a recipient, which in fairness may be true. Some people will focus on the symbology to help with the interpretation and, it will become useful if and when used by their intuition in the future. 

Cards do have a use in that they can help a reader to refocus on a reading should they feel mentally 'blocked' or 'stuck'.

Understandably all psychic readers will have different methods and how to approach to their own readings.
    That makes sense and you describe it well. Thank you for helping me understand this process better.  I did wonder about it!

The psychic reader also said that the ability to give accurate info depended on many factors, e.g. if
    the client was negative/sceptical, blocking energy or just not very interactive.  He said he required
    some level of input from them to make a good reading so being too passive is not helpful.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:05 am

ameliorate wrote:
    skye wrote:I agree. In my opinion whatever tool of divination is used in a reading, it simply acts as a focus point for a reader.

That makes sense and you describe it well. Thank you for helping me understand this process better.  I did wonder about it!

The psychic reader also said that the ability to give accurate info depended on many factors, e.g. if
    the client was negative/sceptical, blocking energy or just not very interactive.  He said he required
    some level of input from them to make a good reading so being too passive is not helpful.

I do feel recipient interaction helps a psychic reader in so much as letting them know whether or not they are on the right path or train of thought. Much like a medium prefers a 'yes' or a 'no' reply to the message from a loved one. Interaction with a client may give the psychic reader more confidence in his ability to read the cards when he hears the information resonates with the recipient? Even though he is a professional.

I believe it's important for a client to have an open mind when they attend any type of reading.  If they are closed, they won't truly benefit from the reading and perhaps they have wasted their money from that stand point. 

I've done numerous psychic card readings on-line and off-line and I've noticed instant feedback encourages me to continue whereby on-line readings I am slightly nervous waiting for a reply, though I feel this is normal. Psychic readers are dealing with real people in real life situations and the responsibility can not be taken lightly.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:17 pm

There is tarot and tarot readings, and then there is tarot used for a 'springboard'. One is Tarot and one isn't. Both work differently. Anyone can learn to read tarot cards, they do not need to be psychic or spiritual or a medium.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Crystal wrote:There is tarot and tarot readings, and then there is tarot used for a 'springboard'. One is Tarot and one isn't. Both work differently. Anyone can learn to read tarot cards, they do not need to be psychic or spiritual or a medium.
    Crystal could you clarify what the differences are because your comment has confused me? 

I agree anyone can learn how to read tarot.  Yet, we are often told we are a Spirit being experiencing life as a human being. If this is to be believed then surely we each have a soul and are all born with natural psychic tendencies.

The reference made to a 'psychic reader' in ameliorate's original post is in my opinion implying it is 'he' that senses the vibrations and interprets the images or symbolism  via the use of his intuition. This suggests to me that  he is working on a psychic link and not communicating with a discarnate being in the Spirit Realms when practicing divination.   
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:42 pm

I connect to people psychically and in the past I have read this way. When I use cards, it is a far less intense connection that I feel with others, so they form a useful medium through which to communicate energy. I use cards to provide a more objective viewpoint of myself too.

However, I've heard many people speak of reading cards through learnt interpretation and just knowing the cards. And there seems no reason to disbelieve that there are other equally valid ways.

Psychic connections exist without us being conscious of them, so the energies from the sitter will draw the card that's needed, and a very accurate reading can be given by the reader based purely on the cards meaning.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Blueanchor wrote:I connect to people psychically and in the past I have read this way. When I use cards, it is a far less intense connection that I feel with others, so they form a useful medium through which to communicate energy. I use cards to provide a more objective viewpoint of myself too.

However, I've heard many people speak of reading cards through learnt interpretation and just knowing the cards. And there seems no reason to disbelieve that there are other equally valid ways.

Psychic connections exist without us being conscious of them, so the energies from the sitter will draw the card that's needed, and a very accurate reading can be given by the reader based purely on the cards meaning.
    Yes, as has been mentioned by Crystal, more than one method.  I personally would favour a psychic reader's experience if I were ever interested enough to get a reading.  I value the power of intuition.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:51 am

Intuition is a sense within ourselves and tends to feel the aura (the outer energies created by a persons experience of life at that moment), whereas, a psychic experience connects with the soul/spirit, (I can't remember which word people use here) energies.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:35 am

Blueanchor wrote:Intuition is a sense within ourselves and tends to feel the aura (the outer energies created by a persons experience of life at that moment), whereas, a psychic experience connects with the soul/spirit, (I can't remember which word people use here) energies.
    I find that division quite strange.

Whilst we all have the capacity to be intuitive, in many it is not accessed much less developed.  I would
    regard developed intuition as a psychic ability.  A definition of psychic is
    relating to the soul or mind.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Intuition is a sense within ourselves and tends to feel the aura (the outer energies created by a persons experience of life at that moment), whereas, a psychic experience connects with the soul/spirit, (I can't remember which word people use here) energies.
    My understanding of the word Psychic is it's derived from the Greek language, meaning Soul.

My belief is that a psychic automatically expands their aura - which is their own Spirit/Soul to blend this spiritual energy with another individual's Spirit/Soul for the purpose of divination. 

The information retrieved from within one's auric field, could relate to a person's past to the present moment and include people they know and/or once knew. However, a psychic would have to have mediumistic ability to communicate with a person from the Spirit World, as a psychic tends to work on a lower vibration to that of a medium. 

I perceive intuition as being a physical response to vibrations radiating from either a person or an object, thereby allowing such energies to influence our intuition so we can interpret the impressions in our own way to deliver a reading.

Speaking from my experience this is what is known as being a psychic reading because both participants are linked together psychically. 
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:36 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    I find that division quite strange.

Whilst we all have the capacity to be intuitive, in many it is not accessed much less developed.  I would
    regard developed intuition as a psychic ability.  A definition of psychic is
    relating to the soul or mind.

It's just how I feel it personally. For me there is a differentiation between my intuition and the way more intense psychic experiences I have. But you're right, it could be a stronger version of the same thing.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:31 pm

skye wrote:
    My understanding of the word Psychic is it's derived from the Greek language, meaning Soul.

My belief is that a psychic automatically expands their aura - which is their own Spirit/Soul to blend this spiritual energy with another individual's Spirit/Soul for the purpose of divination. 

The information retrieved from within one's auric field, could relate to a person's past to the present moment and include people they know and/or once knew. However, a psychic would have to have mediumistic ability to communicate with a person from the Spirit World, as a psychic tends to work on a lower vibration to that of a medium. 

I perceive intuition as being a physical response to vibrations radiating from either a person or an object, thereby allowing such energies to influence our intuition so we can interpret the impressions in our own way to deliver a reading.

Speaking from my experience this is what is known as being a psychic reading because both participants are linked together psychically. 

To be psychic actually feels like a merging of souls/spirit - and this is how intuition feels different than psychic experiences to me.

From the evidence mediums give, they mostly pick up on the mental/emotional dimension between the living and deceased. Whereas psychics can understand the journey of a soul through many lifetimes, the lessons it has experienced and where the energies that it is creating (karma) are leading. These aren't comparable as they have such different purposes.

Yet those in the spiritualist church perpetuate the myth that psychic ability is a beginners step towards being a medium - and this tends to be where the belief that mediumship works with higher vibrations than psychics comes from. 

I'm not a spiritualist, but I have communicated from the discarnate loved ones of people, and connect with animal guides and other beings on different dimensional frequencies. What I believe is that each dimension has its own frequency, none is greater than another and there is no stepping stones of greater worthiness to be found. It works more like this - if it is necessary for a person to see proof that an emotional connection lives on after dicarnating, then those are the experiences that they will attract. Whereas, if it is necessary for a person to experience the healing realm, or the spirit council, or angelic energies, then that is what they will attract.

So in my belief, our own experiences develop out of our needs - not as a measure of spiritual development.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:18 pm

It has become evident to me that those who are psychic are not necessarily spiritualised, although
    there may well be an overlap.   (The reverse also being true i.e. those that are spiritualised
    are not necessarily psychic).

In buddhism, becoming more spiritual can lead to becoming psychic.  However such directions
    are discouraged since they foster the ego.  I do understand how this can be true.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:02 pm

ameliorate wrote:It has become evident to me that those who are psychic are not necessarily spiritualised, although
    there may well be an overlap.   (The reverse also being true i.e. those that are spiritualised

In buddhism, becoming more spiritual can lead to becoming psychic.  However such directions
    are discouraged since they foster the ego.  I do understand how this can be true.

One wonderful lady, that I met at just the right time, said to me "being psychic doesn't mean that a person is spiritual", and that is a lesson that has I've learnt in many ways.

I am psychic and it's something that I have grown up with - but I've not gone down the doing readings route - I have given readings occasionally in groups that I'm part of for my own development, but it's not something that I've offered as a service to others. It's part of who I am. But my spiritual development is about addressing the conflicts that arise between desire, fear, inner knowing and the sense of integrity.

The ego is what it is, it is having a sense of the self as being separate from the self of another person. Of course it has it's down side in the illusions of who we believe ourselves to be or the person we think we are. But, having experienced psychic connections, when it feels like souls merge and the boundaries of self are temporarily lost, I feel that having or finding a sense of self or ego, is a necessary part of being human and living in society.

balance in all things.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:It has become evident to me that those who are psychic are not necessarily spiritualised, although

One wonderful lady, that I met at just the right time, said to me "being psychic doesn't mean that a person is spiritual", and that is a lesson that has I've learnt in many ways.

I am psychic and it's something that I have grown up with - but I've not gone down the doing readings route - I have given readings occasionally in groups that I'm part of for my own development, but it's not something that I've offered as a service to others. It's part of who I am. But my spiritual development is about addressing the conflicts that arise between desire, fear, inner knowing and the sense of integrity.

The ego is what it is, it is having a sense of the self as being separate from the self of another person. Of course it has it's down side in the illusions of who we believe ourselves to be or the person we think we are. But, having experienced psychic connections, when it feels like souls merge and the boundaries of self are temporarily lost, I feel that having or finding a sense of self or ego, is a necessary part of being human and living in society.

balance in all things.
    Yes this is a common misconception, i.e. that the ego needs doing away with.  Our ego is our worldly ID and so I don't believe in ego death or that it is truly possible for those living in society (i.e. maybe for some highly trained monks).

So, what buddhism addresses is minimising the ego/keeping it in check.  Many spiritual teachings speak of this.  Being too full of ourselves obstructs our access to our spirit.  When we are self-centred then this precludes concern for others.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:41 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    skye wrote:

To be psychic actually feels like a merging of souls/spirit - and this is how intuition feels different than psychic experiences to me.

From the evidence mediums give, they mostly pick up on the mental/emotional dimension between the living and deceased. Whereas psychics can understand the journey of a soul through many lifetimes, the lessons it has experienced and where the energies that it is creating (karma) are leading. These aren't comparable as they have such different purposes.

Yet those in the spiritualist church perpetuate the myth that psychic ability is a beginners step towards being a medium - and this tends to be where the belief that mediumship works with higher vibrations than psychics comes from. 

I'm not a spiritualist, but I have communicated from the discarnate loved ones of people, and connect with animal guides and other beings on different dimensional frequencies. What I believe is that each dimension has its own frequency, none is greater than another and there is no stepping stones of greater worthiness to be found. It works more like this - if it is necessary for a person to see proof that an emotional connection lives on after dicarnating, then those are the experiences that they will attract. Whereas, if it is necessary for a person to experience the healing realm, or the spirit council, or angelic energies, then that is what they will attract.

So in my belief, our own experiences develop out of our needs - not as a measure of spiritual development.

There are many myths and misconceptions about Spiritualism and while some churches may suggest psychic ability is a beginners stepping stone towards being a medium, my experience and time spent in a Spiritualist church differed completely. Potential mediums were asked to raise their own vibration to help with the blending and merging of energies with a spirit communicator to become as one. This is not the same as saying mediumship works with those on a higher vibration to that of a psychic. I'm aware my post mentioned 'psychics tend to work on a lower vibration'. In hindsight perhaps I should have wrote it as such that mediums and psychics use their energies differently, as I wasn't suggesting one way of working is better than another.  

As a large number of human beings are initially interested only in learning about their deceased loved ones, it's understandable mediums will aim to connect with these spirit beings in the spirit realms.  

I believe that each dimension has it's own frequency and none is greater than another. This could also be applicable with people too, as we are able to create our own universe, each experience being unique to each individual. Development and unfolding of mediumship and psychic faculties doesn't necessarily imply it is a measure of ones spiritual development. 
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:41 am

ameliorate wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

balance in all things.
    Yes this is a common misconception, i.e. that the ego needs doing away with.  Our ego is our worldly ID and so I don't believe in ego death or that it is truly possible for those living in society (i.e. maybe for some highly trained monks).

So, what buddhism addresses is minimising the ego/keeping it in check.  Many spiritual teachings speak of this.  Being too full of ourselves obstructs our access to our spirit.  When we are self-centred then this precludes concern for others.

I agree with this. I would go further to say that it is more the strength of belief in our selves or ego that prevents us from connecting with others. That applies whether the ego is inflated or deflated

You've got me to thinking about why that is now hehe - it's interesting :rainbow:
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:33 am

skye wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    skye wrote:

There are many myths and misconceptions about Spiritualism and while some churches may suggest psychic ability is a beginners stepping stone towards being a medium, my experience and time spent in a Spiritualist church differed completely. Potential mediums were asked to raise their own vibration to help with the blending and merging of energies with a spirit communicator to become as one. This is not the same as saying mediumship works with those on a higher vibration to that of a psychic. I'm aware my post mentioned 'psychics tend to work on a lower vibration'. In hindsight perhaps I should have wrote it as such that mediums and psychics use their energies differently, as I wasn't suggesting one way of working is better than another.  

As a large number of human beings are initially interested only in learning about their deceased loved ones, it's understandable mediums will aim to connect with these spirit beings in the spirit realms.  

I believe that each dimension has it's own frequency and none is greater than another. This could also be applicable with people too, as we are able to create our own universe, each experience being unique to each individual. Development and unfolding of mediumship and psychic faculties doesn't necessarily imply it is a measure of ones spiritual development. 

Don't worry, you're not alone in thinking that psychics work on a lower frequency.

But when I connect psychically, I feel vibration at different rates and the connection comes when the energies of my consciousness merge with the energies of the connection. So psychic experience works on many different vibrational frequencies.
    Not all psychics do readings for people - much of what I do is in communication with the energies of the earth, nature and the universe that we live in. So the frequencies that I meet with will be different to those that the psychic reader, mentioned in the first post, uses to read.   

It sounds like in your church, people were asked to adjust their vibration in a similar way, to bring it to a place that met the vibration needed to communicate with the realm that they wanted to. So, it is really just the purpose that is different.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Don't worry, you're not alone in thinking that psychics work on a lower frequency.

But when I connect psychically, I feel vibration at different rates and the connection comes when the energies of my consciousness merge with the energies of the connection. So psychic experience works on many different vibrational frequencies.
    Not all psychics do readings for people - much of what I do is in communication with the energies of the earth, nature and the universe that we live in. So the frequencies that I meet with will be different to those that the psychic reader, mentioned in the first post, uses to read.   

It sounds like in your church, people were asked to adjust their vibration in a similar way, to bring it to a place that met the vibration needed to communicate with the realm that they wanted to. So, it is really just the purpose that is different.
    My experience is primarily of psychics working on the material level, for the purpose of helping clients who feel a psychic reading could offer them guidance and advice which will inspire them to make positive changes in the running of their day to day lives. This I believe could also be people's experience of their encounter with a psychic. And as such my opinion is clients should be made aware of what to expect from a reading beforehand and whether the information or message is coming from a psychic or, a medium, via a spirit communicator. This is likely to be where misunderstandings about different levels were formed as some people believe their loved one's are in heaven above, therefore we must be below.

I do understand there are psychics who do not do readings for people, yet whose work I believe can be as valuable to society or a community as to those who do. At one time I experimented dowsing with diving rods and was as much impressed with the results as I was at becoming aware of the differences in vibrational frequencies on each attempt. I used to wonder if working with divining rods would have continued had mediumship not come my way.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:53 am

Yes, I go to psychic fayres, where mediumship and psychic readings are given for commercial reasons, and apart from a couple of occasions I'm generally unimpressed. But it's the same in any commercial industry, these places cater to the masses and to what many customers want.

So out of all those people, only two have truly been able to make the deep connections, that for me are a part of spirituality. And I think that perhaps paints a more realistic picture of commercial spirituality (whether medium or psychic). I don't know why it would really make any difference if a client is made aware beforehand - and if a person is both a psychic and a medium, then they may not know if any spirit is going to come through for that person... it's not really something you can promise before a reading.

But besides commercialised spirituality, there is a deeper aspect for some of us, which isn't all about showing gifts to other people, but is about a whole spiritual way of life - or to coin a phrase, is about learning to live as a spirit on the earth.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Yes, I go to psychic fayres, where mediumship and psychic readings are given for commercial reasons, and apart from a couple of occasions I'm generally unimpressed. But it's the same in any commercial industry, these places cater to the masses and to what many customers want.

So out of all those people, only two have truly been able to make the deep connections, that for me are a part of spirituality. And I think that perhaps paints a more realistic picture of commercial spirituality (whether medium or psychic). I don't know why it would really make any difference if a client is made aware beforehand - and if a person is both a psychic and a medium, then they may not know if any spirit is going to come through for that person... it's not really something you can promise before a reading.

But besides commercialised spirituality, there is a deeper aspect for some of us, which isn't all about showing gifts to other people, but is about a whole spiritual way of life - or to coin a phrase, is about learning to live as a spirit on the earth.
    Sadly I have to agree with you in that I feel the standards of mediumship has fallen especially in Spiritualist churches and I can't see it being much better at psychic fairs.  I believe some people may be more interested in being seen as doing in the public eye, rather than paying attention to how they conduct themselves or how to deliver a message, be it psychic or mediumistic.  

The reason I would explain what a client should expect to hear during a reading is to inform them of the differences which both types of reader has to offer.  In my mind this can avoid disappointment to the client should they have preferred a psychic reading to a mediumistic one.  I have heard it said, some people do not want a mediumship reading as they don't want to hear from  a deceased loved one, even though this particular Spirit may not communicate. Mediumship is seen as an experiment (with myself and some other mediums) as no one medium can ever guarantee a spirit will want to make themselves known.

While I believe we all possess psychic ability and have the potential to be mediums, not every reader we choose to read for us will be mediumistic. 

Yes, I do understand spirituality for some people will have a deeper meaning that affects how they conduct their lives, as well as being of service to humanity. I recall a saying I was once taught " Be in the world but not of the world." My definition of this quote is "to enjoy life and not to let my spirit be dominated by ego."  Something which is easier said than done, however the lesson continues.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:02 am

Yes I see your point re educating people on the difference between psychic and medium, so they know what a reading might bring. But again, the idea that everyone's a psychic, but not everyone's a medium is another of those myths that seem to come out of spiritualist churches, perhaps because the churches focus is on developing medium communication. 

But everyone has the potential to connect both psychically and through mediumship. Many people don't connect through either. But I have known mediums that rarely connect psychically and psychics that rarely connect to discarnates. The few times that I have spoken to peoples deceased relatives is when it was right for a particular situation. I already believe that life doesn't end at death, so that kind of spiritualism doesn't attract me   

But with these myths that psychics work with lower vibrations and that everyones psychic, but not everyones a medium, it's unsurprising that commercial readers often call themselves psychic/mediums. Why would anyone pay for something that anyone can do.

hehe, I have to get down off my soap box and go to work though now :)
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:19 pm

"But again, the idea that everyone's a psychic, but not everyone's a medium is another of those myths that seem to come out of spiritualist churches, perhaps because the churches focus is on developing medium communication."

This isn't an accurate representation of the position concerning the Modern Spiritualist church. 

The Spiritualist church doesn't maintain that everyone is a psychic etc. although I accept it may be misunderstood that way.   What is closer to the situation is that mediums are psychic (adjective) but not all who are psychic are also mediums.  A 'medium' is considered to be someone helping bring about communication between the etheric and the physical worlds.

Put more simply, someone may have psychic sensitivity but not necessarily be able to act as a third party facilitator of communication as described above.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:31 pm

"But everyone has the potential to connect both psychically and through mediumship. Many people don't connect through either. But I have known mediums that rarely connect psychically and psychics that rarely connect to discarnates. The few times that I have spoken to peoples deceased relatives is when it was right for a particular situation. I already believe that life doesn't end at death, so that kind of spiritualism doesn't attract me ."

It could also be argued that everyone with a full set of fingers and two feet has the potential to be a concert pianist....  :happy:

As I explained earlier, Spiritualism's take on mediumship is simple but - of course -  mediums don't have to be Spiritualists or even subscribe to Spiritualist philosophy or attend church.  And when saying 'Spiritualism' I'm speaking about plain, vanilla Spiritualist church, not Christian Spiritualism or any other version.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm