Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hello everyone

cocacolazero098
    cocacolazero098
    Just joined

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2016-11-19

Hello everyone  Empty Hello everyone

Post  cocacolazero098 Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 pm

Hello Everyone!      

My name is Thorben and i come from Germany, i am 22 years old and currently facing depression,it seems to get worse everyday. Has anybody here fought a similiar demon? Some days it feels like i dont have a reason to get out of the bed,some days its better. Im trying to get help and i believe this is the first step to doing so!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Hello everyone  Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post  ameliorate Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:09 pm

cocacolazero098 wrote:Hello Everyone!      

My name is Thorben and i come from Germany, i am 22 years old and currently facing depression,it seems to get worse everyday. Has anybody here fought a similiar demon? Some days it feels like i dont have a reason to get out of the bed,some days its better. Im trying to get help and i believe this is the first step to doing so!
    Welcome to this forum.

I had clinical/very severe depression - found it hard to put one foot in front of the other, i.e. to walk!  It is not a demon although I understand if it seems that way to you.  I urge you to seek professional help since depression is a slippery slope and very hard to pull yourself out of without help. 

Treatment is not necessarily drugs (which I didn't take anyway) but there should be talking therapy available - at least there is here in UK.  Not sure about Germany.  It helps you change your negative thought patterns, called CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy).  You will discover that you can choose how you react to situations which, how you are now, will probably be disbelieved! 
    AmarenLux
    AmarenLux

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Job/hobbies : Nursing Student, Spirituality, Art, Hippie
    Registration date : 2015-12-04

Hello everyone  Empty Hey and welcome

Post  AmarenLux Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:38 am

Welcome to the forum, I hope you are able to receive the help and answers to your questions you are currently seeking.
    cocacolazero098
    cocacolazero098
    Just joined

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2016-11-19

Post  cocacolazero098 Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Thank you both for your answers,right now i am trying to slowly fix my life while fighting my problems the best i can. I am thinking about visiting a proffessional psychoterapist to talk with but Im not sure if thats good for me right  now since i am VERY socially anxious. But i feel since so many people on this forum felt the same and are better now so will i!
    AmarenLux
    AmarenLux

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Job/hobbies : Nursing Student, Spirituality, Art, Hippie
    Registration date : 2015-12-04

Post  AmarenLux Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:32 pm

cool :)
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:15 pm

cocacolazero098 wrote:Thank you both for your answers,right now i am trying to slowly fix my life while fighting my problems the best i can. I am thinking about visiting a proffessional psychoterapist to talk with but Im not sure if thats good for me right  now since i am VERY socially anxious. But i feel since so many people on this forum felt the same and are better now so will i!
    There is no need to feel socially anxious about seeing a therapist.  They are not there to judge you but are on your side, i.e. there to help you.
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:23 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Thorben.

I hope you soon find a brighter day ...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am