Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Time Slips

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Time Slips Empty Time Slips

Post  ameliorate Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:11 pm

I am fascinated by this phenomenon. 

For those who may not be familiar with this, it is where people experience somehow slipping briefly back in a past time!

https://exemplore.com/paranormal/The-Liverpool-Time-Slips-The-True-Story-Of-Mysterious-Occurences-In-Bold-Street

Time is said to be a man made concept so not necessarily linear (i.e. the past being gone, the present now, the future ahead).  There is a theory that they all co-exist (simultaneously) which would account for the possibility of people being able to slip back in time!

Your thoughts.....
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Time Slips Empty Re: Time Slips

Post  Blueanchor Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:05 pm

I agree with the theory you mention. I've not experienced a time slip as the article suggests, but I have experienced the phenomena of past life memories that feel as if I am in that place for a moment.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:40 pm

The brain produces time. place, and self. Linear time does not exist. It is all "Now" time. Dinosores still exist, we call them birds.
    Sparkster
    Sparkster
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Job/hobbies : Writer/Researcher/Author
    Registration date : 2017-04-01

Post  Sparkster Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:09 am

At numerous points throughout my life, I have been able to send and retrieve physical items and objects back and forth through time. This includes books, music CD's and more from the future which I have had in my possession twenty years before they were released - before their authors/musicians had even decided to write them! It's strange but it's certainly possible. I would call this either Chronesthesia (which is now proven) or Chronokinesis.

As I understand it, time is a temporal construct created by the medial temporal lobe and is a dimension created by consciousness in order to experience the change caused by energy in motion (emotion) - energy is always in motion, nothing is ever still.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:19 am

Sparkster wrote:At numerous points throughout my life, I have been able to send and retrieve physical items and objects back and forth through time. This includes books, music CD's and more from the future which I have had in my possession twenty years before they were released - before their authors/musicians had even decided to write them! It's strange but it's certainly possible. I would call this either Chronesthesia (which is now proven) or Chronokinesis.

As I understand it, time is a temporal construct created by the medial temporal lobe and is a dimension created by consciousness in order to experience the change caused by energy in motion (emotion) - energy is always in motion, nothing is ever still.
    First, welcome to this forum!

I am puzzled by your post since
    chronesthesia is mental time travel - the ability to be aware of one's past or future.  You are saying you can do this physically!  Time Slips 588401

Can you give a specific example of future time travel that you have had?
    Sparkster
    Sparkster
    Just joined

Male

Post  Sparkster Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:29 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Sparkster wrote:At numerous points throughout my life, I have been able to send and retrieve physical items and objects back and forth through time. This includes books, music CD's and more from the future which I have had in my possession twenty years before they were released - before their authors/musicians had even decided to write them! It's strange but it's certainly possible. I would call this either Chronesthesia (which is now proven) or Chronokinesis.

First, welcome to this forum!

I am puzzled by your post since
    chronesthesia is mental time travel - the ability to be aware of one's past or future.  You are saying you can do this physically!  Time Slips 588401

Can you give a specific example of future time travel that you have had?

Thank you for the welcome. I can certainly try to explain it but only in the way that I have come to understand it. As far as I can tell, mental time travel is supposedly subjective - which means you can access things from the future which happen to you personally. When I have done this, I don't actually have any conscious memories of being in the future but I simply attempt to contact my future self and ask my future self to send back items to me. It doesn't happen straight away but often when I am asleep or I'll go out the next day to find the object.

One example of this is a music album on CD by Clutch, another by Asking Alexandria. I had the album by clutch when I was 17 years old which is 22 years ago. That album didn't get released until 2015. The other CD by Asking Alexandria I also had 22 years ago and that wasn't released until 2016. In fact, when I had that album in my possession at the age of 17 the singer would have been just four years old! But I don't actually have any memories of being in the future to retrieve it - it's more like the item simply just appeared in the here and now.

As I understand it, time is just an illusion anyway. Past, present and future are all intertwined and are all one which ties in with quantum mechanics, the universe being an endless sea of infinite possibilities all being played out simultaneously. We already know that consciousness collapses the wave-particle function and that reality only exists when it's being observed. That is, the observer creates the reality and light knows whether it is being observed or not; it has intelligence. I am a believer in biocentricity/panpsychism - universal consciousness.

From those two examples, it's possible that the titles of those albums may be relevant!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience.  To be frank, I have some difficulty believing that this could have happened, i.e. a materialisation of something from the future entering our current reality.  Not least because you have no clear conscious memory of your future self and it is my understanding that, in creative manifestation, there needs to be a clear visualisation of the scenario encapsulating that which is wanted.  This is just my opinion you understand, i.e. other members may feel differently.

For what it's worth, I resonate a lot with your final paragraph!
    Sparkster
    Sparkster
    Just joined

Male

Post  Sparkster Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:31 pm

That's fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion and to choose whether you believe me or not. At first, I seriously thought I was just imagining things or was going crazy... but twenty years on those albums, books, etc were then released - which seriously caused me to question the true nature of reality. I've spent nearly all my life researching psychology, consciousness, psychiatry, quantum mechanics, etc, etc, etc so can only really explain this as I understand it from my own perspective. I have, however, managed to find other people who have been experiencing the exact same thing and the similarities are astounding.

Perhaps it's something you may want to try yourself? I found it as simple as attempting to contact my future/higher self (for example, asking my 40 year old self when I was still 17) and asking for something relevant to my life at that time to be sent back. It worked the very first time I tried it.

Why not try it yourself and see what happens (if anything)?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Sparkster wrote:That's fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion and to choose whether you believe me or not. At first, I seriously thought I was just imagining things or was going crazy... but twenty years on those albums, books, etc were then released - which seriously caused me to question the true nature of reality. I've spent nearly all my life researching psychology, consciousness, psychiatry, quantum mechanics, etc, etc, etc so can only really explain this as I understand it from my own perspective. I have, however, managed to find other people who have been experiencing the exact same thing and the similarities are astounding.

Perhaps it's something you may want to try yourself? I found it as simple as attempting to contact my future/higher self (for example, asking my 40 year old self when I was still 17) and asking for something relevant to my life at that time to be sent back. It worked the very first time I tried it.

Well I am 66 so don't have much of a future!  Also I am not comfortable with doing that exercise (e.g. maybe it could initiate untold repercussions which cannot be foreseen or controlled) but thank you for the suggestion.  Perhaps other members here will try it!
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Sparkster wrote:That's fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion and to choose whether you believe me or not. At first, I seriously thought I was just imagining things or was going crazy... but twenty years on those albums, books, etc were then released - which seriously caused me to question the true nature of reality. I've spent nearly all my life researching psychology, consciousness, psychiatry, quantum mechanics, etc, etc, etc so can only really explain this as I understand it from my own perspective. I have, however, managed to find other people who have been experiencing the exact same thing and the similarities are astounding.

Are objects always personal to you?  If not are there things you could request your higher-self to 'send back' that could be objectively assessed?  Could you ask for something other than music or books, maybe an object that would give an insight - for example - into where quantum science, or perhaps medicine, is heading?

I'm not questioning, or doubting. what you've told us but it would be more interesting if it weren't an object, or objects, that had relevance only for yourself.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm