Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Help with Guides? :)

RipplingRoses
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Job/hobbies : Spiritualism, meditation, reading
    Registration date : 2016-12-24

Help with Guides? :) Empty Help with Guides? :)

Post  RipplingRoses Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:06 am

I signed up a couple of weeks ago but have been inactive. I've been meditating doing whatever it takes to meet them and nothing has happened. I understand some people weren't "meant" to meet them but i still dream about doing so one day. I was wondering if there was anyone who could contact them for me? I'd love to see what they have to say. :) Please PM me if interested.
    littlebee

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2017-03-02

Help with Guides? :) Empty Re: Help with Guides? :)

Post  littlebee Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Im sure you'll meet them ripplingroses if you hadn't already. There is a large man that popped up straight away his personality is larger then life. Dark hair and beard a loud man full of life and laughter i get pop if that means anything.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:27 pm

You can alsoo try too hard sonetimes as I found in the early days  :blush: so keep up with regular meditation but don't let it become a chore, also try a short relaxation exercise just before you meditate, keep us posted. :flo:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:02 pm

RipplingRoses wrote:I signed up a couple of weeks ago but have been inactive. I've been meditating doing whatever it takes to meet them and nothing has happened. I understand some people weren't "meant" to meet them but i still dream about doing so one day. I was wondering if there was anyone who could contact them for me? I'd love to see what they have to say. :) Please PM me if interested.
    Forgive me raising this point but you're very young (at least compared with me!) and the way I see matters is that spiritual issues can wait 'til you're older and your life has been lived in whatever way it will be for you.  By all means meditate if you find you enjoy it but please don't if it's a chore and you're doing it because you think it's what you should do.

If you're intended to have an active spiritual role it will come about when the time is right.  Perhaps right now it's not?
    Amore
    Amore

Female
    Number of posts : 36
    Job/hobbies : Teaching, Piano, etc
    Registration date : 2017-11-19

Post  Amore Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:08 pm

mac wrote:
    RipplingRoses wrote:I signed up a couple of weeks ago but have been inactive. I've been meditating doing whatever it takes to meet them and nothing has happened. I understand some people weren't "meant" to meet them but i still dream about doing so one day. I was wondering if there was anyone who could contact them for me? I'd love to see what they have to say. :) Please PM me if interested.
    Forgive me raising this point but you're very young (at least compared with me!) and the way I see matters is that spiritual issues can wait 'til you're older and your life has been lived in whatever way it will be for you.  By all means meditate if you find you enjoy it but please don't if it's a chore and you're doing it because you think it's what you should do.

If you're intended to have an active spiritual role it will come about when the time is right.  Perhaps right now it's not?

Good points.

Really, if I were to live 1,000 years - and look back on how I see God (or my highest spiritual idea) now - I'd realize it was immature - and really now (compared to in the future), my idea of God is likely more like a spirit-guide or angel.  Paul Tillech suggested God is "one's ultimate concern" and the challenge is to have such a concern with the least amount of idolatry... that is the least amount of clinging to things that are not really worthy of the highest spirituality.  But the way we are - works in progress - idolatry will be part of our spiritual fumbling.  Trial and error... is how learning tends to happen, even if it's just trial and error in how we think and consequent emotions.

I believe (though it could change) that imagination plays a major role in spirituality.  It doesn’t mean that what we experience is not real and true - but rather that it’s experienced through our own perspectives and imaginings - how we relate most.  It’s unique for each.  I appreciate the good of different religious, but I just realized that some aspects of my religious upbringing have been holding me back.  I was kind of shamed into seeing and praying to God in certain "approved" ways.  But God is everything - in all - it even says in scriptures!  So, if in a moment, I need God to be someone who gives me encouragement, another time to laugh with me, another to cry with me... why not?  I am so grateful for the many times people have loved me and I've loved them and we've shared things - but often, nobody can love me as unconditionally as I crave.  That is what God and higher love/spirituality are for.

So, I think there is a need to let go (at least temporarily) of the questioning, skeptical part of us and trust our spiritual selves to ask for and tune in to & receive any spiritual help that we need.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:27 am