Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Kama Loka and Kama Rupa!

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Kama Loka and Kama Rupa! Empty Re: Kama Loka and Kama Rupa!

Post  psychoslice Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:10 am

gigpdo wrote:Mmmm,a change of direction and thought about my mate Eddie and my visit to see him in "purgatory"!

Purgatory eh,everyone has heard of purgatory,especially the older members,old movies and novels and some religious groups all mention purgatory,we have a preconceived idea of what purgatory is,and I suppose its a place the dead go to before they are allowed into the pureness and cleanliness of Heaven!,well something like that anyway.
    A place where the dross is removed,the overburden,the removal of all unclean thoughts and a type of penance for our so called "sins" on Earth.

So my mate died,I went to visit him,or did i,did I go to the place I thought of as purgatory or was that my imagination?
    I definitely went somewhere, it was definitely me who was zooming through space at great speed,that's a given as far as I am concerned.

But,my beliefs have changed over the years,back then I was all over the place mentally, I have been trying all my life to realise what "I" am all about,not others,that's not my business.
    But Kama Loka to me is a real place,its really the astral plane that overlaps sometimes into the physical plane,and because my mate Eddie died accidentally did he go before his allotted time!,if he did then his spirit or soul or whatever you want to call it is stuck in Kama Loka,roaming around waiting for his allotted Earth life span to finish before going forward!,a span cut short by accident.

So did I visit Eddie my mate at all?
    Or if in Kama Loka then the image I seen was/could of been Eddies empty earth shell or Kama Rupa!

I know its all very confusing,but I have to follow a certain path in life,a path of my choosing,a path that is full of obstacles all caused by my past life Karma.
    I choose to believe that this version of the story is the correct one,the first version about my visit to "Purgatory" I think was because of my past upbringing as a church going Protestant,a 16 year brainwashing journey,a journey that obviously failed,others though were not so lucky,others who are around my age and still unsure or lost in their own headspace,but not forever,anyone can change,it is allowed, to change that is,to think for ourselves!

:soap: :cat:
    Purgatory was made up by the sick to get money from the ignorant.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:36 am

psychoslice wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:Mmmm,a change of direction and thought about my mate Eddie and my visit to see him in "purgatory"!

Purgatory eh,everyone has heard of purgatory,especially the older members,old movies and novels and some religious groups all mention purgatory,we have a preconceived idea of what purgatory is,and I suppose its a place the dead go to before they are allowed into the pureness and cleanliness of Heaven!,well something like that anyway.
    A place where the dross is removed,the overburden,the removal of all unclean thoughts and a type of penance for our so called "sins" on Earth.

So my mate died,I went to visit him,or did i,did I go to the place I thought of as purgatory or was that my imagination?
    I definitely went somewhere, it was definitely me who was zooming through space at great speed,that's a given as far as I am concerned.

But,my beliefs have changed over the years,back then I was all over the place mentally, I have been trying all my life to realise what "I" am all about,not others,that's not my business.
    But Kama Loka to me is a real place,its really the astral plane that overlaps sometimes into the physical plane,and because my mate Eddie died accidentally did he go before his allotted time!,if he did then his spirit or soul or whatever you want to call it is stuck in Kama Loka,roaming around waiting for his allotted Earth life span to finish before going forward!,a span cut short by accident.

So did I visit Eddie my mate at all?
    Or if in Kama Loka then the image I seen was/could of been Eddies empty earth shell or Kama Rupa!

I know its all very confusing,but I have to follow a certain path in life,a path of my choosing,a path that is full of obstacles all caused by my past life Karma.
    I choose to believe that this version of the story is the correct one,the first version about my visit to "Purgatory" I think was because of my past upbringing as a church going Protestant,a 16 year brainwashing journey,a journey that obviously failed,others though were not so lucky,others who are around my age and still unsure or lost in their own headspace,but not forever,anyone can change,it is allowed, to change that is,to think for ourselves!

:soap: :cat:
    Purgatory was made up by the sick to get money from the ignorant.

And it still works...
    Resonator
    Resonator

Male
    Number of posts : 358
    Job/hobbies : Recycler
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post  Resonator Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 am

Some years ago I read a very interesting book, called 'Daimonic Reality', by Patrick Harpur.   I don't go with everything he says in the book, but other things make a lot of sense.

For one thing, the author made the brilliant observation that in any part of the world, people almost always perceive a higher power following the local beliefs.

In some parts of the world, Allah is considered the dominant deity, so when people have a mystical experience in which they perceive the dominant deity, it is Allah.  In other parts of the world it is Buddha, or Jesus, or the Virgin Mary.  Other aspects are similarly perceived, depending on what the perceiver believes.

What this points to is another shift from physical reality, in that what is perceived has less to do with an 'objective' reality of what is perceived as opposed to the subjective reality of the perceiver.    If Spirit has a message, it is less concerned with concrete representations than a representational symbolism the perceiver will understand.     In this way mystical experience interpretation becomes akin to dream interpretation.   It also means the difference between 'real' and 'false' experience is even fuzzier, requiring a sharper discernment and deeper attention to detail to fully comprehend.

Just my take.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 am