Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hope to help each other grow

Amore
    Amore

Female
    Number of posts : 36
    Job/hobbies : Teaching, Piano, etc
    Registration date : 2017-11-19

Hope to help each other grow Empty Hope to help each other grow

Post  Amore Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 am

I don’t mean grow up - forever young! :) What I hope is to help & be helped in our spiritual development and journeys. I feel the need to join with people of spiritual (not so much religious) faith. Lately, I’ve focused too much on logic. You may be familiar with Fowler’s stages of faith. I’m somewhat in stage 5 - where I can appreciate religious parables without getting stuck on petty dogma & I do see limits of logic. Yet, I find myself being spiritually held back with skepticism (stage 4). I do some spiritual practices - but not much & I feel the need to learn and experience more, to grow spiritually.

I hope we can be help to each other. Thanks for having me in your group.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Hope to help each other grow Empty Re: Hope to help each other grow

Post  psychoslice Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:36 am

Yes I like what you have shared here, I myself am not into literal interpretations of anything spiritual, this is why left Christianity behind, it only held me in its prison of dogma and fundamentalism, I think we all need to find our own path, our own way and not copy others, for that is only second-hand. :astar:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Amore
    Amore

Female

Post  Amore Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi Psychoslice,
    I agree about our paths are unique & I relate with no longer believing in Christianity. It can feel lonely being surrounded by very religious people who have been taught to condemn anyone who disagrees with an aspect of their religion. On the other hand, I don’t fit well in alternative resort dogmatically liberal circles either. I have to regularly remind myself that each’s path is unique & I don’t have to agree on everything with everyone - rather just appreciate the great moments when we relate.
    Amore
    Amore

Female

Post  Amore Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi Gigpdo,
    I like your humor. And thanks for the warm welcome.
    I’m going to have to preach to you about Psych-ology! :) It is inseparable to spirituality, wouldn’t you agree?
    Oh, and this counts for posting -no corner time out needed - though I like time out - solitude! :)
    Amore
    Amore

Female

Post  Amore Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 am

gigpdo wrote:
    Amore wrote:Hi Gigpdo,
    I like your humor.  And thanks for the warm welcome.
    I’m going to have to preach to you about Psych-ology! :) It is inseparable to spirituality, wouldn’t you agree?
    Oh, and this counts for posting -no corner time out needed -  though I like time out - solitude! :)

I would of broke psychology down differently to that, I would of wrote Psyche-ology, and as to being inseparable to spirituality that should be your first "thread" here,make a thread out of it,it will get lots of interesting answers I think!

:soap: :cat:
    Good idea.  Thanks.  ✅
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 am

Amore wrote:Hi Psychoslice,
    I agree about our paths are unique & I relate with no longer believing in Christianity.  It can feel lonely being surrounded by very religious people who have been taught to condemn anyone who disagrees with an aspect of their religion.  On the other hand, I don’t fit well in alternative resort dogmatically liberal circles either.  I have to regularly remind myself that each’s path is unique & I don’t have to agree on everything with everyone - rather just appreciate the great moments when we relate.
    Yes, nicely said, and I totally agree. :astar:
    Gemmy
    Gemmy

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

Post  Gemmy Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 am

Amore wrote:I don’t mean grow up - forever young!  :)  What I hope is to help & be helped in our spiritual development and journeys.  I feel the need to join with people of spiritual (not so much religious) faith.  Lately, I’ve focused too much on logic.  You may be familiar with Fowler’s stages of faith.  I’m somewhat in stage 5 - where I can appreciate religious parables without getting stuck on petty dogma & I do see limits of logic.  Yet, I find myself being spiritually held back with skepticism (stage 4).  I do some spiritual practices - but not much & I feel the need to learn and experience more, to grow spiritually.

I hope we can be help to each other.  Thanks for having me in your group.
    Hi Amore

It's great to be whole and include the spiritual dimensions of our humanity, to open up to wider possibilities and become earnest about the truth, and logic has its place in the intellect, and skepticism or critical thinking is an important part of discernment, but all aspects of thought present limitations where logic meets illogical, reason meets madness... so we become ardent about the limitless, beyond what can be a thought, and reach past our personal limitations, and open up to broader conscious awareness as it shines a light within.
    Amore
    Amore

Female

Post  Amore Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi Gemmy wrote:
    Amore wrote:I don’t mean grow up - forever young!  :)  What I hope is to help & be helped in our spiritual development and journeys.  I feel the need to join with people of spiritual (not so much religious) faith.  Lately, I’ve focused too much on logic.  You may be familiar with Fowler’s stages of faith.  I’m somewhat in stage 5 - where I can appreciate religious parables without getting stuck on petty dogma & I do see limits of logic.  Yet, I find myself being spiritually held back with skepticism (stage 4).  I do some spiritual practices - but not much & I feel the need to learn and experience more, to grow spiritually.

I hope we can be help to each other.  Thanks for having me in your group.
    Hi Amore

It's great to be whole and include the spiritual dimensions of our humanity, to open up to wider possibilities and become earnest about the truth, and logic has its place in the intellect, and skepticism or critical thinking is an important part of discernment, but all aspects of thought present limitations where logic meets illogical, reason meets madness... so we become ardent about the limitless, beyond what can be a thought, and reach past our personal limitations, and open up to broader conscious awareness as it shines a light within.
    Hi Gem! You have a way with words! :)  Beautifully poetic - and at the same time practically wise.  To be whole - merging logic as well as emotion & spirituality, and open up to more possibilities - sounds awesome!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 am