Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Plastics

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Plastics Empty Plastics

Post  Violet Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Personally I don't  think enough is being done regarding plastic, I don't  know why we can't go back to glass bottles

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Plastics Empty Re: Plastics

Post  psychoslice Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:03 am

I think the process of making them and the weight of the product would put the prices up ?.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:29 am

gigpdo wrote:Its the rutile, sand needed to make the glass?...there is a lot of sand but to transport it to be processed would cost too much, and people just don't want to pay it?

If you ever see what happens to a tropic island that has been licenced to mine rutile, the devastation it causes to the wildlife and flora, then just look at Fraser Island off the coast of Qld, Australia! :urwelcome: 

:soap: :cat: cat
    Hey, i am up in Queensland, Townsville actually. :astar:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 am

gigpdo wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:Its the rutile, sand needed to make the glass?...there is a lot of sand but to transport it to be processed would cost too much, and people just don't want to pay it?

If you ever see what happens to a tropic island that has been licenced to mine rutile, the devastation it causes to the wildlife and flora, then just look at Fraser Island off the coast of Qld, Australia! :urwelcome: 

Hey, i am up in Queensland, Townsville actually. :astar:
    Nice little town Townesville, particularly if you hop on a boat out to Magnetic Island, I worked all over Queensland in the mid to late 70's, stayed in Townsville a bit on my way through back to Sydney.

Worked at all the major coastal towns from Brisbane to Cairns, and out Blackwater, Blair Athol etc, on the coal mines, Construction and Maintenance, on the Atherton Tablelands too, a place called Malanda, 6 months there living in the Malanda Hotel, the Biggest wooden pub in the Southern Hemisphere, it's a small World KPB, lol..and when i went back to Brissie Vegas i lived at Paddington, just near Lang Park.
     I was only in my mid 20's!

Saw David Bowie there live with a warm up by Doc Neeson and The Angels, Bowie was great, Station to Station was classic Bowie, good old memories eh!... :urwelcome:

But Fraser Island is stuffed up pretty well... :peace:

That's great. i have only been to Brisbane and Sydney, couldn't wait to get back to Towsville.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:04 am

gigpdo wrote:Cool video, I love that song,I liked Townsville, I worked in Innisfail too for 6 months on the way back from Darwin, that was a few years later though, and i loved Airlie Beach, i went up there in 1976 first time for a holiday and a " look around " then decided to pack up and work my way around.. :cool: :cool: :cool: 

You are a little rolling stone that's for sure, me personally, I'm just a shag  on a rock lol.:evil:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm