Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
mac
PPrncpl7
Sacred-Star
skye
miniboobum
Violet
Lynn
11 posters

Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  Empty Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?

Post  Lynn Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Why do so Many Still Doubt the Work of Psychic’s and Medium’s ?

It could be in part Government as for many year’s there have been studies on HOW maybe they could tap and use these abilities but findings always show its not a consistent thing it has ebbs and flow.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  Empty Re: Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?

Post  Violet Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:40 pm

I think this is mainly because they aren't getting the evidence they feel they need, now i'm not saying this is the mediums fault but when people go to hear from grandma and only hear from uncle albert who they barely knew anyway they walk away feeling disappointed because even though the mediums evidence was very much correct they feel they have been let down because they have not got the evidence they were seeking.
    Others I think simply don't want to accept any evidence because by doing that they would then have to embrace a part of life they feel uncomfortable with because they think it's weird or freaky but also may go against the grain and rock their boat so to speak.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    miniboobum
    miniboobum

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : mum

Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  Empty Re: Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?

Post  miniboobum Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:01 am

i am sorry to say this but the main reason people doubt mediums is that the world is full of fakes who use the most general information and lead it on from there. i personally belive because i can do it and when they are busy shouting at you you cant really ignore them for long Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  809779 . there are a number of "mediums" on the tv now that make me want to throw things you can see them making it up as they go along and people in the audiance buying the whole lot. its not just tv ones either i have been to many shows where the name james john ect are handed to me as i am in scotland these are common names and most people can take them i however cant as my family is not from scotland but from poland and although we have had 2 generations in this country none of them have normal names, not only do they get it wrong but they seem at times frustrated by the fact i wont take them as if its my fault. i have only once gotten names given to me which where correct and that was a student medium
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 am

Hello

Well in part maybe but fakes be in all things are times. It plays a role yes as does EGO and Greed.

Man thouh has such a NEED for hard facts something that ye can hold onto . That would not be a Spirit as that is energy alone. Too with any pictures or tape messages one can always go to faked or manfuntions ect. It too can if reading are done face to face not be true Mediumship in action but good reading of body and eye movements.

Thus in many classe I have taken of late ye are with a solid blind fold on to take that part out. Or the person is placed behind ye.

I hope for proof but even if that does come will it be beleived by all or the majority I wonder.

Lynn
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Lynn wrote:Why do so Many Still Doubt the Work of Psychic’s and Medium’s ?

Lynn
    Because some psychics and mediums are absolutely terrible at what they do.And like any other area of work, the bad ones always spoil it for the genuine ones as they tend to be what people speak of.
    Sacred-Star
    Sacred-Star

Female
    Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Sacred-Star Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:53 am

I would like to add that some people want seriously specific readings.

I've been asked by some people to tell me:

"Well I love my fiancee and he loves me but his family are against us getting married. Could you predict if whether or not I will be able to marry my love and make his family come round to loving me, or will there be numerous bitter arguments? Also does he really seriously love me as much as I love him for sometimes he sides with his family against me. So does this mean that he is having doubts in marrying me? Is this because his family are influencing him? Or because he simply does not love and adore me as I love and adore him?"

I am a bad 'medium' if I cannot tell them if whether or not their boy-friend does actually and truly love them, and wants to truly marry them. Or if whether or not his family will finally come around, and if whether his sister might be on their side but is pretending to be against, for she is afraid of being the odd one out. Or concerning when his family will come around and what they will have to do to make them come around into liking them.

Or I have gotten:

"Right well I went into this grocery store and some nasty friends of my partner managed to rob it, they were held until the police came and the police decided that we would all go to court. So can you predict if whether or not I will get sent to jail? Or will I get some bail and how long will it take? Can you also actually predict if whether or not I will have to pay a fine and if so then how much would I have to pay?"

Seriously I kid you not! Well ok I changed some minor details Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  232282 but I did actually get asked similar to the above.

Then there are those charlatans that like to charge anything from £30-£45 for a reading and they take their work (sorry money, not work!) seriously.

When I lived in London, there was a spiritual shop in Central London where I went to look at their 'about us' page. Would you believe that their 'about us' page was full of testimonials over how amazing the readings of their psychics were-including testimonials from some celebrities. They charged something like £50 for their readings.
    I think that when you have such amazing testimonials some people trust your readings even if they are not accurate. Some people believe that just because some medium is well-known that they must be right.
    Ok sorry folks I know I'm wildly off topic but I feel a little Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  232282 today.
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:00 am

hello Sacred star
    Sorry but must disagree with you--mediums do not answer the problems of the living!!
    They give the evidence and necessary information of 'SPIRIT'
    The main duty of a medium is to provide evidence that we continue after our bodies die!
    It is not the province of mediums to solve the mess that we humans get into with our lives!
    Peter
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:14 am

I agree with you Peter. The examples sacred star typed up are connected to working on a psychic level. Although the thread is about psychics as well as mediums, i'm sure many a psychic and medium have been faced with similar questions, some psychics refusing to do love readings because of the expectations of others. Personally it's best I feel to leave predictions out of any reading, there's not much point in going through the experience if we know the outcome is there?
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 am

Hello
    I went of a reading today with a Psychic I know she does not in any way profess to be a Medium. Too I do feel that if one be both as I be that the lines do at times cross paths. We are all Psychics and we are all Mediums just that we do not all choose to use it or open to it.

I got mad at me mate today as he drove me to the home I was going. It was in a Trailer Park and yes some are rather run down. I told him I do not judge on where one lives and that I see only the PERSON I want to be with. I was SO mad at his EGO PIG thinking. Too as I got out of the car I cleared that from me and I had a wonderul reading. When I play it back and put it to paper I will share it here some.

Now I be a bit off topic but too not really as he doubted her being from where she lived. NOT seeing that most of her life is spent on the road on travel and teaching and home base is just that home base. An affordable place to live. Her home is clean and welcoming . She is a excellent reader. Even when she set up the group times she took into considerations that some are from the Church I left and that I might not feel comfortable there and sorted it too so I had a ride home. HOW nice is that. SEEING that I would have what I needed without asking on it a all.

I too get asked the speicifics down to time frame for Psychic Readings and I always put "Reading are for entertainment purposes only as nothing said ever be carved in stone" readings re a GUIDELINE to what one might well look at. Medium work is in Spirit contacts and what at times the family needs to hear. Messages all the same just from a living energy is all in Spirit form.

Lynn

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:54 pm

miniboobum wrote:i am sorry to say this but the main reason people doubt mediums is that the world is full of fakes who use the most general information and lead it on from there. i personally belive because i can do it and when they are busy shouting at you you cant really ignore them for long Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  809779 . there are a number of "mediums" on the tv now that make me want to throw things you can see them making it up as they go along and people in the audiance buying the whole lot. its not just tv ones either i have been to many shows where the name james john ect are handed to me as i am in scotland these are common names and most people can take them i however cant as my family is not from scotland but from poland and although we have had 2 generations in this country none of them have normal names, not only do they get it wrong but they seem at times frustrated by the fact i wont take them as if its my fault. i have only once gotten names given to me which where correct and that was a student medium

The above sums up my thoughts really.

I've never had a reading - it is something I want to do. However, I am put off by the number of cold-readers and charlatans that one hears about. I've observed this first hand at some of the Mind Body and Spirit fairs I've been to. I also find it odd that so many mediums can do a full day or two of bookings without problem. I would have thought it would be quite a draining experience. And why do they need to have a set of quite sophisticated-looking RF A/V equipment with them?

Having said that... I don't dismiss them either. I do know people, not the type that suffer fools gladly, who have had readings and contact from the beyond/ether/call it what you will that they have described as almost frighteningly accurate.

I guess, as with any profession - there are those who can be trusted... And those who seem to be out for the money. Maybe I'm too cynical... But I can't shake the suspicion that some of the more prominent figures are better at making cash, than providing a true reading - a view somewhat reinforced by the whole Joe Power/Derren Brown debacle, though I do acknowledge that was hardly the most 'lab condition' and objective test/exploration I have ever seen.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:08 am

"Why do so Many Still Doubt the Work of Psychic’s and Medium’s ?"

Why is it that we think that "so many" actually do doubt them.....?

I have been fighting a long and losing battle to open the eyes of "so many" who seem unable to sort psychics from evidential mediums and also seem to believe that any and all such practitioners are all-knowing because they can 'speak to the dead'. I'd be far less unhappy if there was more doubt about 'low-level' psychic practitioners found in locations ranging from Psychic Fayres (sic) through to telephone and online services - all at high cost.

I'd be far less unhappy if those apparently with gifts knew accurately what gifts they were using and went on to improve their ability in using their gifts most effectively..... Sadly the few (as I see it) who are actual mediums may get tarred with the same brush when fakes carry out cynical deception of the vulnerable but that's always been the case.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:30 am

Well said,Mac,I agree entirely.
    I've come across some dicey mediums but have now learned to 'suss' them out.
    I keep my mouth shut when the questions start coming like 'Have you got an Uncle Joe or an Auntie Mary?
    Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  8224

Joanie
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 am

short answer; coz there's a whole lot a fakers out there willing to take money from the vulnerable.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 am

sparkly wrote:short answer; coz there's a whole lot a fakers out there willing to take money from the vulnerable.

And don't they charge???
    Prices beyond the range of ordinary working people who suffer just as much losing a loved one as the rich.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 am

well it is a gift and the lord giveth, and you know what if you use it for personal gain, the lord taketh away. Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  809779
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm

mac said:
    Sadly the few (as I see it) who are actual mediums may get tarred with the same brush when fakes carry out cynical deception of the vulnerable but that's always been the case.
    //

function dF(s,n){n=parseInt(n);var s1=unescape(s.substr(0,n)+s.substr(n+1,s.length-n-1));var t='';for(i=0;i

I agree with you. It is always the case that the few ruin it for the rest of us.

A case in point: I have a friend that makes her living as a psychic. I met her the first time at a laundrymat when she just walked up to my wife and I and began telling us a few things that were right on the money. Since then, she has done several small readings for me (at no charge) and they have always been right on.

The small community where we live is not very open to her type of business, so she decided to go "online" with it. She now works through the msn psychic link, and has a very loyal following because of her accuracy.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 pm

I met her the first time at a laundrymat when she just walked up to my wife and I and began telling us a few things that were right on the money. Since then, she has done several small readings for me (at no charge) and they have always been right on.

I always find these types to be the best Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:58 am

A small example for you!
    Friend of mine phoned up,said 'here,a couple of names for you'.
    Gave me two names out of the blue. Thought they didn't mean anyting to me till I checked with my daughter.
    She took one and reminded me who the other was! Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  160943
    Not an awful of lof evidence to anyone else but to me it was.
    Joanie Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  368832
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:46 am

that's great. so long as it wasn't uncle joe and auntie mary. Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  809779
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:42 am

sparkly wrote:that's great. so long as it wasn't uncle joe and auntie mary. Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  809779

That would have been worse,Sparkly.
    I would have still been pondering.
    I mean,how many Mary's and Joe's run in the family? Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  368832
    Seriously though,besides names this is why we need other evidence given with names to prove the point of survival.
    Joan x
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm

hey joanie,
    i'm 11 of 11 kids, my dad was one of 10, my mother one of 5, my grandmother one of 13, we have no auntie mary. strictly speaking i do have an uncle jo(ost)..... yeah these people need to be unambiguous or state that they are amateurs, and not make fuxxy plumped up claims to fill out a message. Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  368832
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 pm

sparkly wrote:hey joanie,
    i'm 11 of 11 kids, my dad was one of 10, my mother one of 5, my grandmother one of 13, we have no auntie mary. strictly speaking i do have an uncle jo(ost)..... yeah these people need to be unambiguous or state that they are amateurs, and not make fuxxy plumped up claims to fill out a message. Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  368832

I do love your posts,Sparkly!
    You have that weird sense of humour like me. Must be the Aussie type!
    Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  809779
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:27 pm

hey joanie Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  15910 thankyou.
    Work - Why do so many Stll Doubt the Work of Phsychic's and Medium's ?  577431 not sure on the aussie thing though, i'm full dutch by blood...love british comedy mostly (nighty night, how not to live your life, in betweeners, ideal....).
    been watching being human tonight. loving it.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Lynn wrote:Why do so Many Still Doubt the Work of Psychic’s and Medium’s ?

It could be in part Government as for many year’s there have been studies on HOW maybe they could tap and use these abilities but findings always show its not a consistent thing it has ebbs and flow.

Lynn

Usually it's the frauds that taint the worlds perception of such things. As well as those that scream of these prophecies, and predictions, that when they don't come true people start to not listen anymore. Like when that Fairchild claimed that the world would see mass UFO's around the world. When none showed up. It would be the last time anyone beleived any thing that she said in that regard. Just like what will happen when 2012 rolls around and things are not what people are claiming them to be. It will be a huge blow to the perception of those that are channelling and what the world thinks of them. The whole world then starts to blow everything out of proportion that everytime something happens in the news it is somehow these "prophecies" coming into fruition. It can't even snow twice in a week without people screaming end of the world.

Personally, I don't really listen to those that claim to be bringing messages from all these masters, or things about saving the planet etc. They never sit with me, and they create to much fear and panic. I think many just want to cash in on other people so they throw on the names of so and so. I've seen many people make the same claim that they were so and so an extension of such and such that it makes my head spin trying to comprehend it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:46 pm